Back WOW after 7 years

Had to do something now I'm not studying

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Back WOW after 7 years

#81  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 12:22 pm

I have the Dread Raven mount for preordering the deluxe edition of the next expansion. Just to help me deal with the fact that I spent like 6 months farming for the Raven Lord mount and it never dropped.

The real sad thing is I am going to start that farm again...cause I still want that mount and YOU WILL FUCKING GIVE IT TO ME GAME.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#82  Postby Fallible » Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm gonna come back down to earth with a bump when WLOD goes live, they give you access to every mount on the beta.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 12:27 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:I have the Dread Raven mount for preordering the deluxe edition of the next expansion. Just to help me deal with the fact that I spent like 6 months farming for the Raven Lord mount and it never dropped.

At least the dread raven can actually fly. The Raven Lord mount from BC doesn't fly. I was really disappointed when I got mine.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#84  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Couldn't really justify the price of the CE to myself. Awesome looking mount though.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Reeeeaaaaly low drop chance though.

I got that one on my 3rd or 4th attempt of soloing Utgarde on heroic. The drop rate might be low, but it is a pretty speedy one to farm.

By comparison, that frikkin polar bear mount you get from the Viking women took me foooooooooooooooooorever to get.

Yea, it's speedy. When you ignore the fact that you can only run it once a day.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Good point, I'd forgotten that.

You've made me look at wowhead for the first time in ages. It made me remember all the time I spent trying to get the Stratholme mount.

I've still not got it. :(
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#87  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm

You went and mentioned that damn mount...now I am thinking about needing to run that bloody thing as well. Though isn't that one of the lowest drops? Raven Lord is like 1% and that one was under that, I seem to remember it used to be so low that WoWhead and the like were just guessing the drop percent.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 2:13 pm

The problem with the Raven Lord was that you used to only be able to get it if you had a druid in your party on their flight form quest. Now you can activate the quest without a druid and that makes it a lot easier.

Still tedious as fuck though.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#89  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Raven Lord is still a very low drop rate, not the lowest once a day mount but still so low that it will take a long time on average to get it. I always worry with the low drop rate mounts that I have had them drop then sold them without even knowing, I check my loot over and over to make sure it is just armour and not some hidden mount.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Good point, I'd forgotten that.

You've made me look at wowhead for the first time in ages. It made me remember all the time I spent trying to get the Stratholme mount.

I've still not got it. :(

Me neither. And stupid thing is, you can actually run that endlessly.
Problem is I won't. Don't know why, have been running HoL over and over, but for some reason Stratholme is such chore.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Haven't gotten the Kharazan mount yet, either.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 2:23 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Raven Lord is still a very low drop rate, not the lowest once a day mount but still so low that it will take a long time on average to get it. I always worry with the low drop rate mounts that I have had them drop then sold them without even knowing, I check my loot over and over to make sure it is just armour and not some hidden mount.

I've been there with that frikkin turtle mount. I'm, sure that on at least one occasion, I clicked off the cast after the loot window had appeared and lost out on the turtle.

Then years later, it dropped for me whilst I was farming fish for food prior to raiding.

I got the fishing master of Booty Bay trinket one weekend. Probably only in the 2nd or 3rd week of trying. A friend of mine told me off for getting it, given that they had limited time to play and had I been there, they might have won it. I'd have pointed out the failings of that argument, but I was too busy swimming around as a fish.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#93  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Sendraks wrote:The problem with the Raven Lord was that you used to only be able to get it if you had a druid in your party on their flight form quest. Now you can activate the quest without a druid and that makes it a lot easier.

What quest?
It's a regular drop from the Heroic specific boss.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Haven't gotten the Kharazan mount yet, either.

I honestly can't remember if I have or not. You fuckers are making me want to log in.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#95  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

There is a mount in Kharazan? I used to run that with a mate I can't remember why...might have been for a mount. Might have been cause I was drunk and bored.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Sendraks » Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Sendraks wrote:The problem with the Raven Lord was that you used to only be able to get it if you had a druid in your party on their flight form quest. Now you can activate the quest without a druid and that makes it a lot easier.

What quest?

Actually they removed the quest entirely I think and just left the boss there.
Either way, if you're asking "what quest" clearly this is a "before your time" issue. :P

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#97  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

What quest?

In BC Druids had to do a set of dungeon quests to unlock the two speed flying forms. And the drop for Raven Lord is not regular drop...1.6% is never regular.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:There is a mount in Kharazan? I used to run that with a mate I can't remember why...might have been for a mount. Might have been cause I was drunk and bored.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30480
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#99  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 30, 2014 2:27 pm

I've been playing since the last month or so of Classic, so I knew about the original quest.
I though Sendraks was saying that quest was still in place.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#100  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Sendraks wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Raven Lord is still a very low drop rate, not the lowest once a day mount but still so low that it will take a long time on average to get it. I always worry with the low drop rate mounts that I have had them drop then sold them without even knowing, I check my loot over and over to make sure it is just armour and not some hidden mount.

I've been there with that frikkin turtle mount. I'm, sure that on at least one occasion, I clicked off the cast after the loot window had appeared and lost out on the turtle.

Then years later, it dropped for me whilst I was farming fish for food prior to raiding.

I got the fishing master of Booty Bay trinket one weekend. Probably only in the 2nd or 3rd week of trying. A friend of mine told me off for getting it, given that they had limited time to play and had I been there, they might have won it. I'd have pointed out the failings of that argument, but I was too busy swimming around as a fish.

I always have auto-loot turned on, I will never lose something because I miss clicked. That is another fear of mine, plus it speeds up dungeon runs.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games