Black Mesa

ETA: 8 hours and 35 minutes

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Black Mesa

#21  Postby Varangian » Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

It appears like I have the same type of problem like some other players, namely that I cannot find a way to resume the game. There's no desktop icon, no game in my Steam library, or any .exe file that starts the game. Solution, someone?

Nice joke in the opening part (prior to "Unforeseen Consequences"). Two scientists are talking, the one appearing to be a boss talking about TPS reports and that the other scientist will have to come in and work during the weekend. That's nod to "Office Space", the classic comedy about drudgery in an office setting.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby mraltair » Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Varangian wrote:It appears like I have the same type of problem like some other players, namely that I cannot find a way to resume the game. There's no desktop icon, no game in my Steam library, or any .exe file that starts the game. Solution, someone?

That's weird I installed it from a torrent and then steam installed SDK when I tried to play it the first time. It put a link to Black Mesa in my Library. Is it a common problem? :scratch:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Bribase » Sep 18, 2012 12:34 am

mraltair wrote:
Varangian wrote:It appears like I have the same type of problem like some other players, namely that I cannot find a way to resume the game. There's no desktop icon, no game in my Steam library, or any .exe file that starts the game. Solution, someone?

That's weird I installed it from a torrent and then steam installed SDK when I tried to play it the first time. It put a link to Black Mesa in my Library. Is it a common problem? :scratch:

Same for me. I can play it from my steam library.

EDIT: I think that as long as you have it installed in the default position you can go to the library and create a desktop shortcut for any game. Then in the shortcut's properties, edit it to say "steam://rungameid/13540830642081628378". Launching that should launch BMS.
Last edited by Bribase on Sep 18, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby Bribase » Sep 18, 2012 12:45 am

mraltair wrote:Either I've got better at games or they weren't that hard to beat. I remember being battered around the room for hours when I played Half Life.

Oh crap I've just remembered where I left my save game. Trash Compacter. :whine: I'm having trouble climbing boxes and I hate time limits.

Its on easy difficulty by default. I knocked it up to normal and the military guys are definitely as challenging as in the original HL. My shields and health are going from near death to full health constantly. I've been lulled into a false sense of security by battling the combine.

The jump height certainly needs work. Duck-jumping is meant to be a feature but it's just a bind because every jump seems to need to be one.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games