Deus Ex: HR

Discussion and Appreciation

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Deus Ex: HR

#121  Postby Animavore » May 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Even though I purchased this in Jan I've only just downloaded and am playing now. I've completed the prologue and got through the stunning and professional opening credits and the first section. All above board so far. It looks like it's going to develop into being quite the game as you delve into it.

The only serious frustration I have is not being able to map the buttons to a preferred style (namely similar to CoD) and have to play it their way. This is bugging the crap out of me. I've died numerous times and except for one time I got impatient, every other time has been because I pressed a wrong button out of automatic reflex. I'm ducking when I should be running. Going to cover when I should be aiming.... it's a disaster. It's also incredibly ironic given that this is a game about being able to augment oneself. Christ on a Space Hopper!
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby Uberuce » May 24, 2013 6:18 pm

The boss fights are guff. Other than that, it's a cracker.

I notice they're using the score for Will Smith's next tubbily budgeted summer flick After Earth's trailer. That in itself was far more interesting to me than the film looked.

I'm still adjusting to the fact a mainstream game is now a nae-kiddin' multimillion enterprise and routinely hires A-list talent for the music and voice cast. Hans Miller doing Crysis 2's main score (although I concede he phoned that one in), a smattering of Oscar winners in the cast of Dishonoured and Skyrim, that kind of thing.

In time, I expect I'd think 'well, of course they're using the DX;HR score, it's ace' rather than 'I can scarcely believe they're using a computer game's score for a blockbuster trailer - don't they normally poach from other big films?'
Uberuce

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Animavore » May 26, 2013 12:57 pm

The world really opens up after the first mission. It's quite daunting. Finally getting used to the controls but I'm still not happy I can't just map the buttons. It'll probably be a disaster when I play the BF3 Sunday games tonight and switching back to my preferred buttons. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Wuffy » May 28, 2013 8:46 am

Considering this game was in production and the score has been fairly public in trailers and teasers well before that garbage will smith film. I'm going to say the film is pinching the games soundtrack. :P

Edit:
Hah, turns out they didn't steal it, they licensed it.
They paid Micheal McCann (Man who did soundtrack for DE:HR) to use the music for their trailer.. But not the film.

http://www.behaviormusic.com/projects/a ... h-trailer/
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games