Diablo 3

15th May

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Diablo 3

#1  Postby aban57 » Apr 18, 2012 4:26 pm

So, who's going to buy it ?

I won't, but I found this for you guys, in case you run out of lame excuses for your boss/girlfriend :

http://www.sorryformay15.com/

I loved these ones :

Yo Boss. I would really like to go to work today, but I can't. No more town portal.
Sorry Boss, I'm really sick so I can't go to work today. But don't worry, I found a new staff for you. An elite one.

:lol: :lol: :whistle:
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Diablo 3

#2  Postby wunksta » Apr 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Most of my coworkers and I will be playing this as soon as it releases, including my bosses lol
The night is dark and full of terrors...
wunksta

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby aban57 » Apr 19, 2012 9:05 am

so you can send him an excuse then :D
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby mrjonno » Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Please let there be a quick pause or save option, will determine if I can play it and stay married
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)

Birthday
Print view this post

#5  Postby MoonLit » Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm

aban57 wrote:So, who's going to buy it ?

I won't, but I found this for you guys, in case you run out of lame excuses for your boss/girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse :

FIFY! :lol:

Anyways, I'll be getting it. My mother, brother and myself have all been Diablo fans since the first game. :grin:
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby aban57 » Apr 19, 2012 3:05 pm

I played the first one for a long time on PS1 with a friend, loads of fun. I also played the 2nd one for a while, but this kind of games tends to bore me pretty kickly. I know that Blizzard tend to make pretty good games, but I don't like their policy. Didn't buy/play Starcraft 2 because I couldn't stand to pay 3 thirds of a game for a price of one, and I won't buy/play D3 because it will be polluteed very kickly by guys who will buy their stuff with money. Pretty much the same problem on browser games with in-game paying advanced features.
Or I'll buy it and play alone...
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Scar » Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I will play it at some point... but really, I don't care all that much anymore.
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby wunksta » Apr 19, 2012 6:51 pm

aban57 wrote:Didn't buy/play Starcraft 2 because I couldn't stand to pay 3 thirds of a game for a price of one

What does this mean? AFAIK, SC2 was just as long as the first one. So, it's a full game but only focuses on Terran first.

and I won't buy/play D3 because it will be polluteed very kickly by guys who will buy their stuff with money. Pretty much the same problem on browser games with in-game paying advanced features.
Or I'll buy it and play alone...

Everyone has access to the same items, so there is no 'advanced features' only available to people who spend money. And there will be no RMAH in Hardcore mode.
wunksta

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby aban57 » Apr 20, 2012 6:58 am

wunksta wrote:
aban57 wrote:Didn't buy/play Starcraft 2 because I couldn't stand to pay 3 thirds of a game for a price of one

What does this mean? AFAIK, SC2 was just as long as the first one. So, it's a full game but only focuses on Terran first.

SC1 contained the 3 campaigns right away. SC2's 3 campaigns have been split in 3 "big addons", sold each one at the price of a game, or close enough.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#10  Postby mrjonno » Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am

Just got my 40th birthday present Amazon vouchers and to prove I'm not even remotely approaching maturity I've pre ordered Diablo 3
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)

Birthday
Print view this post

#11  Postby Animavore » Apr 20, 2012 10:40 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#12  Postby wunksta » Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

aban57 wrote:
wunksta wrote:

SC1 contained the 3 campaigns right away. SC2's 3 campaigns have been split in 3 "big addons", sold each one at the price of a game, or close enough.

And each SC1 racial campaign was shorter than the entire SC2 game. There were 10 Terran missions in SC1 with 30 total, and now there are 29 Terran specific missions.

I don't think they would have added 90ish missions in one game.
wunksta

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby aban57 » Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

wunksta wrote:
aban57 wrote:
wunksta wrote:

And each SC1 racial campaign was shorter than the entire SC2 game. There were 10 Terran missions in SC1 with 30 total, and now there are 29 Terran specific missions.

I don't think they would have added 90ish missions in one game.

Of course campaigns are longer, otherwise the theft would have been too obvious :D

Anyway, I tried the beta this morning, and D3 is unplayable. European servers are not working, so us Europeans have to connect to the US servers, which made them full very kickly, making it impossible to play the SOLO game.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#14  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Apr 23, 2012 6:29 am

Hey honey. I know we are supposed to get married today, but I'm still looking for your ring. Can we put it off until tomorrow?

:rofl:
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Scar » Apr 23, 2012 10:18 am

So... I played the OB and I still feel kinda "meh" about it. It's not bad, but it's still not exciting me as D2 did. I feel they dumbed it down way too much in many respects. I hope the game actually starts getting somewhat hard after you've slain the skeleton king.

I guess I am going to buy it, it's probably going to entertain me well until GW2 comes out.
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby wunksta » Apr 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Man, this game is going to be so awesome.

They actually upped the difficulty a bit, added more monsters to the areas in the beta, so you should see a marked difference in the game play I think from what I've heard.

The graphics, while impressive, isn't 'Crysis' or anything. It isn't a ground breaking graphical achievement but that's not what it's supposed to be.

The only 'real' complaints that I see are for PvP and the RMAH. But, this game was stated to be completely casual and not intended to be an esport. PvP is not the focus, and is just for fun. Outside of that, the RMAH complaints really have no basis as far as I can see, as during CO-OP, who really cares?

The problem was that players were buying and selling gear and characters constantly in black market organizations, so this makes it safer and even allows players to make some money themselves.

As for 'dumbing down', I disagree. They wanted to get away from cookie cutter builds which were prevalent in the past and allow players to make their own choices which didn't penalize them. They are doing the same thing in WoW as well. There will still be some min-maxing, but for the most part the abilities that are offered are all completely usable and situational for the style you want to play.

I don't really think that managing stats and trees are important or benefit Diablo in anyway. The changes really boil it down to the core concepts and allow some diversity without leaving the possibility for players to get burned by making wrong choices.

The game play, class mechanics and using the skills offered are what should make the game challenging, not 'did I put the points in the right skill/stat?'

Just my opinions, but I am definitely looking forward to wasting a lot of time on this lol
wunksta

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby LIFE » May 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Just installed it, gonna play once the servers go live in a couple of hours...
I have never been excited for a game this much, well not in the last 10 years anyways.
It is amazing how it didn't bother me it took them so many years to come up with a new Diablo but now that it is so close it feels like torture I cannot play yet :lol:
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
LIFE
Site Admin

Name: Bernhard
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#18  Postby thirsting » May 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Ffffiiinallyyy

Off to local midnight launch event in 30mins. Had two not-enough-sleep nights already and have to be somewhere important in about 10 hours... still going to play all night long, if the game works and the servers can take the start zergrush of eager players. Bad time to notice you're all out of snacks though, no food stores of any kind open here at this time. Coffee and .. more coffee, then. And then some in the morning.
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Spearthrower » May 14, 2012 10:37 pm

The only reason I won't buy this is if my plane crashes on the way to the UK next month.

Either way - I'll be in Hell in June! YAAY!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby LIFE » May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Haha, probably won't be possible to play tonight, the servers aren't even responding and most likely crashed due to being hammered by million login attempts per second. It brought even their website to its knees :D

And this is a solo-player game, the irony of it all :D :D
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
LIFE
Site Admin

Name: Bernhard
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Video Games