Disney Gives EA Exclusive Rights to Star Wars Games

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Disney Gives EA Exclusive Rights to Star Wars Games

#21  Postby DarthHelmet86 » May 18, 2013 1:58 am

I actually think U-Play is the second best annoying game checker DRM there is, Steam is the best and U-Play falls far short but it is at least trying. The original Assassin's Creed had horrible DRM if I remember, or maybe it was the second. I remember a lot of rage posts about people not being able to play their games at that time. Ubisoft also had a staff member say that they would not be porting games to PC because PC users were just all pirates and used the fact that a game they had just launched only sold 1 million copies on the PC to show how piratey we are. He did get fired but it speaks of the internal mindset of some of the employs.

You don't want to get me started on Games For Windows Live.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Wiðercora » May 18, 2013 8:17 am

Maybe board and tabletop games are about to make a comeback. Wouldn't be so bad, I do like Risk and Warhammer 40K (though I suspect cocaine might be a cheaper habit than the latter). I tried Axis and Allies once, but it was very confusing.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Panderos » May 18, 2013 2:20 pm

mraltair wrote:
Matt8819 wrote:Oh ffs, why in hell did it have to be EA? I don't want to see Simcity: Tatooine come out as DLC, and Battlefield: Endor can go fuck itself.

Actually, 'Battlefield: Endor' sounds pretty good.

I would totally play Simcity:Tatooine.
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
Panderos

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby scott1328 » May 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Panderos wrote:
mraltair wrote:
Matt8819 wrote:Oh ffs, why in hell did it have to be EA? I don't want to see Simcity: Tatooine come out as DLC, and Battlefield: Endor can go fuck itself.

Actually, 'Battlefield: Endor' sounds pretty good.

I would totally play Simcity:Tatooine.

Well only if EA have enough servers and your connection is good.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby willhud9 » May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Wiðercora wrote:Maybe board and tabletop games are about to make a comeback. Wouldn't be so bad, I do like Risk and Warhammer 40K (though I suspect cocaine might be a cheaper habit than the latter). I tried Axis and Allies once, but it was very confusing.

:lol: Axis and Allies is great, once you get passed all of them rules. I remember I played a game of Axis and Allies that took 3 sittings to complete. We wrote down all of the troop placements and kept records of everything so setup was not difficult the next time we played. It definitely is a game you have to dedicate time for, almost like a dungeons and dragons campaign. Now that is what I would like to see a massive comeback of, the traditional roleplay games such as AD&D (or even 3rd Edition, 4th just blows), Palladium, Rift, etc. But sadly people would rather have flashy graphics thrown at you then the graphics of one's imagination. Lazy gits.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#26  Postby CarlPierce » Dec 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Wiðercora wrote:Maybe board and tabletop games are about to make a comeback. Wouldn't be so bad, I do like Risk and Warhammer 40K (though I suspect cocaine might be a cheaper habit than the latter). I tried Axis and Allies once, but it was very confusing.

Risk = Go try conquer club.....hundreds of risk maps and 16k active players.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby mrjonno » Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm

No one is going to release a computer game that is going to cost 10 to 100's of millions to development without serious DRM, online only + a constant revenue stream.

Like it or not that's the business reality and its best just to take that for granted and hope the actual game is actually any good
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games