Dying Light

Anita is at it again

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Dying Light

#1  Postby Rome Existed » Feb 03, 2015 4:00 am

Anyone playing or has the Damsel in Distress story line turned you off the game?

I think it's fun. It's kind of like Dead Island meets Dead Uprising in a way.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Dying Light

#2  Postby purplerat » Feb 06, 2015 4:27 pm

I've been playing and having a lot of fun with it. I must not have reached the Damsel in Distress story line yet. I suppose that comes later.

The game really does instill a sense of fear and anxiety about being near the zombies. Even though they are mostly slow and lumbering, especially during the day, if you're not paying attention it's easy to get surrounded by a mob and it's not always easy to escape.
Then every once in while you'll get a couple of runners who aren't so easily evaded. More than one and it's time to run and the parkour is both fun and challenging at times. But if you make a misstep you might run, or fall, right smack into the middle of a mob then you are fucked. At least that's the way it's gone for me early in the game with only a handful of skills unlocked in each skill tree.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Rome Existed » Feb 07, 2015 5:18 am

One word...... Molotovs.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Kaleid » Mar 11, 2016 1:27 am

I really enjoyed this game, far more than I thought I would. It's got a great atmosphere and the music is brilliant.

Tonight, I've completed it. And...

[Reveal] Spoiler:
What kind of ending is that? After building skills all game, plus two major boss fights that were really cool and well executed (Reis's arena, Tahir), you fight past hordes and parkour your arse off for... a QTE?

Hasn't completely ruined the game for me, but I was VERY disappointed.

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
Kaleid
RS Donator

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games