#261  Postby Shagz » Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am

Check out my Danish Empire.
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Europa Universalis 3

#262  Postby mraltair » Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Hey that's pretty decent. What year are you in now? 1700s?
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#263  Postby Wiðercora » Jun 06, 2012 3:23 pm

What vassals are they up there?

I edited my game files to give Navarra Labourd and Vizcaya, and remove the French and Spanish cores from them, respectively, you know to give them a fighting chance. I think it's a shame that Navarra get annexed by Aragon about 5 years in. Anyway, they're doing quite well now, carving a bit of France and Aragon out for themselves.

Speaking of France, it's gotten itself into quite a bit of trouble. The entirety of it's provinces are under siege, and have been for the better part of 20 years now, by an alliance of Armangac, Nevers, Flanders, Brabant and rebels. I declare war on them occasionally, and they're always at -3 stab, 100pc blockade 0pc WC and 17 WE.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#264  Postby Shagz » Jun 06, 2012 11:22 pm

mraltair wrote:Hey that's pretty decent. What year are you in now? 1700s?

Wiðercora wrote:What vassals are they up there?

Let's see if I can remember them all... Maya, Bourbonnais, Guyenne, Galicia, Navarra (which owns a S African province), Munster, Oldenburg, Saxe-Lauenburg, Luneburg, Pommerania, Brunswick, Brandenburg, Sicily, Kurland, Pskov.

I'm not sure if I'll continue this game, since I've already kicked Bohemia's, Spain's, and Austria's asses several times. I've pretty much become what Great Britain was in real life. My navy is at least twice as large as the rest of the world combined, my army is large, has high morale and discipline and is high tech. I have monopolies in all the good CoTs. My New World CoT has the highest value I've ever seen, fluctuating between 3800 and 4200 ducats; I produce about 77% of the world's sugar, 64% of the world's tobacco, and around 45% of the world's coffee and cotton. In short, I dominate the world, so there's not much of a challenge left. :coffee:

Wiðercora wrote:I edited my game files to give Navarra Labourd and Vizcaya, and remove the French and Spanish cores from them, respectively, you know to give them a fighting chance. I think it's a shame that Navarra get annexed by Aragon about 5 years in. Anyway, they're doing quite well now, carving a bit of France and Aragon out for themselves.

Speaking of France, it's gotten itself into quite a bit of trouble. The entirety of it's provinces are under siege, and have been for the better part of 20 years now, by an alliance of Armangac, Nevers, Flanders, Brabant and rebels. I declare war on them occasionally, and they're always at -3 stab, 100pc blockade 0pc WC and 17 WE.

I kinda want to play as Navarra, now. I'd probably have to vassalize myself to Castille, at first, to avoid being stomped.

And France doesn't seem to do too great in my games, lately.
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#265  Postby Wiðercora » Jun 07, 2012 10:02 am

France does annoyingly well in my games. I always wonder what the point of having English possessions on the continent is - France has more manpower, more soldiers and a fuck ton of vassals. England just can't win. Then France just blobs the fuck up into Iberia and Germany, declares wars left and right without the proper casus belli, and annexes the shit out of everyone.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#266  Postby Microfarad » Jun 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I am very proud of my Ireland (Munster) empire, which includes half Wales and some pieces of Flanders, as well. 8-)
Warning: the content of the post above may content inaccuracies, nonsense or insults to human intelligence. Read at your own risk.
Microfarad

Male

Italy (it)
Print view this post

#267  Postby mraltair » Jun 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Microfarad wrote:I am very proud of my Ireland (Munster) empire, which includes half Wales and some pieces of Flanders, as well. 8-)

I've never managed to take an Irish OPM into Europe, It just gets flattened.

But going the other way... mraltair @ Video game(s) you're playing
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#268  Postby Microfarad » Jun 09, 2012 1:49 pm

mraltair wrote:
Microfarad wrote:I am very proud of my Ireland (Munster) empire, which includes half Wales and some pieces of Flanders, as well. 8-)

I've never managed to take an Irish OPM into Europe, It just gets flattened.

But going the other way... mraltair @ Video game(s) you're playing

:o :o :o
Warning: the content of the post above may content inaccuracies, nonsense or insults to human intelligence. Read at your own risk.
Microfarad

Male

Italy (it)
Print view this post

#269  Postby Wiðercora » Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I've started to learn how to mod EUIII. So far I can add countries, I split up Britain into Scotland, Strathclyde, Northumbria, Mercia, Wessex, East Anglia, Wales, Kent and Cornwall. I also added the Kingdome of Mide to Ireland. Next I'm going to try and find out how to do decisions, so I can have a 'Form England' decision.

I also turned France into a Steppe Horde (with Western Tech, natch) for funzies. Last I checked they'd carved a bloody swathe into the HRE.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#270  Postby Sgt Kelly » Jun 26, 2012 8:01 am

Crusader Kings 2 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Much more fun than EU3 in my book. The fact that you're playing as a dynasty makes it more personal and involving.
Sgt Kelly

Male

Belgium (be)

Birthday
Print view this post

#271  Postby Nostalgia » Jun 27, 2012 12:01 am

Something interesting has happened in my current game.

I'm playing as France... a while ago England took over all of Britain and Ireland and formed the British nation. Recently Wales, one of the Irish nations and Northumberland appeared, I guessed that Britain lost their war with Spain and was forced to release them. But then I've just loaded up the game and I see that England has also appeared as an independent nation in south Wales. So now we have England, Wales, Northumberland and Britain inhabiting one island... this happened to anyone else? :think:

Also, how do you take the worldwide screenshot that everyone's posting here...?
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#272  Postby mraltair » Jun 27, 2012 6:37 am

IIRC F12 is the world map and Shift+F12 is the one showing only your provinces
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#273  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 29, 2012 2:14 am

Back home again, so I will do an update this weekend. I can't even remember what was happening in the game! :)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#274  Postby Sonoran Lion » Aug 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I received this game for my birthday and it has been pretty fun so far. Started out with an easy country, Castille, and formed an alliance with France right away. When France went to war with England it gave me an opportunity to annex territories from Portugal (England's ally) until I was able to take them all. Plus, when I go to war, France provides a pretty nice buffer. And with my navy, other nations have problems reaching the peninsula over water. Playing the Italian provinces against each other also allowed me to eventually annex the entire Italian peninsula.
"I would rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are,
Because a could-be is a maybe that is reaching for a star.
I would rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far,
For a might-have-been has never been, but a has was once an are".
Sonoran Lion

United States (us)
Print view this post

#275  Postby Sgt Kelly » Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWTGEZKzn8[/youtube]
Sgt Kelly

Male

Belgium (be)

Birthday
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#276  Postby Wiðercora » Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Improved diplomacy? Good! The EUIII diplomacy is...lacklustre, to put it mildly.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#277  Postby Shagz » Aug 19, 2012 2:09 am

What I'd really like to see is an improved AI, so we don't see things like England having a vast empire but giving up control of home provinces to random nations they lose a war to. And can they please get rid of the ridiculous snaky borders?
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#278  Postby mraltair » Aug 19, 2012 7:42 am

Snaky borders? What do you mean?
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#279  Postby Shagz » Aug 19, 2012 7:56 am

mraltair wrote:Snaky borders? What do you mean?

Check out Austria. What ruler in his right mind would conquer territory in a snaky pattern through France like that?
Bohemia, too; they went on a conquering spree eastward, but left small countries intact in the middle of them.
And note how England has a North African empire, but for some reason agrees to give up British provinces every time they lose a minor skirmish.
It's silly.
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#280  Postby mraltair » Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am

Oh right. Yeah I agree the AI is pretty pants.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games