Fallout 4

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Fallout 4

#21  Postby Animavore » Nov 10, 2015 5:46 pm

I do betas for PlayStation and streaming is always blocked. Some games even block certain scenes or menus so as not to spoiler. The Fallout devs (and any others who moan about this kind of thing) could easily have made the game blocked by default and needing a one day patch.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Thommo » Nov 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Ok, so, let's have a sweepstake:

How many days till the first nude or "kill children" mods?
Thommo

Print view this post

#23  Postby catbasket » Nov 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:This is the comparison site I use for online game purchases, it's most useful:

https://isthereanydeal.com/

Cheers SD :thumbup:
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Thommo » Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Ok, I have to test this out. Allegedly your mister handy robot has been programmed with 1000 common names that if you choose for your character you get spoken dialogue calling you by name, which is awesome.

One of them is fuckface. Apparently.
http://www.gamesradar.com/does-fallout- ... your-name/

:rofl:
Thommo

Print view this post

#25  Postby Thommo » Nov 11, 2015 1:42 am

Can anyone who's played up a few levels do me a favour and just tell me what level you are, what END you have and what your max HP is please?
Thommo

Print view this post

#26  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 11, 2015 3:47 am

Thommo wrote:Can anyone who's played up a few levels do me a favour and just tell me what level you are, what END you have and what your max HP is please?

I checked the Pipboy app thing which had saved my data from level 7, on End 2 at Level 7 I had HP 111.

I have been feeling a bit squishy might need to dump some level up points into End.

Animavore wrote:I do betas for PlayStation and streaming is always blocked. Some games even block certain scenes or menus so as not to spoiler. The Fallout devs (and any others who moan about this kind of thing) could easily have made the game blocked by default and needing a one day patch.

That works for the consoles it does not work for the PC where the main problem is. If the disc gets out then both those who legally own it and those who don't will quickly get access defeating the purpose of launch dates. At the moment it seems the idea is to lock off data to a download to manage that. Later on a better solution might be found.

Another solution would be suing stores into the ground that let copies of games out early. Or games having more fluid release dates, with online versions going live as soon as the game is shipped and brick and mortars selling it when they get their hands on it. Since those last few days of shipping time before launch are often hectic clean ups of the game for a day one patch they would either need to ship once that had been done or get people upset about even more buggy launches.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Thommo » Nov 11, 2015 4:54 am

Thanks Darth.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Rome Existed » Nov 11, 2015 8:30 am

Thankfully Steam allows you to share games across accounts so when my brother isn't playing on his account I can play.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Thommo » Nov 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Really enjoying the game so far. The first big fight when you get to Concord blew me away. Playing on max difficulty it took me about 9 tries.

Also just got blown away a few times by a random minigunner I stumbled across. :lol:
Thommo

Print view this post

#30  Postby Nostalgia » Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm

I've left the main quest behind and I'm skirting the northern boundary. Took out a raider base, but only because their heavy glitched and got stuck (not so much stuck as refused to follow me up a slight incline). And just killed my first mirelurk hunter. That took a few goes.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Nostalgia » Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Thommo wrote:Really enjoying the game so far. The first big fight when you get to Concord blew me away. Playing on max difficulty it took me about 9 tries.

The fight was fun, but it was too much imho. Fighting a deathclaw in power armor within the first twenty minutes? Not to mention finding Dogmeat in the first place you come to. Really enjoying the game, but I was feeling too constricted. Thus my current foray in the wilderness. :smoke:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#32  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 12, 2015 3:34 am

One of peoples complaints about 3 was that it didn't push you to the main storyline once you left the vualt. I think that is the reason Concord and Dogmeat are right there to try and give people a push along the main line. I ignored it cause who I wanted the fat lewts.

Just wait till you see Swan a huge supermutant beast in the Boston Commons. Chewed up a good junk of my ammo and stimpaks leading him in circles so I could gun him down. I think you are meant to sneak past him. Or meant to use power armour and a minigun to take him down.

I tend to leave my power armour at base since I am playing a sneaky guy.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Thommo » Nov 12, 2015 7:20 am

Aww man, there's some funny shit in this game. Just wandered along a road and encountered a Mr. Gutsy robot which asked me to return to my home, then it said "repeat, will you comply", so the game gives you the option of taking the piss out of the robot by repeating back to it "will you comply" over and over in increasingly sarcastic voices.

This came to an abrupt halt when it blew my head off.

:rofl:

Note, that spoiler is for the joke, not for anything plot related or important.
Thommo

Print view this post

#34  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 12, 2015 7:37 am

I ran into the same Mr. Gutsy today. Poor guy trying to tell people to go home when the world has ended.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#35  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 12, 2015 7:42 am

I saw a complaint about the game that unlike the older Fallout 1 and 2 combat seems to be the focus of quests. With the solution to quests being violence at all times. Makes me wonder if he played the new game or if he played the old ones. Fallout 1 and 2 could be beaten without any fighting...if you skipped most of the game and knew ahead of time the tricks to beat the bosses. Violence has always been the main solution to quests since you can't talk raiders, feral ghouls and super mutants down. 4 has options to skip combat and there are quests that feature no combat.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Animavore » Nov 12, 2015 10:37 am

Going by my friends list I seem to be the only person not playing this. I can't commit to something like this while I'm playing Divinity and still haven't finished The Witcher 3. I might get in the new year.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#37  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Will definitely pick this up if I ever get around to buying a PS4, hopefully by that time most of the kinks will be worked out...as far as Bethesda works out kinks, that is!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Thommo » Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

Saw a random pack brahmin sprinting past me and decided to follow it, when I saw in VATS it had a name (Spot, more of a dog name though imo) spent like 2 hours trying to fight all of the ridiculously strong enemies (just about made it past the legendary super mutant with infinite amounts of grenades, but the fortified building with a legendary enemy with a fat man launcher was just too much) it led me to and then had to give up.

I really wish I'd made it to the end to find out what that's all about, but hopefully it is doable later and doesn't just despawn.
Thommo

Print view this post

#39  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 13, 2015 11:01 am

The other day I ran into a group of settlers standing around a preacher. They had just buried their friend and were talking about it. It was surprisingly touching and real, the last guy even showed survivals guilt. But hey the trolly reviewers who haven't played the game know that Bethesda can't write well,

I do wish I could find where one of my potential companions went. He said home, but he wasn't there. I don't think I had told him to go to one of my settlements before but I might have and just can't see him at them yet.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Thommo » Nov 15, 2015 7:07 am

Settlements are quite tricky, the lack of easy way to tell which settlers are doing what is quite inconvenient.

I've resorted to building a clothing store and handing out distinctive uniforms to settlers doing key jobs to avoid further hassle.
Thommo

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games