Fallout 4

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Fallout 4

#61  Postby Thommo » Jan 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Hmm, weird, I didn't try that (I took the skills) so I'd sort of assumed what you did would work.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jan 05, 2016 5:52 pm

purplerat wrote:
electricwhiteboy wrote:Are there rules about swapping out weapon upgrades you find already equipped to weapons? I found a pistol with a sharpshooter's grip I wanted to put on another pistol with the same ammo. I crafted a new grip and swapped it out, but the sharpshooter grip seems to be only allowed to be equipped to the pistol it came with. The pistol I wanted it on was a "named" weapon and I also lack the skill level to craft the grip, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Does the weapon you want to put it on already have an upgraded grip? I think you might have to remove that/put the default grip on in order to add the one you want.

I have the feeling I've put a comfort grip on it. I'll swap back to standard and see if that makes a difference. It seemed a bit of a petty way to balance the game if upgrades were tied to one weapon unless crafted.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#63  Postby purplerat » Jan 07, 2016 3:31 pm

electricwhiteboy wrote:
purplerat wrote:
electricwhiteboy wrote:Are there rules about swapping out weapon upgrades you find already equipped to weapons? I found a pistol with a sharpshooter's grip I wanted to put on another pistol with the same ammo. I crafted a new grip and swapped it out, but the sharpshooter grip seems to be only allowed to be equipped to the pistol it came with. The pistol I wanted it on was a "named" weapon and I also lack the skill level to craft the grip, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Does the weapon you want to put it on already have an upgraded grip? I think you might have to remove that/put the default grip on in order to add the one you want.

I have the feeling I've put a comfort grip on it. I'll swap back to standard and see if that makes a difference. It seemed a bit of a petty way to balance the game if upgrades were tied to one weapon unless crafted.

I'm pretty sure they are not tied down that way. I invested points in crafting early so I never really paid attention but I seem to have a lot of mods laying around from weapons I've found then scrapped.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Kaleid » Jan 11, 2016 3:49 am

Right, I have overcome the predictable 'ooh-new-shiny-game' feeling, and allowed myself to look at it all with a more critical eye...

Bethesda releasing a game before bugs/mistakes/broken features have been decently corrected, just to hit a deadline? Shome mistake, shurely! I can't think of a single instance in the past where they've done that...

My beef is with the Create A Settlement element, a great idea that has been executed astonishingly poorly:

- Why can't I see how many settlers I have assigned to food? Guard posts? Stores? Would a small info window have been too much to ask for?

- Could the clipping/collision detection/whatever you call it have been maybe just a little more forgiving? I can't put two junk fences together without almost a foot of space in between, all because a pixel of a sticky-out bit of tyre from the top of one fence is touching a sticky-out bit of wood from another!

- Variety. Yes, I've got most of the Picket Fence mags by now. Still screaming out for more.

- Levitating shacks are, I confess, a tad on the 'immersion-breaking' side. If fences can auto-align when I place them end-to-end, surely I can plant a shack down without building concrete foundations to stop it floating a foot off the floor?

- Electrical supplies/cables/areas of effect. It's completely buggered. Needs fixing.

- Settlers don't completely 'die' when attacked. What's the point, then?

- Radios can be tuned to different stations. Not dukeboxes. Build a delightfully tacky dancefloor, as I did, with a discoball and everything, and plonk a dukebox in the corner, and WATCH THE PARTY TAKE OFF!!!.... to the strains of Classical FM. I have settlers dressed like war-ravaged Mad Max extras, munching chop suey to the strains of 'In The Hall Of The Mountain King'.

I realise that much of this may be addressed in future DLCs, but it'd be nice if it could be a bit more polished from the get-go. Also, the DLCs could just end up being another smaller 'area of wasteland', with a few more missions, a lot more radiant missions (yawn), and miss out on improving what may be one of the more interesting new features of the Fallout series to date.

Edit to add: console gamer. No mods :whine:

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
Kaleid
RS Donator

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Thommo » Jan 11, 2016 4:54 am

Hard to argue with any of that. I still enjoyed it by and large though.
Thommo

Print view this post

#66  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jan 11, 2016 10:54 am

Thought mods were eventually coming to console?

Too many mechanics in this game are utterly unexplained, I've found experimenting and discovering from other players to be quite endearing and from a certain point of view added to my experience. I can imagine that a lot of people felt the opposite and were completely frustrated. I was lucky to have a couple of friends come over just when I unlocked the first settlement and got a master class in how the game works from them.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games