Game slows for a few secs then runs like mad

Started doing this a little while ago...

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Game slows for a few secs then runs like mad

#1  Postby MattHunX » Jan 15, 2014 9:14 pm

I first noticed it with Borderlands 2. My game runs, okay, not as fast as it should, then, it freezes for a good 10 seconds, and then it's starts running so smooth and fast from that point on, it's amazing to watch. And odd...

I'm playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and it started doing the same thing. I was in mid-combo, the game froze, not the sound though, I think...then, bamm, the camera sensitivity, fps...etc. went through the roof and it continued to run that smoothly, the difference in performance was quite apparent.

I remember playing that latest Need For Speed game, Rivals. There, the internet connection was the culprit. I couldn't even get bronze on the easiest of time trials, because the counter would run normally, but oddly enough, my speed would still be far too slow to make it in time. On a suspicion I turned off my internet and then BAMM, MAX performance, full speed rush. Could immediately gold the time trials, too.

Maybe that's the problem here as well, but I cannot be sure. :dunno:
MattHunX

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Game slows for a few secs then runs like mad

#2  Postby purplerat » Jan 21, 2014 5:18 am

what system are you playing on?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Game slows for a few secs then runs like mad

#3  Postby MattHunX » Jan 21, 2014 7:47 am

purplerat wrote:what system are you playing on?

PC, Win7, 64-bit, specs can be considered pretty high.

Assassin's Creed IV: Blackflag should have been running equally as smoothly but they didn't optimize it for the pc.
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation ran like a snap.

I guess I could have tried the on/off internet thing, but I already finished and uninstalled the game. :dunno:

Nevermind, now.
MattHunX

Print view this post

Return to Video Games