Re: Grand Theft Auto V

#122  Postby DoctorE » Sep 21, 2013 11:12 am

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 22, 2013 3:18 am

I'm stuck. Not because I suck but because no matter which character I choose the next mission jams my PS3.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#124  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 26, 2013 8:43 am

I went to the beach with Trevor for a quiet day out, but some guys picked a fight with me...for no reason at all...really...I promise. Anyway reasons aside they didn't fair to well, seems they all suddenly wanted a nap.

After letting them rest I went for a drive on the beach with a car that someone left for me to use, very nice of them they really must have wanted to walk home. Anyway how I found the car aside I found this wonderful sand sculpture, Trevor was most pleased.

After that I decided it was time Trevor helped people make the right decisions in their lives. This guy doesn't know that smoking can kill you.

He found out the hard way that smoking can really kill fast, doubly so when you just don't listen to Trevor.

After a short trip up and back down a ladder to see the sights a woman had started smoking in the same spot...I guess she needed a lesson as well.

Trevor was very pleased with his day out, so he went home...for some other fun times.

I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#125  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 29, 2013 2:58 pm

GTA Online should be coming in a few days at most. It was said to be two weeks from release which would be the 1st of October. I am really looking forward to it, though I still have a lot of work left in the single player. I have a lot of collections done but still need to do a lot of things for the rest of the achievements and 100%ing the game.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#126  Postby Sovereign » Sep 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Tursas wrote:Ok, which one of you is this...

And then she'll be the one filing a complaint about why her child is viewing nudity, sex, and violence in video games.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#127  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 1:23 am

I wonder how long until Anita Sarkeesian does a video claiming how much she loves the game but is disappointed in how sexist it is and then shows a bunch of youtube lets play vids from other people to prove that she is indeed a gamer?
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Thommo » Sep 30, 2013 1:44 am

Rome Existed wrote:I wonder how long until Anita Sarkeesian does a video claiming how much she loves the game but is disappointed in how sexist it is and then shows a bunch of youtube lets play vids from other people to prove that she is indeed a gamer?

Hasn't she got another 10 videos in her Tropes vs. Women $160,000 kickstarter project to go first? At 2 videos per 6 months, that would make an ETA for this vid in ~2018?
Thommo

Print view this post

#129  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 2:11 am

Thommo wrote:
Rome Existed wrote:I wonder how long until Anita Sarkeesian does a video claiming how much she loves the game but is disappointed in how sexist it is and then shows a bunch of youtube lets play vids from other people to prove that she is indeed a gamer?

Hasn't she got another 10 videos in her Tropes vs. Women $160,000 kickstarter project to go first? At 2 videos per 6 months, that would make an ETA for this vid in ~2018?

That's sexist and you are obviously part of the large internet campaign to slander her.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#130  Postby Thommo » Sep 30, 2013 2:30 am

Rome Existed wrote:
Thommo wrote:

That's sexist and you are obviously part of the large internet campaign to slander her.

True story. I guess I just have to face up to my rampant misogyny now I'm busted. :(
Thommo

Print view this post

#131  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 30, 2013 5:14 am

I don't know who started it but some people were complaining that once again GTA V did not have a female protagonist and was thus proof that Rockstar was just sexist as all hell. They also complained that all the female characters in the games were just horrible people and sexist. All at the same time ignoring that all the males are just as bad and sexist in how they are represented and that if there was a female lead she would be just as a sexist character as the men and would solve nothing.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#132  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 5:17 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:

I don't know who started it but some people were complaining that once again GTA V did not have a female protagonist and was thus proof that Rockstar was just sexist as all hell. They also complained that all the female characters in the games were just horrible people and sexist. All at the same time ignoring that all the males are just as bad and sexist in how they are represented and that if there was a female lead she would be just as a sexist character as the men and would solve nothing.

Yeah, they failed to realise that every character in the game is a stereotype.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#133  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 30, 2013 5:29 am

And failed to actually play the game, they were upset before the game was actually out. I actually think a few of the females are rather strong characters, women in control of their lives. Michaels wife is hardly a weak women, she has issues like every character in the game but she is a strong women who is capable of doing what she thinks is right and standing up to a husband who is known for killing people. Of course you don't see a lot of her but you don't really see a lot of any side character.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#134  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 5:47 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:And failed to actually play the game, they were upset before the game was actually out. I actually think a few of the females are rather strong characters, women in control of their lives. Michaels wife is hardly a weak women, she has issues like every character in the game but she is a strong women who is capable of doing what she thinks is right and standing up to a husband who is known for killing people. Of course you don't see a lot of her but you don't really see a lot of any side character.

But she wasn't a playable character and thus the game is sexist. Of course if she was playable it'd still be sexist because she'd be playing in a man's world or something.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Shagz » Sep 30, 2013 5:52 am

In a game where it's no big deal to walk out onto a crowded street and mow dozens down with a chaingun, isn't it a bit ludicrous to complain about a lack of strong female characters?
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#136  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 30, 2013 6:06 am

It's the same with the media, they like to harp on killing hookers in the game. Ignoring that you can kill anyone, it is the players choice to kill hookers not the games and that they don't ever really care about hookers until it happens in a GTA game.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#137  Postby Shagz » Sep 30, 2013 6:22 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot outrage about the bare breasts of the strippers yet. Or has there? I haven't been paying attention to the news much lately... too absorbed in playing GTA V :)
Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#138  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 6:38 am

I've seen vids where people were saying that showing bare breasts is misogyny. I'm still confused how being sexually attracted to women means you hate them.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#139  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 30, 2013 6:42 am

Well it isn't like they only show bare breasts in the game, you can find naked women and men around the place. Now you could argue that strip clubs are sexist but I find the idea of making anything about enjoying sexual attraction towards other willing participants as being sexist as just a bit odd.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#140  Postby Rome Existed » Sep 30, 2013 6:50 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Well it isn't like they only show bare breasts in the game, you can find naked women and men around the place. Now you could argue that strip clubs are sexist but I find the idea of making anything about enjoying sexual attraction towards other willing participants as being sexist as just a bit odd.

I don't get the contradictory claims

Sexual freedom for women, but any man who enjoys that is a misogynist!
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games