Grand Theft Auto V

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

#181  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am

I haven't noticed any lag that bad, I have been sniped just after sticking my head behind cover by that is only split second lag causing that. On their screen no doubt I still had my big stupid head hanging out.

I actually don't like the missions too much, you need a lot of players for them to be good and it is hard to get that many players from the wild or to get them to hang around for other game types after. I think they need to change the player limit for them, two players is clearly not enough or with low players change the spawn distance to really close. I have been sticking to the jobs that you get messaged by NPCs, or that other players message out looking for help on. They are normally only one to four players and you are working as a team so people having better guns or armour is only helping you.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#182  Postby Animavore » Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am

Only just started the multiplayer. Had to go into 'Passive Mode' just so I could walk around without people attacking me.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#183  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 04, 2013 11:42 am

Yes people are kinda arseholes when it comes to online games that let you PvP. They get a high out of gunning people down and tormenting them when they are just trying to do what they want without trouble. I kinda wish they would remove the cost of the Passive mode, it doesn't make sense to charge you 100 dollars which is nothing but small change. They want to have money sinks, all MMOs need money sinks or players will break the economy and game by hoarding money, but this is such a cheap thing that it can't be an actual money sink.

With time it might be changed or it might not, it isn't a game killer for me but for others it is.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#184  Postby Thommo » Oct 04, 2013 11:42 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:I have been sticking to the jobs that you get messaged by NPCs, or that other players message out looking for help on. They are normally only one to four players and you are working as a team so people having better guns or armour is only helping you.

Yeah, maybe this is my mistake, perhaps the co-op is more fun (and less lag sensitive) than the vs.
Thommo

Print view this post

#185  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 04, 2013 11:49 am

Thommo wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:I have been sticking to the jobs that you get messaged by NPCs, or that other players message out looking for help on. They are normally only one to four players and you are working as a team so people having better guns or armour is only helping you.

Yeah, maybe this is my mistake, perhaps the co-op is more fun (and less lag sensitive) than the vs.

It can be just as frustrating, the enemies often have the mini-uzi and are accurate with it. It only takes a short burst from that gun to kill a player. And cars are a lot less defensive then they are in single player, included with a lot of mission having a car delivery that will drive you right past other bad guys that you don't see till too late or who are on bikes/cars and pull out of alleys to gun you down.

On top of that if you die on one of these jobs you have to pay the normal healthcare/bail cost and you don't get told you are losing money that way unless you check your transactions. I was very frustrated by that, one or two deaths (normally the total amount of deaths/respawns these missions allow anyway) can turn the mission into a loss rather than a profit. This is something I think Rockstar needs to work on, either removing this cost from jobs and only having it on single player...or just removing it all together which is the option I want. Or perhaps have the cost only be used if you respawn faster, and have a slightly longer respawn timer for free. Like instant respawn is going to cost you the medical fee, but the 10 second one is going to be free but might spawn you further away from the action.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#186  Postby Animavore » Oct 04, 2013 12:26 pm

I just completed my first robbery. Shouting into the mic to hurry up the cashier was the best :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#187  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I have heard about that...but I don't want to be some tosser yelling into my mic with other people listening in. I only have 2 or 3 stores left to rob and I have the platinum medal for that and the achievement as well.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#188  Postby Animavore » Oct 04, 2013 12:32 pm

:lol: It's fun.

Anyway, I have my mic set to crews and friends only.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#189  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I know you can set other peoples mic chat to be ignored unless they are crew or friends and I did that, I don't know if I set my mic to be for only crew and friends as well...might need to actually plug my mic in for that option.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#190  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 05, 2013 8:16 am

The Purge Online, amirite?
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#191  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 05, 2013 2:12 pm

3 man convenient store robberies. Helicopter allows a quick run from the cops plus quick arrival at the next robbery location. Take from each robbery was between $1200 to $1800 before the split.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#192  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 05, 2013 2:15 pm

A very clever way to rob the stores.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#193  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:A very clever way to rob the stores.

Plus we didn't have to contend with everyone else on the ground who were in the process of slaughtering each other.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#194  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Rome Existed wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:A very clever way to rob the stores.

Plus we didn't have to contend with everyone else on the ground who were in the process of slaughtering each other.

I spotted a guy with a 2 grand bounty on the mountains near the damn while I was flying a small plane. I decided to kill him and the guy that was there. After killing myself by not stopping the plane right I did kill them both, but then they killed me a few times. Seems they were working together as friends would.

I lost more money then I gained but it was fun.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#195  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 05, 2013 2:40 pm

I had a guy chasing me and shooting at me. He was on a bike. I was in car. I hit my brakes and he flew over my car, so I ran him over.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#196  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 05, 2013 2:53 pm

I had three guys chasing me, I got a bounty from nicking an NPCs car. One guy ran me down but when he jumped out I had the time to blow him away, then another guy pulled up further away and he copped it too. The third landed a helicopter but forgot the doors are open so I could see his head and my gun stopped that threat. By then the first guy was back and I couldn't really get away, I tried a fools charge since he wouldn't come to me but he took me down and I only took him to half health.

It was a lot of fun.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#197  Postby Animavore » Oct 07, 2013 12:07 pm

People are treating me differently because I'm a woman :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#198  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I was in a helicopter and following someone who was in a car. It was obvious that he was in a panic. Eventually he got out and shot at my helicopter................ so I landed on him.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#199  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Animavore wrote:People are treating me differently because I'm a woman :lol:

I oddly enough have had no one react any different to my female character. They still gun her down and make rude signs at me.

The best was a guy who tried to shoot me when I was on passive, after working out he couldn't kill me he gave me the finger so I started drinking my beer in front of him. He got in his car and sat there for ages trying to target me with his gun, until he slowly drove off.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#200  Postby Animavore » Oct 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Someone asked me for my number :rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore