Grand Theft Auto V

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

#201  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I had one guy send me "You took forever" after a mission to catch two cars took awhile. He go one pretty quick but the one I was chasing just kept making turns that I didn't expect so I couldn't cut it off. Once I got it I had trouble losing the cops since every time I did they would come back and ping me again. I wasn't overly bothered it did take us awhile and the reward for it wasn't really enough you would have to be lucky to pull it off quick or already know where the cars were going.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#202  Postby Animavore » Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Some cheeky fecker parked a car across the shop doors and I cant get out :rage:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#203  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Bought myself an apartment. No more respawning 2 metres from where I died and getting killed over and over again for me.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#204  Postby natselrox » Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm

When Trevor leaves Patricia:

:rofl:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#205  Postby mraltair » Oct 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Animavore wrote:Someone asked me for my number :rofl:

Well...Did you give it to them? :lol:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#206  Postby Animavore » Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am

I just got the opposite end of the male spectrum today when I messed up a mission and some guy called me a "stupid bitch" and that women "shouldn't play computer games." :o

Men can be such pigs! I'm going to cry into my pillow or eat chocolate or whatever it is women do Image
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#207  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 08, 2013 11:10 am

Animavore wrote:I just got the opposite end of the male spectrum today when I messed up a mission and some guy called me a "stupid bitch" and that women "shouldn't play computer games." :o

Men can be such pigs! I'm going to cry into my pillow or eat chocolate or whatever it is women do Image

You should contact Anita Sarkeesian!
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#208  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

Animavore wrote:I just got the opposite end of the male spectrum today when I messed up a mission and some guy called me a "stupid bitch" and that women "shouldn't play computer games." :o

I would have been tempted to send him all kinds of messages about wanting to blow him and shit, then at the end asked if he would return the favour and blow my dick as well. Just to see how much he would have freaked out.

Or just asked what it is like in his parents basement and if his mum knows he is a sexist.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#209  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/10/07/g ... ine-review

Looks like Rockstar forgot to pay off IGN. Isn't IGN normally calling players entitled fuckbags if they complain about a game?
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#210  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Lost characters makes people mad, so it is understandable that a review would mention it no matter how much ad money they are paid. Hopefully Rockstar can restore most of the characters. As time goes on issues like this just wont happen any more, to expect an MMO close to launch not to have major problems is rather delusional of people.

Thinking public betas would help is also kind of silly, most of the real problems seem to be coming from server load and no beta could help sort out that with how many players got on when it launched. I can only imagine how bad it would of been if they released on launch and didn't use those two weeks to try and buff the servers.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#211  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 08, 2013 12:21 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Lost characters makes people mad, so it is understandable that a review would mention it no matter how much ad money they are paid. Hopefully Rockstar can restore most of the characters. As time goes on issues like this just wont happen any more, to expect an MMO close to launch not to have major problems is rather delusional of people.

Thinking public betas would help is also kind of silly, most of the real problems seem to be coming from server load and no beta could help sort out that with how many players got on when it launched. I can only imagine how bad it would of been if they released on launch and didn't use those two weeks to try and buff the servers.

I think most lost characters quickly pop back up in existence.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#212  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Rome Existed wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Lost characters makes people mad, so it is understandable that a review would mention it no matter how much ad money they are paid. Hopefully Rockstar can restore most of the characters. As time goes on issues like this just wont happen any more, to expect an MMO close to launch not to have major problems is rather delusional of people.

I think most lost characters quickly pop back up in existence.

I know two mates lost theirs, they restarted their Xboxes and bam they were back again. No doubt it was some kind of error on connecting with the server.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#213  Postby Animavore » Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm

My housemate's modded Playstation finally got busted and banned from online. Looks like I'll have to buy GTA now :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#214  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm

So I played a bit today with Matt8819's girlfriend, he was sleeping but I will get around to playing with him soon. We did some races against each other, picking who one so we could rake in a some cash and did some jobs as well. Just general screwing around, lots of calling the other person a bad driver/gunman/player and the like and since we did it on an invite only server we didn't have to worry about other players crashing the fun times.

I tried to take a selfie to show us off side by side but she was stuck in the running/combat animation and drawing her phone didn't help.

By the end of the game session I had enough to buy a 93,000 dollar apartment now to save up for one of the 10 car garage ones. Turns out though that you can't own a garage and an apartment at the same time, my old two car garage got traded in for 13,000 about half its price so I saved a bit on buying the new one. Still it kinda makes garages pointless, why spend thousands of dollars on a 10 car garage when there are apartments for less with the same amount of cars in its garage.

We also found out that once every game day you can steal a car and sell it to the chop shops, maxing out at about 9k for the best cars you can sell. A game day is about 48 minutes so not a bad way to make some money while doing other things if you remember to do it in between.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#215  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Just strolling along, minding my own business, and this NPC tried picking a fight with me.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#216  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Rockstar is giving out 500K to players soonish, as a sorry for the problems at launch. It is going to be done in two sets of 250K.

Since I already have a house I wont be upgrading with that money instead I will use it for guns and gun upgrades. PEW PEW PEW.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#217  Postby Sovereign » Oct 16, 2013 12:22 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:We also found out that once every game day you can steal a car and sell it to the chop shops, maxing out at about 9k for the best cars you can sell. A game day is about 48 minutes so not a bad way to make some money while doing other things if you remember to do it in between.

The Oceolot(Jaguar) sell for 9.5K. That's the highest selling one I've found. Anything higher end I've stolen has a tracker on it and can't be sold.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#218  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Sovereign wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:We also found out that once every game day you can steal a car and sell it to the chop shops, maxing out at about 9k for the best cars you can sell. A game day is about 48 minutes so not a bad way to make some money while doing other things if you remember to do it in between.

The Oceolot(Jaguar) sell for 9.5K. That's the highest selling one I've found. Anything higher end I've stolen has a tracker on it and can't be sold.

There is a common SUV called the Baller and that one is 8.8K not a bad bit of cash to get every now and then while you play.

I actually think I will be upgrading my house with the Stimulus Package, there is a 10 car garage I want to get right near the highway and a building area that is 230K leaving me with plenty of money for guns and the like.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#219  Postby Sovereign » Oct 16, 2013 12:32 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
Sovereign wrote:

There is a common SUV called the Baller and that one is 8.8K not a bad bit of cash to get every now and then while you play.

I actually think I will be upgrading my house with the Stimulus Package, there is a 10 car garage I want to get right near the highway and a building area that is 230K leaving me with plenty of money for guns and the like.

That's pretty nice. I have an apt already. Waiting to use the stimulus package to buy the Bugatti style car for $1 mil. They fixed the cash farming bugs kinda of quickly so no more money flowing in like it used to. My brother set up his phone to go off once a GTA V day. He's mastered the money and leveling farming pretty well.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#220  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 16, 2013 12:43 pm

I actually found another longish way of making money, NPCs can throw bounties on you if you steal their cars. Sitting on a Closed Crew or Invite Only server until the 48 minute day is up nets you however much they set on you. I don't know if going into jobs and the like resets that timer but as long as you spawn back onto those empty locked servers you aren't going to get capped and you will wait the time out in safety.

Not the best method for getting the money, but an interesting one.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games