Grand Theft Auto V

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

#221  Postby dalv8409 » Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I am loving GTA V so far, played through it a few times now doing the different approaches for the heist missions and now doing the side missions and challenges. I'm not going to comment on GTA Online cause online games aren't really my thing, the only thing I hope is that Rockstar doesn't get an online fetish and only concentrate doing online stuff otherwise they may lose at least half of the fanbase.
Disagree with an opinion just say so but don't be a dick about it.
dalv8409

Male

Wales (we)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#222  Postby Sovereign » Oct 21, 2013 1:41 pm

For those who want loads of money in the single player
http://gtaforums.com/topic/603606-make- ... -spoilers/
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#223  Postby dalv8409 » Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Has anyone else noticed the Richard Dawkins parody on the internet in GTA V?
Disagree with an opinion just say so but don't be a dick about it.
dalv8409

Male

Wales (we)
Print view this post

#224  Postby Thommo » Oct 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Sovereign wrote:For those who want loads of money in the single player

It's mostly correct, certainly good enough to get $2bn per character, which is more than you can ever use. I'm not sure what the upper limit is exactly, but I know you can clear $5bn per char if you include a few things he missed in that OP, such as investing in Facade after you sell Fruit after the 3rd assassination, oddly you need to save the game and load it after doing this to get the max return on this one and not using the cheapest gunmen during the 1st and 2nd paying heists.
Thommo

Print view this post

#225  Postby Sovereign » Oct 22, 2013 12:51 am

Thommo wrote:

It's mostly correct, certainly good enough to get $2bn per character, which is more than you can ever use. I'm not sure what the upper limit is exactly, but I know you can clear $5bn per char if you include a few things he missed in that OP, such as investing in Facade after you sell Fruit after the 3rd assassination, oddly you need to save the game and load it after doing this to get the max return on this one and not using the cheapest gunmen during the 1st and 2nd paying heists.

You can recover the money they drop. I haven't done the bank heist yet but one person said to go with the gunman who was cheap and level him up.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#226  Postby Thommo » Oct 22, 2013 1:23 am

Sovereign wrote:
Thommo wrote:

You can recover the money they drop. I haven't done the bank heist yet but one person said to go with the gunman who was cheap and level him up.

There are two problems with this, one is the gunman dies, if you use Daryl on the second paying heist you can't choose him on the last heist, and have to use someone who takes 1-2% more of the 200million, which blows away the earlier savings, even when they are invested into every stock opportunity that multiplies them up. The other is that on the first heist the substandard gunman not only drops his bag when he dies, but he also drops about $300,000 worth of jewelry in the store and that cannot be recovered. I believe that the effect is similar in the second paying heist, and that the 5% higher cut the better gunman takes is mitigated by dropping less of the loot in the escape, although I can't guarantee this having not personally tested it.

It is possible that using a gunman who takes a 7% cut (Norm will be your only choice I think, the other guy whose name I forget and who takes 7% shows up later I think) maximises your money, so long as you can do that mission without dropping more cash even with the additional enemies and having to recover the dropped bag, as long as you don't get Daryl killed and the other 7% gunman still shows up for the final heist, but having not tested this I can't be certain. You also have to bear in mind that you pay a "death fee" for his cut which is actually more than 7%, I've read 10%, but again haven't tested it - this would make the improvement over Chef/Packie at most 2% of ~$2million, so around $40,000. Regardless of this distinction the choice is between the 2nd and 3rd cheapest gunmen for this heist, since if you actually pick the cheapest available he won't be available for the final heist which costs way more money even allowing for the multiplier of the first assassination and investing in the other couple of scripted stock increases (I've only checked once, but for example there seems to be a 10% ish increase in Gruppe Sechs stocks during the mission "Fresh Meat", though you have to invest before you lose control of Michael during the mission "Bury the Hatchet", for example) that must be done between these events to maximise earnings.

Oh and leveling up gunmen has zero effect on any mission currently in game, not that you actually can level them up in the first or second heists since they die. The only character who really matters if you level them is choosing Karim twice then picking him as the first driver on the final heist he should no longer crash the helicopter, though Taliana can always be chosen as the first driver anyway even if you haven't leveled Karim, making this moot, since you should be using her for the last two heists anyway, since she's cheaper as well as better.
Thommo

Print view this post

#227  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 26, 2013 9:05 am

Been playing some online with Matt8819, spent today driving around and gunning some people down (they were killing each other over and over so we thought we could join in) and then decided to see about getting some jets or helis from the military base. First attempt of getting in had our car blow up when it landed.

Oh we also ran some survival missions, at the moment knowing the good hiding spot in Boneyard it is rather easy to beat the 10 waves and get 20 grand and tons of xp.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games