Grand Theft Auto V

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Grand Theft Auto V

#1  Postby mraltair » Aug 23, 2012 10:54 am

Anyone else as excited as me?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs[/youtube]

All the hype and leaked pics are getting me giddy.

List of apparently everything you need to know. Yes you.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1551070/gta_5_gameplay_vehicles_secrets_everything_you_need_to_know.html

Could be out November 23rd (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1551209/gta_5_zavvi_claims_november_release_date_confirmed_by_supplier_report.html) but I'd be surprised if it was released this year. If it is they have done an amazing job at keeping it under wraps. I guess Rockstar don't need to market GTA anymore.

:popcorn:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

#2  Postby Jehannum » Aug 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes! Still regularly play GTA IV multiplayer.
Extraordinary claims require ordinary evidence.
Jehannum

Name: Peter
Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby mraltair » Aug 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Just us two then :lol:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Nostalgia » Aug 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I am too!

There was a rumour going about that this would be a 3rd gen console game (GTA IV broke my last pc so I think I'd be playing this one with a Xbox) but I think that was nonsense.

I am a little disappointed that this will be set in a city we've already been in, like the last one. Why not Chicago, or New Orleans, or even a non-US city? After the last Max Payne game I came to the conclusion a South American metropolis would fit in snugly within the GTA series.

Or seeing as Rockstar started in Dundee maybe they should do one set there... :naughty2:

But I'm sure whatever misgivings I have will be gone after 5 minutes of gameplay.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Rasputin » Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

I can't wait for this game to come out. Rockstar almost always manages to impress so GTAV should be no different!
Rasputin

Print view this post

#6  Postby mraltair » Aug 23, 2012 8:56 pm

I never liked the GTA3 version of Liberty City but loved GTA4 Liberty City. From the looks of the screen shots and reviews they have done the same transition to a more accurate recreation of LA as they did with NY. :smile:

Unfortunately that will likely mean no Grove Street :(

I hope they bring back a bit more of the humour that was in San Andreas as opposed to the quite grim Niko storyline.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Rasputin » Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

There better be a Grove Street! It'd be the perfect homage to GTA:SA which most people would say is the best GTA yet.
Rasputin

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Nostalgia » Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I hope there's a homage to Scotland hidden somewhere. I loved the Forth Bridges in San Andreas. I'm also glad that there's cycling in this one. I loved jumping over cop car bonnets on my BMX in GTA:SA.

My favourite so far by a large way was number 4, although I did miss some of the personalisations from SA. I hope there's a larger outfit selection in this one, and the ability to bulk up by going to the gym or get fat by eating too much fast food.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Nostalgia » Aug 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Also, Rockstar better include the ragdoll physics they employed in Red Dead Redemption.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#10  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 24, 2012 2:06 am

mraltair wrote:
I hope they bring back a bit more of the humour that was in San Andreas as opposed to the quite grim Niko storyline.

Yeah, 4 was a bit too straight for me, trying way too hard to be serious. I ended up switching to Saints Row.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby mraltair » Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm

4 New screenshots released today. Looking really nice.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 25, 2012 1:44 am

The game does look visually stunning, I am really looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind if they kept the more serious tone the GTA 4 had...but with maybe a bit more from humours side characters, or just a more snarky lead.

From what I understand if you have a Crew in Max Payne 3s multi-player it will be transferred over to GTA 5 as a gang. I like it when game makers add little things like that between games, people who don't want to buy both aren't punished they still get a full game and people who do buy both get a nice bonus out of it.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Death Zebra » Aug 26, 2012 10:51 am

I hope they bring back the flamethrower, rampages, and R3 missions (taxis, ambulance, and vigilante). GTA4 without dlc was really short on the fun factor.
He must be at least KIND of an arsehole. Why would Superman bite him if he wasn't?
Death Zebra

Print view this post

#14  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 26, 2012 11:23 am

Death Zebra wrote:I hope they bring back the flamethrower, rampages, and R3 missions (taxis, ambulance, and vigilante). GTA4 without dlc was really short on the fun factor.

GTA4 had Taxi missions and Vigilante ones as well, calling Roman and asking for work would set up the taxi ones and getting a cop car and using the computer you had two sets of vigilante stuff to deal with if I remember right. I tend to find my own fun in the GTA games anyway, the open world gives me all the tools I need to wreck house and have fun.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby SPMaximus » Aug 29, 2012 2:12 am

hope it doesnt suck, i couldnt even be bothered to finish GTA 4 :coffee:

more like San Andreas less like IV pwuese
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Death Zebra » Aug 29, 2012 8:30 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:GTA4 had Taxi missions and Vigilante ones as well, calling Roman and asking for work would set up the taxi ones and getting a cop car and using the computer you had two sets of vigilante stuff to deal with if I remember right.

But they were both limited, once they were done, they were done; You couldn't do them again without restarting the game. Then again, the only reason I noticed their (sort of) absence is because I was looking for a way to make money in the post-game.

SPMaximus wrote:more like San Andreas less like IV pwuese

:this: only with better spelling :lol:
He must be at least KIND of an arsehole. Why would Superman bite him if he wasn't?
Death Zebra

Print view this post

#17  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 30, 2012 7:00 am

Having replayed SA just recently you could never get me to want a new game to be like that again. The combat was clunky as hell and the missions often needed luck to be completed...I am looking at you Big Smoke "All you had to do was drive the bike CJ" mission. I would rather GTA 4s tighter missions and a more open world like SA had, because SA does have the best open world to muck around in out of the GTA games. To me 4 was more like 3, the start of the new series, laying the strong foundation that later games will build off of.

I hope they bring in some of the features from RDRs online as well, letting you drop into the same map as a lobby filled with stuff to do. I think I got more hours out of the online on RDR then the SP and I played the SP twice over.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#18  Postby mraltair » Aug 30, 2012 7:17 am

I agree, the gameplay and controls were a lot better in IV than previous games. They need to add the humour of SA remove the internet.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Wiðercora » Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

The sheer vastness of GTA:SA was my favourite part of the game.

And parachuting out of that fucking huge passenger jet onto an objective, avoiding a fuck load of fighting. That too.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Death Zebra » Sep 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Fighting gang wars on a fucking jetpack. Also, Mt Chilliad; so many hilarious ways to die.
Death Zebra

Print view this post

Next

Return to Video Games