Hitman

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Hitman

#1  Postby Rome Existed » Nov 21, 2012 11:53 am

So who is playing?

I must say, I love that when you can't sneak in, or can't be bothered, you can always resort to knifing cops in the head and stealing their clothes.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Hitman

#2  Postby Wuffy » Nov 28, 2012 6:42 am

I've always loved the ability to just give in and take the violent route. It's a stealth game that allows you really to play straight forward with no real punishment.

That and there's a bunch of things to do, that it encourages you to do. That are actually against the whole stealth angle.

I don't yet have my hands on it but watching people play and getting a bit of a play myself... I want to get it but I can't afford it yet. Ugh.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3  Postby babel » Nov 28, 2012 7:20 am

I love it on PC and loathe it with all my heart on PS. Accuracy is crucial and I can't quite nail it properly with those controls.
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 28, 2012 7:38 am

I haven't had any issues with aiming on my 360, without even abusing the auto lock on feature. But not everyone has it easy like me though. :p

As for the game itself I am really liking it, it feels like a Hitman game. The extra challenges really keep me coming back to the same levels over and over and the multiplayer idea is really good. Not everyone is going to like it but I would think Hitman fans would, unless they have a stick wedged too far up their backside and come in to the game hating it just because it is new and isn't Hitman 1 again.

I have a love affair with using the random weapons, throwing a knife into a guards head then smashing another over the head with a cup just so fun.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Jehannum » Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Just finished it. Could not do the Blackwater Park level as stealthily as I wanted. That place was very well guarded. Had to kill quite a few cops.
Extraordinary claims require ordinary evidence.
Jehannum

Name: Peter
Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Wuffy » Dec 06, 2012 4:41 am

So I am Reaaaaally disappointed with this game.

Only 2 levels were good in my view, King of Chinatown, and Hope.

Personal contract was a good tutorial level taught you what you needed to know but yeah it's got some serious plot problems (Shoot her then suddenly change your mind? There are other ways. to present that without looking so dumb, Travis suddenly jumping to the conclusion something has gone wrong because 47 isn't immediately answering on the coms [My biggest problem with that whole level actually is that])

I HATED how many levels were about running away and evading the police. Seriously, how much more do I need to do this?
Also related is the whole. "Oh you succeeded at the Mission? great now let us give you a cut scene where you fail. Because the plot demands it."

Had they managed to tie in how gun crazy your character was in previous levels into how much the police was on your ass, I would have enjoyed that better. Kinda like notoriety in previous games...

*Sigh* I was really looking forward to this game. And the Sniper challenge was a gigantic tease, because (As far as I can see) Only 1 level has a potential to be finished through sniper fire... Such a shame.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Wuffy » Dec 06, 2012 5:09 am

Also. What the fuck was with the Terminus Escape... How Many Fucking cops are after you?

If you do the whole thing right (If you are a gun happy maniac shit makes more sense...) Sneak your way in, super silent assassin all the way, no killing anyone. You try and garotte the huge Mexican and fail.. And get stitched up for the murder of a maid. Just a single maid... And who the hell even knew about it early enough to call the cops considering how Dexter set the damn place on fire...

But no, the building is burning down. And people are rushing to arrest you over the murder of a maid, so much so that while the windows are exploding with fire they turn a spotlight on your ass and tell you to stop. Screaming about how you are trying to escape while the building is collapsing around you, Literally the heavy sign breaks off and tumbles down onto the street below.

And then you get off the roof into the Library next door... Still killing no one (I didn't, I butchered my way through these levels because of frustration actually but nevermind) You get out of the library and get into the hippy building, from that Hippy building you get to the train station. Once you escape from that station you try and make your way back to china town... and THEN you get a chance to try and kill 3 more guys but again you have to dodge the cops which are looking for you.

Major Disappointment...
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Dec 06, 2012 6:31 am

You do realise those cops didn't know you killed the maid when they told you to stop? They were trying to stop you climbing on the side of the building. And they guy who killed the maid called the cops on you he no doubt told them who you are or at least that you are a mass murderer. The hippy place was being raided by the cops as a side issue as far as I knew, they were perhaps went there for you first but after that they are more focused on busting all the people with all the drugs.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Wuffy » Dec 06, 2012 8:04 am

Except when you first wake up you are pushing a cupboard up against the door to stop them from getting in. While they are asking about the girl. And then again over loudspeaker telling you to stop and to go after you and arrest you while dodging the crumbling building.. It just feels like a bad hollywood script (Forced antagonism) as opposed to real reaction.

Could have been handled better. Like say you had to try and escape while the cops are called, and then Dexter realises you haven't been arrested he then sets fire to the building, THEN the cops start chasing you to find out what the fuck you are doing not letting them save you...

It really feels like there's chunks missing.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#10  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Dec 06, 2012 8:13 am

Made perfect sense to me, the bad guy had called the cops, set the room on fire hoping you wouldn't wake up in time to stop yourself being arrested or burned to death. Instead you do wake up in time and climb out of a burning building, the outside cops want you to stop because you are on the outside of a burning building, they kind of think that is dangerous and suspicious. You get to the top and run into some more cops on the roof, perhaps up there to get you or just to see if there is anyone hiding up there from the burning building. Sure the cops seem to be over reacting, but that can be explained away by the fact that the people in control of them have an idea of who you are and are out to make sure you don't escape.

Same for the part about killing Diana, he shot her liked is programmed to do but seeing his friend laying there dying was finally too much for him to take and he wanted to help her survive. He isn't a normal person he is a clone with a fucked up head killing doesn't bother him but he has finally, as she said, ran into his limit. The games story and plot makes good sense to me, it isn't perfect but it is good. It still has to be a game, there need to be lots of cops so there is a challenge it might not be fully realistic but that is okay for a game.

Of course not everyone is going to agree, not everyone is going to like the game that is life.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Wuffy » Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Yeah I understand it has to be a game. I just wanted it to be more of a Hitman game... There's literally 3 levels one after an other (Not even counting their sub segments) About you evading the police after the burning hotel. There's 2 levels just to get into Dexter industries.

I wasn't sure why the fuck I had to work my way through 2 of the Sub basements and their special RD segments much less what was pivotal about the doctors I killed along the way. (Where the shit is Victoria anyway, I have no idea how 47 goes from one segment to the next in finding her?)

What I was trying to say Is that I miss the open levels that you did not have to be stealthy all the time, and just went around learning the patterns of guards the routine behavior going on and finding your preferred method of offing your target.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games