Kerbal Space Program

Indie games seem to be winning

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Kerbal Space Program

#21  Postby Nostalgia » Dec 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Nice design. Looks very science-fictiony.

Jebidiah is still on the Mun. So far I've lost four Kerbals in two attempts to retrieve him. Made stupid mistakes. KSP is not a game that can be rushed.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Nostalgia » Dec 26, 2013 5:38 pm

MacIver wrote:Jebidiah is still on the Mun. So far I've lost four Kerbals in two attempts to retrieve him. Made stupid mistakes. KSP is not a game that can be rushed.

Finally got Jebidiah home safe and sound.

My target was to land within 10 clicks.

Now it's time to go home.

Just loading up the game now. I need to do a little redesign then I'll be sending the Rhino 2 to Duna! :thumbup:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Shagz » Jan 03, 2014 7:04 am

Shagz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Nostalgia » Apr 02, 2014 2:30 pm

I hadn't played KSP for a long time. Recently I've been feeling the urge to play again so I reinstalled the game to get rid of all the mods I had then installed the Interstellar plugin. I also cheated and got AIES Aerospace (and mechjeb and the docking cam).

So far, as per usual in this game when redefining designs, its mostly been explosions.

Although I have had a little success.

Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 09, 2014 2:38 pm

This is a game I buy for all my friends' children.

It is wonderfully educational!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Apr 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Hey look who is back.

And yes it is a game that I hope to get my son into when he is a bit older...then he might teach me what I am doing wrong.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Munchies » Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Brilliant game. Have started over on career mode but annoyingly MechJeb seems to struggle at getting my sexy ship into orbit.

Yes it's cheating a bit but until I've got the stock parts to build a science lab ship I really can't be bothered manually flying to Minmus's numerous times to get the science points.
Munchies

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Nostalgia » May 30, 2014 2:19 am

Just installed KSP and loaded up all my usual mods onto my brand spanking new pc. Added a few graphics mods that I didn't risk on my laptop. Have to say the clouds and cities mod really adds to the experience. Also I can't believe I never came across Chatter before. Actual NASA radio conversations remixed to sound like Kerbals and interspersed randomly in the game? Yes please!

Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Nostalgia » Jan 31, 2015 8:41 pm

So, another install for the 0.90 beta update. One more then we're on 1.00.

The Astronomer Visual Park makes the game beautiful.
Attachments
screenshot9.png
screenshot9.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 9890 times
screenshot7.png
screenshot7.png (521.88 KiB) Viewed 9890 times
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (825.72 KiB) Viewed 9890 times
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games