Leviathan Warships

There's nothing better than a boat full of seamen.

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Leviathan Warships

#1  Postby thirsting » Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

This awesome little game needs more people playing it. Can be found from Steam.

The multiplayer matches are addictive and fun. My favourite tactic is fitting heavily armored Atlas with close range beams and Kausers and just ramming everything.

The Jazz trailer. The same guy narrates multiplayer games too (as an option).
Last edited by thirsting on Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Leviathan Warships

#2  Postby trubble76 » Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am

I nearly went for this the other day. Can you describe the gameplay for me?
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby thirsting » Jun 07, 2013 11:30 am

The game is semi turn based, meaning everyone first give orders for the ships to move and shoot and use utility items like smoke granades or decoys. When everyone has made their moves or timer runs out, the round plays out as a 12 second movie, during which no further commands can be given, you just get to watch what happens. The time between rounds can be anything from 30 seconds to a week, so you can play it either in one sitting or in the course of days or even months.

There are few different game modes, but I've only played the simple Versus mode, where you just have to destroy enemy fleets before they do the same to you. It really is quite simple, but that is a strength in this case, in my opinion.
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#4  Postby trubble76 » Jun 07, 2013 11:40 am

thirsting wrote:The game is semi turn based, meaning everyone first give orders for the ships to move and shoot and use utility items like smoke granades or decoys. When everyone has made their moves or timer runs out, the round plays out as a 12 second movie, during which no further commands can be given, you just get to watch what happens. The time between rounds can be anything from 30 seconds to a week, so you can play it either in one sitting or in the course of days or even months.

There are few different game modes, but I've only played the simple Versus mode, where you just have to destroy enemy fleets before they do the same to you. It really is quite simple, but that is a strength in this case, in my opinion.

Sounds good, next time I'm in the mood for game shopping, I'll have another look. :)
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games