Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

#1  Postby Rome Existed » Oct 01, 2014 4:51 am

Quite a good game. Controls are simple as fuck. Watching the vids to the game you'd think it would be a button smasher but (on PC) you just mostly use the LMB and RMB and click a keyboard key to basically do everything. It's just timing things right so Orcs don't smash your fucking skull in.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

#2  Postby purplerat » Oct 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Got on the PS4 and have only been able to play about 10 mins but it looks really good. The controls are very simply yet feel very satisfying.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Ironclad » Oct 08, 2014 7:47 am

I read that this game is also on the PS3 but as a 'reduced' version, I wonder how different this is. Looks great.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#4  Postby The Plc » Oct 08, 2014 1:30 pm

It's a shame Tolkien wasn't alive to play this :( He would have revelled in it all.
The Plc

Print view this post

#5  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I have been thinking about grabbing this, keep hearing it is a far better version of say Assassins Creed. But then I keep hearing that it is really short and that is really just a boss rush of sorts. So far that leaves me 50/50, if it is short I am not paying the 90 to 100 dollars it is going for on console and I don't know if I really want to get it for PC or even if it is cheap enough PC to warrant it.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#6  Postby DoctorE » Oct 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Waiting for sale on this one...
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Oct 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Ironclad wrote:I read that this game is also on the PS3 but as a 'reduced' version, I wonder how different this is. Looks great.

I think the nemesis system, the very system that defines it and distinguishes it from Assassin's Creed/Arkham, is missing. Meaning you're left with Assassin's Creed/Arkham in Middle Earth.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Animavore » Oct 08, 2014 1:41 pm

DoctorE wrote:Waiting for sale on this one...

Waiting to get it free on PS Plus. I would rent it but there's no where doing PS4 games yet. I'm not buying a short single-player game with little replay value.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Thommo » Oct 11, 2014 6:44 am

Quoting my opinion from the video games you're playing thread FWIW:-
Thommo wrote:I've enjoyed it a lot, a really solid action game that gripped me vastly more than the last AC game I played a few years back or the last batman game I played, it being incredibly similar to the earlier better installments in those series.

I have felt exceedingly misled on one count though, which is that all three of the reviews I read before buying the game complained it was too hard, which is just an utter lie, the game is (as so many are) too easy, or perhaps rather than "too" easy it's charmingly easy. Not quite fable 2 or 3 easy, in that I did die once as opposed to literally zero times (I'm blaming this on an injured left hand though, currently it's not strong enough to squeeze toothpaste out of the tube), but still Talion is so superior to the orcs it's not even funny, well ok, it is a bit funny.

Also it's a bit on the short side, about 20-22 hours for a 100% complete save file. Good rental game I'd say, you could clear the game easily in a gaming heavy weekend. Would recommend though, very much enjoyed those 20 hours.

Have played about another 10hours post game trying the challenge modes and murdering orcsies for lulz.
Thommo

Print view this post

#10  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 11, 2014 7:58 am

The Plc wrote:It's a shame Tolkien wasn't alive to play this :( He would have revelled in it all.

How do you figure?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Ironclad » Oct 11, 2014 12:43 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
The Plc wrote:It's a shame Tolkien wasn't alive to play this :( He would have revelled in it all.

How do you figure?

Tongue-in-cheek, i'm assuming. Tolkien would be ripping his hair out.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games