Path Of Exile

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Path Of Exile

#1  Postby LIFE » May 02, 2012 1:57 pm

So, anyone playing it?

It's a Diablo clone on crack that took 5 years to develop. Basically hack&slash but with a much more complex character customization. E.g. this is the passive skill tree:

It's free to play but people have to 'win' a beta key in order to play since it's still closed beta until late summer the beta is made public. Alternatively, for immediate access you can support the game by buying a key, for $10 (this includes points to spend in the game for further customization).

I have to say, this looks like it can easily compete with Diablo 3, has beautiful graphics, a smooth gameplay, a rich atmosphere and is much, much grittier and darker than Diablo!

If you should sign up feel free to add me, my username there is: Gargrawarr

:cheers:
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
LIFE
Site Admin

Name: Bernhard
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Path Of Exile

#2  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » May 03, 2012 8:15 am

I forgot about this, thanks for reminding me. It looks awesome, hard to believe the developers are from New Zealand.
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Wuffy » Jun 15, 2012 4:11 am

I'm going to wait on this. It looks cool but I'm already on DIII and honestly I am happier with the Skill/rune system I can switch around as opposed to locking myself into a character build that I will most certainly get completely wrong.

Let me know how the games is though. I may get into it once it's 'live' I'm not up for BETA's right now.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Jun 15, 2012 7:45 am

I've been playing it for a while now and love it. So much so that I paid significantly more than the minimum required to get access.

You should definitely check it out once it hits Open Beta (currently mid-August), which will pretty much be the release.

Wuffy wrote:It looks cool but I'm already on DIII and honestly I am happier with the Skill/rune system I can switch around as opposed to locking myself into a character build that I will most certainly get completely wrong.

Active skills are used in a materia-like way and can be inserted and removed from weapons and armor at will. It's the passive skills (+10 strength, +8% more life etc) that you are locked into, but you do get several respec points along the way. I think it would be pretty hard to get it completely wrong.
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#5  Postby mrjonno » Jun 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Hmm not sure how they are going fund this , paying for superficial additions isnt going to work.
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Jun 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Why not?
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby mrjonno » Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm

xtraordinaryevidence wrote:Why not?

Because your average human being especially male is a dishonest freeloader who will only pay for something if he can can't steal it and will actually get one over on another average human again normally male.

One of the reasons I'm fully supportive of any company that uses any DRM to protect themselves their property from the public
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Nostalgia » Jun 17, 2012 1:27 am

Why the focusing on males? Do females not download stuff illegally? :ask:

I don't mind DRM if it doesn't fuck up my enjoyment of a game or my ability to play it despite paying for it, which it quite often does.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#9  Postby mrjonno » Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am

The number of women who play games like Diablo or WOW are generally pretty small, its not unreasonable to say a typical player is male
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games