Portforwarding hell

Can't for the life of me, configue my router to forward ports

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Portforwarding hell

#1  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 16, 2014 9:59 am

So I've been trying for the past 2 hours to try and make my Cisco/Linksys router to forward ports for Crusader Kings 2, but nothing works.
I've tried a static IP, using DMZ, turning off firewalls, the works.
It just won't work.

I think I'm going to try Tunggle, since Hamachi kept screwing up my internet connnection.
Anyone else encounter similar problems with portforwarding?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Portforwarding hell

#2  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Mar 16, 2014 10:03 am

I had a fucking time and a half getting my Xbox One port forwarded. It was originally NAT Restricted (It is now NAT Open) and that just wouldn't do so I took some time to try and do it. It wasn't to hard setting it up as a static IP but getting the actual ports forwarded took time, in the end I noticed on my Modems interface there was an option for TCP/UCP together and a couple of the ports I needed to forward where both so I used that instead of forwarding them separately and it finally worked.

I have heard that you have to or should turn off UPnP or whatever it is called because that will try and forward ports and will conflict with your own forwarding. I didn't for my Xbox one and it still worked so I don't know how true this is.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games