Sim City 4

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Sim City 4

#1  Postby Nostalgia » Feb 07, 2013 9:03 am

So, I've got back into this game recently. One of my all time favourites.

I discovered this website which has thousands of user made mods and extras that add a hell of a lot to the game, from texture improvements and loads of extra buildings up to whole game mods that allow you to build colonies on Mars.

:smoke:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Re: Sim City 4

#3  Postby Sgt Kelly » Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

Only available on Origin
Going to cost 80$
Requires you to be online to play
Will only let you build tiny cities that look like the set from Southpark
You need to join multiplayer games to get ‘the full experience’ (the last company that tried to foist MP and microtransactions on city builders with Cities XL went bust)
Sgt Kelly

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm

MacIver wrote:So, I've got back into this game recently. One of my all time favourites.

I discovered this website which has thousands of user made mods and extras that add a hell of a lot to the game, from texture improvements and loads of extra buildings up to whole game mods that allow you to build colonies on Mars.

:smoke:

It's been a long time since I played any SimCity games.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Sgt Kelly wrote:Only available on Origin
Going to cost 80$
Requires you to be online to play
Will only let you build tiny cities that look like the set from Southpark
You need to join multiplayer games to get ‘the full experience’ (the last company that tried to foist MP and microtransactions on city builders with Cities XL went bust)

:whine:

Why is everyone doing this? Even the Dragon Quest series is going to start focusing on multiplayer at the expense of the actual game. Wish I could get Sim City 4 working on my computer so I wouldn't have to worry about this shit :nono:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Wiðercora » Feb 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Man, I love SC4. I have it on Steam.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I just looked and it's $20 for the deluxe on Steam - worth it?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#8  Postby mattthomas » Feb 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Following this thread, I reinstalled Sim City 4 and it reminded me how goddamn awful I am at it... I never last more than 100 years before I'm booted out of office.
mattthomas

Print view this post

#9  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Spearthrower wrote:I just looked and it's $20 for the deluxe on Steam - worth it?

Easily. I'm thinking about claiming my wife's PC so I can do the same thing :naughty2:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Wiðercora » Feb 13, 2013 6:06 pm

I would.

It's difficult at first - just remember not to coddle the peasants with such things as 'hospitals' and 'clean water' and you'll stay in the green. In the black? Red? Out of the red?
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games