Simcity

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Simcity

#61  Postby quill » Mar 18, 2013 9:34 pm

It's an addictive game, but I find it to be a lot more limited in scope and depth than previous SimCities. Mass transit in particular feels rather restricted. You're allowed only one connection per city with the regional highway, and can't build subways (I think that's a SimCity first since the 1990s). Consequently, your streets, especially close to the highway connection, get congested really easily and when that happens, everything shuts down. My boyfriend and I have had traffic jams stretching all the way from one city to another. Eventually, not even your freight shipments can get to the global market and the city starts losing money.

The cities themselves are also a lot smaller, and you don't have quite as much depth of information regarding your population as in SimCity 4, where (for example) you could examine any building and see who lives there, where they go to work, etc. The population data that does exist seems to be bugged, sometimes giving you data that seems unreliable.
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite." ~John Kenneth Galbraith
quill

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

quill wrote:It's an addictive game, but I find it to be a lot more limited in scope and depth than previous SimCities. Mass transit in particular feels rather restricted. You're allowed only one connection per city with the regional highway, and can't build subways (I think that's a SimCity first since the 1990s). Consequently, your streets, especially close to the highway connection, get congested really easily and when that happens, everything shuts down. My boyfriend and I have had traffic jams stretching all the way from one city to another. Eventually, not even your freight shipments can get to the global market and the city starts losing money.

The cities themselves are also a lot smaller, and you don't have quite as much depth of information regarding your population as in SimCity 4, where (for example) you could examine any building and see who lives there, where they go to work, etc. The population data that does exist seems to be bugged, sometimes giving you data that seems unreliable.

Sounds like a step backwards. :whistle:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Matt8819 » Apr 07, 2013 7:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPOiOr94L8[/youtube]
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)