Skyrim released

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Skyrim released

#461  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Jumbo wrote:
When I get bored of this I'll start again in hardcore playing as an evil female who is an ally to the Legion. I like the idea of having to drink water or get dehydrated. Although if they were to include this I'm not sure why they didn't include a need to eat too.

If its still New Veges you are talking about then hardcore mode requires you to eat drink and sleep. Failing to do those things degrades various attributes and will eventually kill your character.

Dehydration occurs far quicker than starving though and death through sleep deprivation takes absolutely ages.

Just spotted a mod for this on Skyrim too! :)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#462  Postby Nostalgia » Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Jumbo wrote:
When I get bored of this I'll start again in hardcore playing as an evil female who is an ally to the Legion. I like the idea of having to drink water or get dehydrated. Although if they were to include this I'm not sure why they didn't include a need to eat too.

If its still New Veges you are talking about then hardcore mode requires you to eat drink and sleep. Failing to do those things degrades various attributes and will eventually kill your character.

Dehydration occurs far quicker than starving though and death through sleep deprivation takes absolutely ages.

Yup, you're right. I started a new game on hardcore today. Played about three and a half hours.

I really like it so far. I'm having to pick and choose which guns I use, mainly the ones with the most transferable ammo. I've gone to bed three times now, and I think to myself when I wake up: Oh, I better have breakfast and some water!

I'm really liking it so far. One little thing annoys me. I had a beer thinking it would help my hydration, but it added to my dehydration! Beer is mostly made of water, any dehydration effect from the alcohol would be more than counterbalanced by the hydration effect from the H2O. :doh:

But that's just me being finickity.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#463  Postby Jumbo » Mar 01, 2012 2:04 am

I'm really liking it so far. One little thing annoys me. I had a beer thinking it would help my hydration, but it added to my dehydration! Beer is mostly made of water, any dehydration effect from the alcohol would be more than counterbalanced by the hydration effect from the H2O.

It depends upon the alcohol content. IIRC Beer that is above about 3% ABV is a diuretic and actually dehydrates you. the game doesn't simulate that but you can get addicted to booze and suffer withdrawl too.

My only issue with alcohol in New Vegas is to paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow: "Where has all the Rum gone?". Its my personal drink of choice but in New Vegas without a mod there is only a single drink with it in and thats a cocktail.

Am i right in thinking that vanilla Skyrim has no such mod? If so it seems a strange step backwards from an RPG. Perhaps the mode is something Obsidian liked but Bethesda did not.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#464  Postby Wuffy » Mar 01, 2012 4:15 am

Every other drink except water dehydrates you in New Vegas.

I finished my hardcore play. Done and finished. It really makes you want to spend on Survival. My main problem is how much bric a brac you have to chase down to make survival actually work. And a lot of that shit is handy. Only way I would play a survival character is if I had a check list or something that let me know what I should keep an eye out for instead of having to make manual notes after reading up and down the crafting list at the bench...
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#465  Postby Jumbo » Mar 01, 2012 10:15 am

Yep. The only things other than water that rehydrate you are some of the cactii and a variety of fruits found in the wasteland.

I haven't got Skyrim yet but when i do i think i may mod it fairly heavily from the start. A survival mod i think is a must as i enjoy that aspect in New Vegas. Are there any other must have mods?

2. Think very hard.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#466  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

Jumbo wrote:Yep. The only things other than water that rehydrate you are some of the cactii and a variety of fruits found in the wasteland.

I haven't got Skyrim yet but when i do i think i may mod it fairly heavily from the start. A survival mod i think is a must as i enjoy that aspect in New Vegas. Are there any other must have mods?

I think the beefier mods are only going to start being worked on now as the editor's not been out that long.

There are a variety of overhaul mods for magic. I've seen some mods making the wilds and dungeons more densely populated. I guess it depends on what you want from the game.

I've definitely seen a nutrition mod - it makes all foods have a nutritional value, and you need to balance your nutrition to get small benefits to your stats - failure to do so damages your stats... not sure if you can actually die from it though.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#467  Postby FreshwaterSeaCowHero » Mar 02, 2012 4:19 pm

My current character is a Redguard sword user (mid teens level-wise)
I usually go around carrying a one hander and the upgraded starting healing spell in the other hand.
Combat is boring, slash slash slash, run back, heal, slash slash slash slash... and so on.
Bosses just annoy the fuck out of me. I hit them with a power attack and it takes off a pixel of their health, but then they hit me with a quick sword strike it takes off half of my health. Its an endurance battle, but not for my character but for my patience.
I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this! - Sterling Archer
FreshwaterSeaCowHero

Name: Cameron
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#468  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 03, 2012 6:08 am

I just tried a 1h/shield warrior build out last night - and wow, the game's actually difficult!! I am sure that by the end of the game, with the right equipment he'll be great - but I can imagine SeaCow's patience being tested!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#469  Postby mraltair » Mar 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Jumbo wrote:Yep. The only things other than water that rehydrate you are some of the cactii and a variety of fruits found in the wasteland.

I just stumbled across this, Jumbo. Might be what you're looking for?

Frostfall

The major gameplay changes presented in this mod are:

Hypothermia - You now have Exposure Points. Cold areas will chill you to the bone; fires, and staying in warmer climes will keep you warm (Riverwood, Falkreath).

Cold Water Survival - Water has different temperatures based on the location. Riverwood, Falkreath, and the Rift areas are nice and refreshing. The Reach and Whiterun areas have chilly water. The Pale and other snowy locations have frigid water that can kill in a matter of minutes.

Camping Equipment - To make surviving with the first two points much easier. Adds a craftable tent, bedroll, and campfire kits. Bedrolls let you sleep outdoors. Tents let you sleep outdoors in bad weather. Fire kits keep you warm, and dry you off, and permit fast travel. (Source)

Hardcore mode isn't my kind of style but this looks pretty good.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#470  Postby Jumbo » Mar 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Those look awesome. Now all i need is the game itself to mod!

2. Think very hard.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#471  Postby akigr8 » Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTiE8CfwZqs[/youtube]

In this version of Skyrim, Armor isn't necessary, Giants are beardless, and Lydia is Blonde. Oh yeah and real life graphics. Same glitches though =/
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

#472  Postby JoeB » Mar 07, 2012 8:17 pm

:rofl: !!!!
JoeB
RS Donator

Name: Johan
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#473  Postby mraltair » Mar 07, 2012 8:32 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSKwBqz_0AY[/youtube]
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#474  Postby Ironclad » Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm

LMAO that's not reverse, that's Dutch without subtitles.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#475  Postby mraltair » Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

You can have subtitles with the automatic caption thingy. Somehow it makes it even more gibberish :lol:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#476  Postby Ironclad » Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I saw the Headless Horseman last night! Quite scary it was. He appeared at 4am on a bridge from Falkreath to Markath, anyone else seen him?

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#477  Postby JoeB » Mar 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah I found m too one time, couldn't kill the bastard :(
JoeB
RS Donator

Name: Johan
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#478  Postby Ironclad » Mar 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Apparently he can lead you to a cemetery and a prize of sorts. I have yet to follow him far enough though.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#479  Postby Ironclad » Mar 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh, and some say he communicates a little, if you are ethereal.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#480  Postby mraltair » Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Ironclad wrote:I saw the Headless Horseman last night! Quite scary it was. He appeared at 4am on a bridge from Falkreath to Markath, anyone else seen him?

Yeah, I've met him. Bit of a douche tbh. I followed him across the Whiterun plains to a cemetery of 4 skeletons that he didn't help to kill. The only loot was a bit of gold in a chest.

If I see him again I'll cut his balls off as well.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games