RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Skyrim released

#482  Postby mraltair » Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Ironclad wrote: :ask: You, are a mean old man.

Welllll.

He won't do it again. :thumbup:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#483  Postby Wuffy » Mar 14, 2012 10:10 am

I started the game again a while back (Poor skill/perk choices) and first thing I run into when coming down the path towards Whiterun, after the dead Giant on the road... I see the headless horseman.. At level 3(?).
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#484  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Mar 14, 2012 10:13 am

I saw him quite early too. Didn't both following him though. Tried killing him a few times then gave up.
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#485  Postby mrjonno » Mar 24, 2012 11:03 am

Smithing patch 1.5 gets rid of the stupidly easy to level ability, your increase is now based on the value of what you create so no more boring daggers
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#486  Postby Ironclad » Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

:grin:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWl-IHKsKdE[/youtube]
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#487  Postby Ironclad » Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Excellent fun & great ending.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#488  Postby mraltair » Mar 24, 2012 6:32 pm

:o
Just going to go load up Skyrim.

See you all in 3 hours time.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#489  Postby Ironclad » Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm

You'll never be bored again hahaha

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#490  Postby Wuffy » Mar 26, 2012 2:47 am

I haven't been back to Skyrim in quite a while. Still haven't finished the plot, highest I got was 50~ in level, glad to know 81 is the cap.

I must not have been doing spellcasting right because everyone else was getting their mana casting down to bugger all and I'm shooting my lightning and getting only 4 shots off with my 460~ Magicka reserves. I guess I didn't focus enough on the potion making to boost the Enchanting to make it nuke down, because I was totting All the good Enchanting Buffs and constantly using Black soul gems... Fuck em they are bandits they don't need their souls.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#491  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 26, 2012 3:00 am

Wuffy wrote:I haven't been back to Skyrim in quite a while. Still haven't finished the plot, highest I got was 50~ in level, glad to know 81 is the cap.

I must not have been doing spellcasting right because everyone else was getting their mana casting down to bugger all and I'm shooting my lightning and getting only 4 shots off with my 460~ Magicka reserves. I guess I didn't focus enough on the potion making to boost the Enchanting to make it nuke down, because I was totting All the good Enchanting Buffs and constantly using Black soul gems... Fuck em they are bandits they don't need their souls.

I'm pretty sure you get better at casting spells by casting them a lot, that and the skill perks that make casting them cost half. The problem I had with spells was trying to find people who sold the most powerful spells. Where the fuck are they?!

Potion making boosts alchemy, not enchanting. For enchanting, you have to...well, enchant items. Where did you find all those black soul gems? I got up to level 45 and I think I only ever found about a dozen of them.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#492  Postby Ironclad » Mar 26, 2012 3:38 am

Wuffy wrote:I haven't been back to Skyrim in quite a while. Still haven't finished the plot, highest I got was 50~ in level, glad to know 81 is the cap.

Did you use your Perks? You can get the spell cost down dramatically and up the power of them too.
Also remember to wear appropriate clothing to ensure maximum effect, un-armoured is best (albeit a tad dangerous without the Perk, Mage Armour, and the mage armour spells like oakflesh).
Look out for wizard clothing and rings to enhance your deadliness - currently I wear a Ring of Recharging (60% quicker refill) a Dragon-Priest mask (+100 magic) & the Arch-Mage clothing (+100 magic, +125% magic refill time.. !), my Mana/Magic pool fills very quickly. I guess this is you problem, or.. you are not upping your Magic as you level-up.
I am pretty damn tough now (lvl 41) and only multiple combatants or super-leveled bosses cause me to walk backwards.
Remember, if you dual-cast a destruction spell it can stagger nearly all opponents as it is now overcharged (timed well, even a dragon about to spit flames!), so it can prevent that Death-Lord closing you down, especially when your Iron Skin spell has just worn off.
Slow Time was a godsend earlier tonight, I had 2 Death Lords and a Wight tracking me after they felled Mjoll the Lioness.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#493  Postby Ironclad » Mar 26, 2012 3:49 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:I'm pretty sure you get better at casting spells by casting them a lot, that and the skill perks that make casting them cost half. The problem I had with spells was trying to find people who sold the most powerful spells. Where the fuck are they?!

There are a few sellers, not many enough though eh. I am still looking for the spell, Ebony Flesh. The court wizards are your people, they have plenty of spells, and look out for Tolfdir (i'm sure you've met him, the Collage) because this guy has many spells.
Apparently, I mean, it seems that some spells are only accessed at certain levels, as a requirement. Some open after quests.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#494  Postby Wuffy » Mar 26, 2012 5:59 am

I managed to get up to level 50... and pumped all the perks right in. Yes I'm sure. But for some reason I could only ever get the Spellcasting reduction down to 8% on destruction spell casting (On top of the 50% cost on destruction spells).

I was trying to imbue my darn heavy Armor into making reduction. I have the plus 100% on effects enchanting, I had double Enchanting etc etc..
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#495  Postby Wuffy » Mar 26, 2012 6:16 am

Ironclad wrote:
Slow Time was a godsend earlier tonight, I had 2 Death Lords and a Wight tracking me after they felled Mjoll the Lioness.

SLOW TIME! Where in the bloody heck do you get THAT! I've been up and down the landscape, from Winterhold Magic college all the way to Falkreath, I joined the Assasins, Snuck with the Thieves guild. Became a Nightengale, Had Lycanthropy from the bloody Companions! Got Azura's star and a stack of Black Soul gems, I got drunk and quested across the land for a stick!

And I never seen bloody slow time spell!
Okay Gonna have to start again. Spent too many upgrades into Stamina and Health to switch to Magicka once more.
I was doing the punch god route but it's not as interesting as that video made it out to be. I much better enjoy stealthy Archer/Mage.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#496  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 26, 2012 6:22 am

Ironclad wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I'm pretty sure you get better at casting spells by casting them a lot, that and the skill perks that make casting them cost half. The problem I had with spells was trying to find people who sold the most powerful spells. Where the fuck are they?!

There are a few sellers, not many enough though eh. I am still looking for the spell, Ebony Flesh. The court wizards are your people, they have plenty of spells, and look out for Tolfdir (i'm sure you've met him, the Collage) because this guy has many spells.
Apparently, I mean, it seems that some spells are only accessed at certain levels, as a requirement. Some open after quests.

Yeah, I need to hit up more of the court wizards. The ones at my usual haunts don't have shit. I'm trying to find high level healing and element spells, I haven't played much with illusion and stuff like that. I'd really should start a new game as a mage.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#497  Postby Macros1980 » May 02, 2012 1:19 pm

To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#498  Postby Jumbo » May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

That link asks me to select a language. I speak English but apparently thats not an option... :whistle:

I was going to finally buy Skyrim but i wonder if i should just hang on and get it once they bundle all the DLC together and sell it off cheaply.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#499  Postby Macros1980 » May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Hmmm. Dunno why it's asking you to select a language.

Once the DLC is made available for PC, there will probably be a discounted bundle on Steam.
To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#500  Postby Wuffy » May 03, 2012 7:33 am

Rather annoyed it's Console only release right now...
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games