Steam Summer Sale 2013

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2013

#41  Postby SPMaximus » Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

ugh, i have to re-enter my credit card details with every steam purchase, if i dont i get

Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After reviewing the information below, if you believe your card has been declined in error please try your purchase again.

the first purchase i made this sale didnt have this problem, but then it asked me to enter the security code when i made the purchase but it doesnt do that anymore

due to this i cant use the extra bit of cash in my steam wallet when i buy games (like buying a 5€ game, paying with 0,62 of my steam wallet funds and the rest through credit card)

:coffee:

ive bought:
Dark Souls
Just Cause 2
Tropico 4
Age of Empires 2 HD
Universe Sandbox
Deus Ex HR DLC's
Fallout 3
Galactic Civilizations 2

in 5 seconds im gonna buy Kerbal Space Program :batty:
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Munchies » Jul 16, 2013 5:09 pm

AOE 2 HD? I can't say it looked any better than the normal version.
Munchies

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Mazille » Jul 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Nah. My brother got it when it came out. Didn't see what the fuss was about. I still have my old version.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Munchies » Jul 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Fair enough, still an awesome game. Takes me back to the days of LAN games with my flat mates.

Just go the Alan Wake Franchise- Reduced from £30.00 to £3.09!
Munchies

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#45  Postby thirsting » Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Got Antichamber a few days back for 6€ or so. It's wonderfully wonky experience. Shame it only allows to have one saved game at a time. Wouldn't matter otherwise, but it forces me to play it through before giving spouse a chance to try it properly. But then, it might be too weird and ungamelike for them, judging from first reactions..

During that one short try spouse did have, though, found TWO places/rooms I had completely missed, near the very beginning chamber. And I thought I had gone through everything I could before getting stuck...
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Mazille » Jul 18, 2013 8:59 am

Hotline Miami - 2,12€
FTL: Faster Than Light - 2,49€
The Walking Dead - 6,24€
Crusader Kings 2 Collection - 19,99€
Dark™ Souls™: Prepare™ To™ Die™ Edition™ - 7,49€™ (The fuck is it with those ™'s in there?)
Bastion - 2,09€ (as a gift for my brother who hasn't played it yet)
Total: 40,44€
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Devil May Cry 3 Spec. Ed., DMC: 4 and DMC: Devil May Cry + dlcs - €34,95
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby purplerat » Jul 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Figured I'd mention this one, more as an advisory than a suggestion.

While going through the daily sales I saw an interesting zombie themed MMO called "Infestation: Survivor Stories" going for $3.74. Reading the description of the game it sounded like an interesting title but then I remembered seeing an almost identical game on Steam some time back and decided not to get it because it had some of the worst feedback I've ever for a video game. That game was called "The War Z" which besides using a name that is a near rip off of Max Brooks "World War Z", apparently much of the game itself was a rip off of any developers work (a mod for another title I believe). On top of that the game had terrible views and feedback in just about every aspect of the game.
That in mind I start doing some further digging on this new title and apparently it's the same game just with a new title along with an attempt to scrub away past references to the game and it's terribleness. I have to say I've never heard anything like this before and thought I'd just give an FYI about this title in case anybody else found it on Steams Summer Sale.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#49  Postby mraltair » Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

That's cheap. Thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Got Far Cry 3 yesterday, which reminds me: I need to play Far Cry and Far Cry 2. :coffee:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Mazille » Jul 20, 2013 12:03 am

purplerat wrote:Figured I'd mention this one, more as an advisory than a suggestion.

While going through the daily sales I saw an interesting zombie themed MMO called "Infestation: Survivor Stories" going for $3.74. Reading the description of the game it sounded like an interesting title but then I remembered seeing an almost identical game on Steam some time back and decided not to get it because it had some of the worst feedback I've ever for a video game. That game was called "The War Z" which besides using a name that is a near rip off of Max Brooks "World War Z", apparently much of the game itself was a rip off of any developers work (a mod for another title I believe). On top of that the game had terrible views and feedback in just about every aspect of the game.
That in mind I start doing some further digging on this new title and apparently it's the same game just with a new title along with an attempt to scrub away past references to the game and it's terribleness. I have to say I've never heard anything like this before and thought I'd just give an FYI about this title in case anybody else found it on Steams Summer Sale.

In short: DO NOT BUY IT.
It's a fucking joke of a game and you don't to encourage it by spending money. You should rather spend your money on Awesomenauts, if you need to spend money today.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Mazille » Jul 20, 2013 8:30 am

Hotline Miami - 2,12€
The Walking Dead - 6,24€
Dark™ Souls™: Prepare™ To™ Die™ Edition™ - 7,49€™ (The fuck is it with those ™'s in there?)
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate - 4,99€
FTL: Faster Than Light - 2,49€ (As a gift for my other brother)
Dungeons of Dredmor - 1,24€
Total: 49,61€
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#52  Postby SPMaximus » Jul 20, 2013 8:52 am

Munchies wrote:AOE 2 HD? I can't say it looked any better than the normal version.

looks a bit better, but the important feature for me is the widescreen

Rise of Nations still looks great and you can play it in 1920x1080, no digital release though, and i think the multiplayer was shut down :waah: (i think Rhode Island owns it now, so it will probably be forever in limbo)
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Mazille » Jul 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Hotline Miami - 2,12€
The Walking Dead - 6,24€
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate - 4,99€
FTL: Faster Than Light - 2,49€ (As a gift for my other brother)
Dungeons of Dredmor - 1,24€
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - 2.50 EUR
Total: 52,11€
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#54  Postby mraltair » Jul 20, 2013 8:37 pm

I picked up Towns this morning. It is the most unintuitive game I've ever played. I had to Google stuff in the first tutorial level :nono: Then spent a few hours of watching my people starve to death, I had no idea how to mine down 2 levels and I still have no idea how to get heros to my town. Eventually, I got the hang of it and I've put 4 hours into it already (slow Saturday), It has so much potential and thankfully the devs are constantly working on it.

I'm really enjoying it now that I know the basics. I recommend it if you don't mind checking the wiki every now and then. :thumbup:

Also, got Spec Ops: The Line. Man this game does not hold back. :shock:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Matt8819 » Jul 21, 2013 12:04 am

I just realised, Thomas Was Alone is 75% off. Fucking buy it, it is amazing.
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Mazille » Jul 21, 2013 6:41 am

Weird. How come the daily deals only last another 11 hours when there's still one and a half days left of the sale? I wonder what's planned there.

Also, I might have to buy Brütal Legends reduced by only 50%. Didn't see it on a better deal yet. Here's hoping, though.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#57  Postby mraltair » Jul 21, 2013 8:02 am

Mazille wrote:Weird. How come the daily deals only last another 11 hours when there's still one and a half days left of the sale? I wonder what's planned there.

Isn't that normal? These have 9 hours left so they'll finish at 6pm (UTC), like all the others have been.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#58  Postby Mazille » Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah, but usually they go on for another day while the new deals are on the top of the page.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#59  Postby Mazille » Jul 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Told you.
Encore Day. Fuck you, Valve. I wanted Brütal Legends on a good discount. I'm going to wait until the last daily deals are on and then just grab it for 50% off then. Pff...
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#60  Postby Nostalgia » Jul 22, 2013 1:02 am

Everyone.
Must.
Buy.
Kerbal Space Program.

That.
Is.
All.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games