Steam Summer Sale

12th July - 22nd July

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Steam Summer Sale

#41  Postby Mazille » Jul 23, 2012 11:38 am

Never mind. It worked again.

Well then. Thank fuck this is over. Forgive me, father, for I have sinned. :pray: Gravely and repeatedly!
What have we got?

Magicka - 2,49€
Magicka: Vietnam & Magicka: The Stars Are Left - 2,73€
Batman Arkham City + Harley Quinn's Revenge & Gotham City Impostors + Mega XP boost solo - 18,23€
Prince of Persia (2008) - 2,49
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - 4,99€
SPAZ - 2,24€
Psychonauts - 2,24€
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - 13,38€ (Unfortunately I missed the really good deals on that one, so I only got 33% off)
Oh, and Blacklight: Retribution, but that's for free, so it doesn't count. :mrgreen:

That's a total of 48,89€ for 9 games and several DLCs. I've paid more for single retail games.
All in all, I am very pleased, as those games should keep me going until Christmas. My wallet is nowhere to be found, though. I do think I hear it crying, though, so it's probably curled up in a foetal position and hiding behind the sofa.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 23, 2012 12:19 pm

trubble76 wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
trubble76 wrote:

Have you played Civ5 yet? I bought it and just started playing it, but it's so different to what I recognise as Civ. There's no unit stacking, it makes combat very different.

I bought Civ 5 when it first came out, but for some unknown reason, it simply stopped working. When I fire it up, it turns my monitor off! :lol:

Nevermind, tbh I think 4 is better than 5, and 3 is better than 4. Civ 2 is probably the greatest, but the graphics are no longer really playable for me.

I really enjoyed Alpha Centauri. I loved the unit design feature.

The first time I played that, it felt like I was on drugs! :lol:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#43  Postby mraltair » Jul 23, 2012 12:38 pm

trubble76 wrote:Have you played Civ5 yet? I bought it and just started playing it, but it's so different to what I recognise as Civ. There's no unit stacking, it makes combat very different.

I haven't yet no. I played Civ 4 for a while before, I enjoyed it but never got into it. I always preferred EU3. I heard a lot of good reviews so went for Civ5.

I spent £140. I am, to be frank, a bit of a twat.

:nono:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#44  Postby trubble76 » Jul 23, 2012 12:50 pm

mraltair wrote:
trubble76 wrote:Have you played Civ5 yet? I bought it and just started playing it, but it's so different to what I recognise as Civ. There's no unit stacking, it makes combat very different.

I haven't yet no. I played Civ 4 for a while before, I enjoyed it but never got into it. I always preferred EU3. I heard a lot of good reviews so went for Civ5.

I spent £140. I am, to be frank, a bit of a twat.

:nono:

I'd be interested to hear your opinion when you get round to playing it. I spent about £30-40, but I'm feeling like a bit of a twat too.

Fuck it, I've wasted money on worse things. :lol:
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#45  Postby trubble76 » Jul 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
trubble76 wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
trubble76 wrote:

Have you played Civ5 yet? I bought it and just started playing it, but it's so different to what I recognise as Civ. There's no unit stacking, it makes combat very different.

I bought Civ 5 when it first came out, but for some unknown reason, it simply stopped working. When I fire it up, it turns my monitor off! :lol:

Nevermind, tbh I think 4 is better than 5, and 3 is better than 4. Civ 2 is probably the greatest, but the graphics are no longer really playable for me.

I really enjoyed Alpha Centauri. I loved the unit design feature.

The first time I played that, it felt like I was on drugs! :lol:

Hmm, possibly why I liked it so much. :lol:
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Civ, even the recent lesser version, is always going to be good value for money and have a huge replayability on one factor alone: mods.

If you pop over to http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=395

You'll find some absolutely amazing mods, ranging from scenarios that focus in on a particular area and period of history, to complete overhauls of all the systems.

Just as I was getting to the end of a very long shelf-life in Civ 4, I started playing the dark fantasy mod Fall from Heaven. It was plain awesome. It was such a complete overhaul (including a full magic system) that there were mods built on top of that by other users, and even mods of those mods. It became such a huge thing that Firaxis even included a scenario of it in an expansion pack.

What you need to do is identify what you like/dislike about the game, and then go and find a mod maker who has the same ideas as you. There's bound to be something to float your polynesian raft.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#47  Postby Sityl » Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm playing Eufloria. I like it, basically you plant flowers on asteroids and those flowers grow seeds which attack other flower colors' seeds and plants, and it's a little like a real-time Risk™, except prettier.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 24, 2012 2:24 am

Bugger! I didn't realise the Steam sale was coming to an end - there are more things my wallet doesn't want me to buy! :(

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#49  Postby Mazille » Jul 24, 2012 6:02 am

What a typical PC gamer I am. Got myself hosts of shiny new games, half of them AAA and what have I been playing yesterday? SPAZ. Hella fun, and surprisingly deep, once it gets going. Magicka is pants-pissingly funny as well, although it does tend to stutter a bit. Turns out it doesn't like integrated GPUs on Laptops.
Today I'll try Space Marine and Batman, although I foresee that once I get going with one of them, the other will sit in my backlog until I'm done.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#50  Postby quixotecoyote » Jul 24, 2012 7:00 am

Just Cause 2 is way too much fun with the stupid grappling hook. It's really silly to car-surf one of the gangsters car and keep tethering the baddies to the bumper and yank them out of their turrets as we drive by, but I spent about 10 minutes doing that.
quixotecoyote

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Mazille » Jul 24, 2012 7:05 am

Strap them to a jet. That requires a bit of work, but it's so worth it, once you take off, then get on top of the jet and surf it into a military base.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#52  Postby quixotecoyote » Jul 24, 2012 7:07 am

Mazille wrote:Strap them to a jet. That requires a bit of work, but it's so worth it, once you take off, then get on top of the jet and surf it into a military base.

I was a little disappointed when I stole a helicopter and flew to the giant airship that I could neither pilot it nor crash it. Fun jumping off, though.
quixotecoyote

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Ironclad » Jul 24, 2012 7:28 am

Wonder if I can get Wipeout on this Steam thing? It is an online shop, right.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#54  Postby Mazille » Jul 24, 2012 8:19 am

Yup. I don't think they have that, though.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Video Games