T-Bagging.

Your opinions.

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

T-Bag.

I tag 'em and 'bag 'em, like a CEO.
32%
Acceptable behaviour, though I do not partake.
11%
Indifferent.
37%
Unacceptable behaviour of which I do not partake.
16%
Childish, immature trolling which should be banned.
5%

Total votes : 19

T-Bagging.

#1  Postby Animavore » Aug 27, 2013 8:06 am

T-bag or not t-bag? That is the question.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: T-Bagging.

#2  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 27, 2013 8:14 am

I don't play online FPS games much and when I do never have the time to teabag. But on games like Payday 2 where I can tie up a AI bot I teabag the living shit out of them every spare moment I have. Cause it is funny and makes my mates laugh.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3  Postby surreptitious57 » Aug 27, 2013 8:23 am

I drink black tea all the time and use a new one every time the flask is empty
As for the other type what consenting adults do in the woods is their business
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#4  Postby Animavore » Aug 27, 2013 8:31 am

Seems to be a bit of a tea-party at the moment. RatSkeppers have no shame.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby tuco » Aug 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Picked indifferent.

It depends. In the games I play there is usually no time for such thing, where by "no time" is meant that such action would endanger me or my team or at least make me/us less efficient. It could be argued that some psychological factors come in play - been suggested that people perform worse against what they perceive as confident/strong opponents - but on small maps where stuff happens fast other factors are more important in my opinion. If someone does it to me, it does not bother me much, or at least thats what I try to maintain. Could be fun tho, being like a boss. Its part of the game. Real bosses, however, are more subtle in my experience as they have results to show.

edit: oh and I do not do it not because I am real but because I am not that good :)
tuco

Print view this post

#6  Postby Varangian » Aug 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Indifferent. It is childish, but if childish players get kicks out it...

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#7  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 27, 2013 4:36 pm

What is it called when you are t-bagged by a Brit?

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Animavore » Aug 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Usually the only people I t-bag are these feckin' snipers you see in BF3 who camp out off the main area, miles away, in a crane or something. These people don't even get many kills and they are useless to the team. As long as they keep their KDR up that's all they care about. When I get shot by one of these assholes I make it my business to make my way around them, even if it takes me a few minutes (I'm not fond of this because while I'm going on my little cat and mouse game I also end up doing feck all for the team) and sneak up and knife them. It is after this that I t-bag them just to let them know what I think of them.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9  Postby purplerat » Aug 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Is this a real thing people are regularly doing in online games now? If so that's so fucking hilarious to me because I was doing this like 7-8 years ago in WoW before people even had a clue wtf I was doing. Not that I'm particularly proud of it, but t-bagging was kind of a thing I did years before that in high school, but in rl not in video games so I thought it was funny to carry it over into video games seeing as it's long since (and probably never was) appropriate to do it in rl. I feel like somewhat of a pioneer hearing that this is caught on somewhat mainstream amongst gamers and online game griefing.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn » Sep 08, 2013 1:18 am

doesn't bother me. done it to a team mate when he got stuck to the floor - when he requested that no-one teabag him in teamspeak. but generally I'm already onto the next target and cant be arsed exposing myself to fire for something so pointless (2 unintentional puns included there)
PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Print view this post

#11  Postby willhud9 » Nov 05, 2013 7:03 am

Late to the thread. But I despise teabagging. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It is arrogant and all it does is make me want to turn off the game. Although last time I got ganked and teabagged in WoW (my pallie doesn't have a ret spec and is a healer so what the fuck is wrong with some players I won't ever know) I asked one of my guildmates to come out in guild chat and 20 guildies came out to camp this guy who was camping me. It was satisfying to say the least.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Blackadder » Nov 05, 2013 9:33 am

willhud9 wrote:Late to the thread. But I despise teabagging. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It is arrogant and all it does is make me want to turn off the game. Although last time I got ganked and teabagged in WoW (my pallie doesn't have a ret spec and is a healer so what the fuck is wrong with some players I won't ever know) I asked one of my guildmates to come out in guild chat and 20 guildies came out to camp this guy who was camping me. It was satisfying to say the least.

I thought I was middle aged. I now realise I am very, very old. I have no clue what any of the above means. Is it in Klingon?
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby The_Piper » Nov 05, 2013 9:40 am

Blackadder wrote:
willhud9 wrote:Late to the thread. But I despise teabagging. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It is arrogant and all it does is make me want to turn off the game. Although last time I got ganked and teabagged in WoW (my pallie doesn't have a ret spec and is a healer so what the fuck is wrong with some players I won't ever know) I asked one of my guildmates to come out in guild chat and 20 guildies came out to camp this guy who was camping me. It was satisfying to say the least.

I thought I was middle aged. I now realise I am very, very old. I have no clue what any of the above means. Is it in Klingon?

Never mind all that other stuff for now, what's T-bagging?
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 05, 2013 9:58 am

The_Piper wrote:
Blackadder wrote:

In real life the act of Tea Bagging is a sexual act, one where you dip your balls into someone else's mouth. In online shooters it is the term used for people, after killing you, crouching over your face a few times. The implication is that they are dipping their nuts into your mouth. Basically it is a sign of dominance and power.

Or a sign of a childish mind.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby The_Piper » Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Blackadder wrote:

In real life the act of Tea Bagging is a sexual act, one where you dip your balls into someone else's mouth. In online shooters it is the term used for people, after killing you, crouching over your face a few times. The implication is that they are dipping their nuts into your mouth. Basically it is a sign of dominance and power.

Or a sign of a childish mind.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perfect, thanks Darth. They used to just type "Pwnt" or something similar.
Signs of a testosterone overdose maybe. :tongue:
Playful ribbing is fun with video games. I'd usually rib my friends and leave strangers alone. Different world now though, it's been 6 or 7 years since I played a new online game. Wait a minute, it was UT2004 I think. Was that a game? I used to like to run people over with the vehicles, which did piss some off really bad, for some reason. The best was if I could run them over backwards in a tank at walking speed. Ultimate humiliation. :evilgrin:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 05, 2013 10:25 am

The games it started on were normally on consoles, where sending pwnt or pwned would take way too much effort. Much easier to have a quick visual action that people could see on their death screen before reloading.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#17  Postby The_Piper » Nov 05, 2013 10:33 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:The games it started on were normally on consoles, where sending pwnt or pwned would take way too much effort. Much easier to have a quick visual action that people could see on their death screen before reloading.

I'm all for it then. The fatalities in Mortal Kombat for instance, are what set it apart in those days. What good were you if you couldn't burn your opponent to the ground or rip his heart out and show it to him? 8-)
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 06, 2013 3:37 pm

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Sovereign » Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm

I don't tea bag even when the shit talk is going all out and I've never been tea bagged outside of Halo and even then it was rare. Usually people have shit talked me but not tea bagged.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games