The Minecraft Thread!

It's official!

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

The Minecraft Thread!

#1  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 7:07 am

So I figures since Minecraft is officially released now, we needs a thread for it! So, if you like, post your stories, your screen grabs, your favorite texture packs, awesome save files, your youtube videos, youtube videos of other people, all that good stuff :cheers: :cheers:




I checked and didn't see another thread for this, but if there is one, I apologize.
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#2  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 03, 2011 8:06 am

Oh my!

:popcorn:

Well... here's a little house I started off building:
(I happened to spawn right next to an NPC village, by the way.)

Building...
Image

Second-floor interior
Image

Outside view
Image

Sunset
Image
Last edited by LucidFlight on Dec 03, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#3  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 03, 2011 8:21 am

Some more pics from after my first renovation.

Downstairs: lounge, dining, kitchen and indoor pool — with diving board!
Image

View of lounge and pool from upper-floor landing.
Image

Upstairs: master bedroom.
Image

Upstairs: balcony sitting area and jacuzzi.
Image

:dopey:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#4  Postby Nostalgia » Dec 03, 2011 8:24 am

Wow, this game looks pretty cool. I'm guessing it's not very demanding on computer specs. I've got a middle of the road laptop at the moment.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
User avatar
Nostalgia
 
Posts: 9266
Age: 35
Male

Country: Earth
Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#5  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 8:25 am

Damn...I was proud of my house, now I feel all inadequate... Pics of my comparatively lame house on the way!
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#6  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 8:27 am

MacIver wrote:Wow, this game looks pretty cool. I'm guessing it's not very demanding on computer specs. I've got a middle of the road laptop at the moment.


I have a 4 year old budget computer I got from Staples. As long as you keep the render distance on short, the game can run on almost any computer, I think. Your laptop should be fine. http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play Try the free to play, see how it runs :thumbup:
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#7  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am

Alright...For a start, my first house.
The front of it...
Image

In the front door...
Image

The back door...
Image

Small tree farm in the back door
Image
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#8  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 9:02 am

The Tower!
Image

Inside, looking up
Image

the farm on my house, from the tower
Image
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#9  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 9:03 am

And the mountain tower
Image

Inside view...
Image

Basement view...
Image

And the storage floor
Image
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#10  Postby Tursas » Dec 03, 2011 9:19 am

I only found one screenshot, it's from my last year Romantic sculpture titled "Death Star attacks Creeper in Floating Castle"
Image
User avatar
Tursas
 
Posts: 365

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#11  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 03, 2011 9:42 am

Nice work, Matt. When you said "comparatively lame house", I was half expecting a little wooden hut. :smile:

matt8819 wrote:The Tower!
Image

Inside, looking up
Image

the farm on my house, from the tower
Image


That's a lot of glass! I love the mountain tower and the lava, too.

My (slightly less impressive) watchtower:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#12  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am

Tursas wrote:I only found one screenshot, it's from my last year Romantic sculpture titled "Death Star attacks Creeper in Floating Castle"
Image

Very cool! :popcorn:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#13  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 9:54 am

LucidFlight wrote:
That's a lot of glass! I love the mountain tower and the lava, too.


When I was...maybe 5 layers below what is now the roof of the glass tower, it was 2214 blocks of glass. Not sure what now, with the height increase and roof. And the mountain tower was a bitch. I had to hollow the damned thing out, and the roof, with the flaming blocks and where the lava comes from is 1 block down from the upper limit of the map.

I really like that watchtower of yours. That's the thing I like about watching youtube videos of minecraft creations, seeing other peoples work and such. I tend to just go on impulse, but it looks like you put a lot of thought in to that house of yours, and it looks great. And the watchtower too, it fits in to the surroundings, which I like.
My world is basically a house built into a mountain, and a couple phalluses.

Dammit, if I had a better computer, I'd set up a RatSkep minecraft server...
Which reminds me, another set of screens coming up!
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#14  Postby aban57 » Dec 03, 2011 10:01 am

Tursas wrote:I only found one screenshot, it's from my last year Romantic sculpture titled "Death Star attacks Creeper in Floating Castle"
Image


That is just amazing :)

I tend to make smaller houses, I'm too much pragmatic to build huge houses I won't know what to do with :)
aban57
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7434
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#15  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 10:02 am

Tursas wrote:I only found one screenshot, it's from my last year Romantic sculpture titled "Death Star attacks Creeper in Floating Castle"
Image


That makes me smile, that does.
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#16  Postby Animavore » Dec 03, 2011 10:03 am

I presume this'll work on my ten year-old computer?
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44680
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#17  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 10:04 am

Alright, a...few months ago now, I think, I found this wonderful map generator. Take a peek at the wonder of...


Sphere World!!
Image
Image

Edit to add, forgot to put the link to it in. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/83979-new-map-generator-planetoids-v175-now-up/ you can download the program to generate the map from there, and there's instructions on how to get it to work, too.
Last edited by Matt8819 on Dec 03, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#18  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 10:05 am

Animavore wrote:I presume this'll work on my ten year-old computer?


It might...give this a bash http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play, and see how it works. It's just an older version of the game.
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#19  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 03, 2011 10:33 am

matt8819 wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:
That's a lot of glass! I love the mountain tower and the lava, too.


When I was...maybe 5 layers below what is now the roof of the glass tower, it was 2214 blocks of glass. Not sure what now, with the height increase and roof. And the mountain tower was a bitch. I had to hollow the damned thing out, and the roof, with the flaming blocks and where the lava comes from is 1 block down from the upper limit of the map.

It is an impressive effort, I must say!

matt8819 wrote:I really like that watchtower of yours. That's the thing I like about watching youtube videos of minecraft creations, seeing other peoples work and such. I tend to just go on impulse, but it looks like you put a lot of thought in to that house of yours, and it looks great. And the watchtower too, it fits in to the surroundings, which I like.

Nothing wrong with impulse. At least one third of my Mincrafting is impulse; another third inspiration and copying what I've seen by other people; and there is maybe one third planning. Also, there's no harm in watching a few dozen episodes of Grand Designs. :smile:

matt8819 wrote:My world is basically a house built into a mountain, and a couple phalluses.

:lol:

matt8819 wrote:Dammit, if I had a better computer, I'd set up a RatSkep minecraft server...
Which reminds me, another set of screens coming up!

:popcorn:

matt8819 wrote:Alright, a...few months ago now, I think, I found this wonderful map generator. Take a peek at the wonder of...


Sphere World!!
Image
Image

Edit to add, forgot to put the link to it in. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/83979-new-map-generator-planetoids-v175-now-up/ you can download the program to generate the map from there, and there's instructions on how to get it to work, too.


Ooh! :popcorn:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Minecraft Thread!

#20  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 03, 2011 10:43 am

Each glass sphere is filled with water, the green spheres are filled with wood, and the stone ones have resources in em. Or lava. So you could potentially find a massive sphere crammed with diamonds. Or flaming death. Usually flaming death, though, in my experience.
User avatar
Matt8819
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Matt
Posts: 5283
Age: 32
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest