Playstations.
17%
XBOX.
4%
Wii.
13%
Mac (?)
21%
People who say, "I own all of them 'coz I'm a real gamer.
13%
Other.
29%

Total votes : 24

The Worst Gamers: Poll

#1  Postby Animavore » May 30, 2013 10:03 am

Who are the main bottom feeders of the gaming industry (besides CoD fans, obviously)?

I'm going with those pirating PC-ers who are destroying the industry.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Worst Gamers: Poll

#2  Postby DarthHelmet86 » May 30, 2013 10:10 am

I voted other, because the worst gamers that are ruining the industry are those who are constantly judging what games other people play, on what system they play or have hardcore or not the person is. Gaming is about having fun, it doesn't matter what console you own, or if you are PC or Mac or play CoD all that matters is that you have fun and get entertainment out of your entertainment products.

Also people who say that ET on the Atari 2600 led to the fall of gaming are idiots who don't understand the concept of the straw that broke the camels back. Everything about gaming then led to the fall ET just happened to be the final pile of shit. So really that is two votes for other isn't it.

:hide:
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3  Postby tuco » May 30, 2013 10:15 am

Reported for trolling :P

Worst gamers are, obviously, those who instead of gaming bicker on forums whether this or that platform is superior, whether this or that game is shite or whether telling a blond joke in MMO general chat will cause epidemic of rapes or not.

edit: damn you DarthHelmet86!
tuco

Print view this post

#4  Postby Animavore » May 30, 2013 10:29 am

:rofl: Who put 'Mac'?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby mattthomas » May 30, 2013 10:40 am

It's a useful question in terms of how the game producers view the industry. Are these people going to be too concerned if they write a game that has problems on a platform that doesn't have many users. For example no software house is going to give a rodents rectum if their latest blockbuster game falls to shit on a mac, because the 2 or 3 people in the world who try to play games on a mac don't expect them to work properly anyway.

In terms of other gamers opinions, all is fluid... I've never given the xbox a chance because I loved my PS3 and thought it wouldn't be as good. Well we got a 360 last weekend, and what to you know it's just as good. I love the Wii too so I now have a finger in every pie and I enjoy the warm stickiness of them all.
mattthomas

Print view this post

#6  Postby DoctorE » May 30, 2013 10:48 am

I have zero pirated pc game, zero pirated console games.. I think I have only one 2nd hand game.
None of my pc friends pirate games...

I would go for FANBOYS on any system.. but there is no option for that so I voted Mac ;)
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Jumbo » May 30, 2013 10:59 am

My vote is a platform independent one.

I vote for the people who drive others away from gaming. Thats the people for example in multiplayer games who rather than help a gamer who might not be as good as them in a given game will take advantage of that and on top hurl abuse at them.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby LucidFlight » May 30, 2013 11:25 am

Trolls and griefers in Minecraft are the lowest of the low.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby DarthHelmet86 » May 30, 2013 11:29 am

LucidFlight wrote:Trolls and griefers in Minecraft are the lowest of the low.

So when I put a giant golden dick inside my gay friends house in an attempt to troll him I was the lowest of the low? To be fair it was my server so I couldn't really be a troll or griefer, admins are far more evil in every way.

Also he laughed pretty hard at that...right until he found his basement flooded with lava.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby mattthomas » May 30, 2013 11:45 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:

So when I put a giant golden dick inside my gay friends house in an attempt to troll him I was the lowest of the low? To be fair it was my server so I couldn't really be a troll or griefer, admins are far more evil in every way.

Also he laughed pretty hard at that...right until he found his basement flooded with lava.

I played minecraft on my iPad it made me want to sterilise anyone who enjoys it as a game.
mattthomas

Print view this post

#11  Postby LucidFlight » May 30, 2013 11:53 am

You know what? I just realised there's an option missing from the poll — DarthHelmet86.

:mob:
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby DarthHelmet86 » May 30, 2013 11:55 am

LucidFlight wrote:You know what? I just realised there's an option missing from the poll — DarthHelmet86.

:mob:

You have found me out, yes I am the one out to ruin gaming for everyone. I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you kids.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#13  Postby LucidFlight » May 30, 2013 12:04 pm

I knew it! Well done, Scooby gang!
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Animavore » Jul 07, 2013 8:33 pm

I've figured it out. It's those self-entitled brats who infest gaming fora when a new game comes out, a sequel, and rage into oblivion in a ball of mucus and tears about how they "sold out", how they "gave in to the 'console crowd'", how the game is now "broken" and "unbalanced", and why this needs to be buffed and that needs to be nerfed, and nit-pick every last detail like "why did you drop that?", "Why doesn't that class have grenades any more?", "Why did you get rid of leader spawn?", "Why can't I kill everyone with one shot?" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Varangian » Jul 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Jumbo wrote:I vote for the people who drive others away from gaming. Thats the people for example in multiplayer games who rather than help a gamer who might not be as good as them in a given game will take advantage of that and on top hurl abuse at them.

They are spineless little pricks with tiny egos they inflate by abusing games and other gamers.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Bribase » Jul 07, 2013 10:56 pm

I voted for Mac purely because of the flourishing of handheld casual gaming.

There is room in computer and console gaming for fresh new ideas, inventive stories and mechanics and a level of immersion to flesh out an idea that would only suffer in a more passive medium like a book or film. There is no room for that experience on the 5 minute tube ride to and from work every morning. It's a shame that the lowest form of games development (beyond perhaps the movie tie-in) is also the one that is the most lucrative and the most socially acceptable.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby Thommo » Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm

I voted other.

Worst gamers are t3rribads, fucking clueless n00bs who enter battlgrounds with me and just feed the other team with free kills.

Srsly guys, just lrn 2 fkin play? Ur bad and u know it.
Thommo

Print view this post

#18  Postby Animavore » Jul 07, 2013 11:47 pm

"Like a boss"? Pfft! Like a CE-O, beyatches!!!!!!!!!!
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19  Postby felltoearth » Jul 08, 2013 2:07 am

mattthomas wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:

I played minecraft on my iPad it made me want to sterilise anyone who enjoys it as a game.

That would have to be me but I've already been snipped. So done and done. :snooty:
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Macros1980 » Jul 08, 2013 7:20 am

mattthomas wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:

There's your problem. It really needs a PC to be playable. The controls don't port well to touch-screen. Or game pad, for that matter.
To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games