Upcoming Video Games

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Upcoming Video Games

#2941  Postby tuco » Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Designer Warren Spector talks about Shodan and other returning characters.

"Shodan is the heart and soul of System Shock games," he said. "That's the beauty of System Shock 3; nobody else has Shodan. She'll be at the center of the game, but I also want to put her through some changes.

"Arturo has been working on our version of Shodan, which is going to be interesting and different from what people expect. I expect it will infuriate some people but definitely get people talking."

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/8/ ... hock-3-art

----

While I do not doubt he does, want to make people to talk about her, what can he have in mind?

Shodan — her name is an acronym of Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network — was the central antagonist in the first two System Shock games. Originally created to service a space station, she is tasked with deleting incriminating files. The player in the original game is a hacker who removes her ethics constraints. This turns out to be a bad move.

Over the course of the two games, Shodan reveals herself to be skilled in manipulating systems and people. Her goal is to annihilate the human race. She taunts and mocks the player. Even in defeat, she finds a way to survive.
tuco

Print view this post

#2942  Postby Animavore » Sep 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Finally a bit of Corvo gameplay.

I hope they spell Dishonoured correctly for the Ireland and UK versions.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2943  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Animavore wrote:Finally a bit of Corvo gameplay.

I hope they spell Dishonoured correctly for the Ireland and UK versions.

Hoping this will be less linear than the original.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2944  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Looks like the level of customization in Planet Coaster is going to be over the top. Looking forward to this being my next creative outlet.

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2945  Postby Animavore » Sep 20, 2016 7:58 pm

This looks like an excellent VR experience.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2946  Postby Animavore » Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Some nice, hand-drawn graphics from the makers of Votun.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2947  Postby Animavore » Sep 28, 2016 8:42 am

BF1 single-player campaign trailer.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2948  Postby Animavore » Dec 02, 2016 11:28 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2949  Postby tuco » Jan 14, 2017 9:35 pm

SR-71

Not sure about this. Not sure if the can bring anything new.
tuco

Print view this post

#2950  Postby tuco » Jan 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Odyssey is a science education game produced by The Young Socratics. Covering the development of astronomy and mechanics from the ancient Greeks to Newton, it combines a historical-philosophical approach to science with a first-person exploration game environment and an adventure story.

http://theyoungsocratics.com/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =793022059
tuco

Print view this post

#2951  Postby Matthew Shute » May 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Hurry up, TaleWorlds!

Even if Bannerlord is just Mount & Blade Warband but with better graphics and sieges, I'll be happy, but I suspect there'll be all kinds of improvements and added depth.

DIPLOMACY
Engage in diplomacy, with meaningful consequences that impact the world. Strike historic peace deals that win land for your kingdom or free you to take on a new foe. An all-new barter system gives players flexibility in cementing deals, from marriage offers to treason pacts, offering all the options available to NPCs. Use a new influence system to direct your faction's energies or strangle the aspirations of a rival.

SANDBOX ECONOMY
See the availability of goods ebb and flow in a simulated feudal economy, where the price of everything from incense to warhorses fluctuates with supply and demand. Invest in farms and workshops, or turn anarchy to your advantage by being the first to bring grain to a starving town after a siege or reopening a bandit-plagued caravan route.

CRAFTING
Craft your own weapon, name it and carry it with you to the field of battle! A deep, physics-based system gives each weapon you create a unique set of attributes, strengths and weaknesses. Forge a finely-tuned killing machine to match your own prowess and complement your play-style, or take the sword of your enemy and brandish it as a trophy of war.

MODDING
The engine and tools used to develop Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord are being made available to the community, so that modders can re-interpret Calradia or create their own worlds! Players can now combine different mods, making it easier than ever to play the game of your dreams.,

ENGINE
An all-new tailor-made game engine, developed in-house to fulfill the unique needs of the series, offers the perfect balance of performance and graphical fidelity, scalable with the power of your hardware.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/26155 ... annerlord/

:party2:
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#2952  Postby Mazille » May 16, 2017 3:30 pm

They are taking their sweet time with that one, aren't they?
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#2953  Postby aban57 » May 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Ace Combat 7 delayed to 2018, instead of december 2017. Too bad.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#2954  Postby MattHunX » May 16, 2017 6:46 pm

aban57 wrote:Ace Combat 7 delayed to 2018, instead of december 2017. Too bad.

Aaah, I remember playing the shit out of 2 and 3, years and years ago. Really like it. 8-) The landing missions, too.

Tried out 6 or whatever the number was, a couple of years ago, but I only had a keyboard and mouse and controlling it like that was absolutely horrendous. Ace Combat-type games are the few exceptions where I'd happily go for a fucking controller.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#2955  Postby Animavore » Jun 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Kingdom Come: Deliverance got a release date of Fed 13th. Also, Brian Blessed! :awesome:

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2956  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Motion capture does not like touching, not to mention sex scenes? Get on it scholars!
tuco

Print view this post

#2957  Postby Matthew Shute » Jun 13, 2017 7:41 pm

I posted a few thoughts on the RPG Tyranny over here. It looks like there's now an expansion coming out, Bastard's Wound:

"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#2958  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 15, 2017 8:18 am

Animavore wrote:Kingdom Come: Deliverance got a release date of Fed 13th. Also, Brian Blessed! :awesome:

Really looking forward to it. Excellent game while we wait for Bannerlord.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2959  Postby tuco » Jun 21, 2017 3:59 pm

From developers Cheerdealers, Distrust is an isometric survival horror game attempting to tap into that unease audiences felt when they first watched John Carpenter's "The Thing". In a remote Arctic base the survivors of a helicopter crash do all they can to stay alive ...and stay sane. Yes, bad things happen when you sleep so you best stay awake and hope you don't go insane too quickly.

This is currently the free demo available on Steam. The full game is set to be released in August

tuco

Print view this post

#2960  Postby UncertainSloth » Jun 22, 2017 6:30 am

interesting....would have to go some way to beat 'the thing' on ps2....
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games