Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#11961  Postby electricwhiteboy » Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am

KC:D I managed to bypass an entire quest last night by stumbling by accident over the cave of the bandit I was looking for.

Notice the A.I do a few weird things, I won a three on two fight when my allied NPC booked it and the enemy chased him Benny Hill style for miles. I just picked them off one by one exhausted from the chase with their backs to me.

There's finally some humour in the game in a quest where you get hammered at the inn with a local Priest and he goes a bit Father Jack, leading to you reading the sermon half cut in the morning.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#11962  Postby Animavore » Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am

The Assassin's Creed: Origins Discovery Tour that downloaded today is pretty cool. You can wander around the map to different points and it will give you a walking tour of Eygpt. 75 in all.

Some neat touches thrown in too. I was riding across the desert on a horse as Julius Caesar when the tour guide says, "My Kingdom for a - glass of water?"
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11963  Postby Thommo » Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Slay The Spire looks good. It's in early access on steam, fun little rogue like.
Thommo

Print view this post

#11964  Postby DoctorE » Feb 20, 2018 1:59 pm

I keep dying in Nioh... dang
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#11965  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

DoctorE wrote:I keep dying in Nioh... dang

Yeah, like I said, I'm using a trainer for the fights I can get past on my own.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11966  Postby Animavore » Feb 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Just realised the "...kingdom for a horse." line is from Richard III, not Julius Caesar.

Oh well. Still funny.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11967  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Just finished the main campaign/storyline for Nioh.
I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed a game so much in a very long time.
The story is interesting and manages to fit right in with both Japanese mythology and the rise of Tokugawa.
Visually the game is stunning. Beautiful environments and a complete Japanese castles, but the characters are also great, especially the faces.
The only thing that I liked less than the previous items was the combat.
But that's partially because I don't have the patience for the hardcore feeling this game is going for and I played it on PC, meaning I had to wrestle with certain port issues.
Overal I would rate it 8.5/10 for everything but the combat.
Still a solid 7/10 with the difficult combat and port issues taken into account.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11968  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 20, 2018 9:53 pm

^Finished the epilogue and started one of the DLC campaigns. So far they're of the same high quality as the main campaign, including full cutscenes and voiced dialogue. Seems to really expand the game. I've also unlocked some sort of endless dungeon mode, but I don't think I'll bother with that.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11969  Postby aliihsanasl » Feb 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Already played 5 hours and %30 completed.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#11970  Postby Matthew Shute » Feb 23, 2018 3:25 pm

My latest Stellaris victory shows me poised to "upgrade" everyone in the galaxy. Resistance proved futile, even for the super-advanced "fallen empire" of psionic arthropods (it just didn't wake up and get its act together in time). Everyone not directly conquered/assimilated is a vassal of the relentless machine intelligence!

2018_02_23_1.png
2018_02_23_1.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 604 times

For my new campaign, I've gone the opposite way. I've never done a full play-through with a spiritual empire before, never mind an obsessively isolationist one...

2018_02_23_2.png
2018_02_23_2.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 604 times
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#11971  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Matthew Shute wrote:My latest Stellaris victory shows me poised to "upgrade" everyone in the galaxy. Resistance proved futile, even for the super-advanced "fallen empire" of psionic arthropods (it just didn't wake up and get its act together in time). Everyone not directly conquered/assimilated is a vassal of the relentless machine intelligence!

2018_02_23_1.png

For my new campaign, I've gone the opposite way. I've never done a full play-through with a spiritual empire before, never mind an obsessively isolationist one...

2018_02_23_2.png

How are you liking 2.0 so far?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11972  Postby Matthew Shute » Feb 23, 2018 6:16 pm

A good deal. I haven't read into what all the changes are, but it fixes some bugs that bedevilled my Najlax Consciousness play-through (for e.g. they've changed the way you integrate a species into a hive-mind - this was pretty broken in the version I was using). It makes those earlier saves incompatible, on the other hand. The AI also seems a bit more competent in some regards. As my empire grew as a threat, it was noticeable how a lot of other empires seemed to put their differences aside and band together with defensive pacts.

You?
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#11973  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2018 6:31 pm

It greatly saddens me that there's basically no chance of the original 3 Spyro games to get a remaster or remake. The soundtracks by Stewart Copeland are fantastic, I find myself listening to them every now and again and it makes me want to play the games. If they'd let me change the camera controls at least, the games could at least be playable.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11974  Postby Thommo » Feb 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Slay The Spire is amazing. Best roguelike I've played in ages.
Thommo

Print view this post

#11975  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Really wish I could get into roguelikes, seems like there's a lot of good ones lately.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11976  Postby Thommo » Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm

I can only think of about half a dozen I've really liked, and the gameplay is essentially unique to each. I'm probably playing rogue like likes or rogue lites really, I get confused by all the terminology.

FTL, Rogue Legacy, Invisible Inc, Binding of Isaac and Slay the Spire are the ones I'd say are truly great.

Forced Showdown, Flamebreak, Risk of Rain, NEO Scavenger, Dungeons of Dredmor and Darkest Dungeon were good too.
Last edited by Thommo on Feb 23, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo

Print view this post

#11977  Postby Animavore » Feb 23, 2018 6:53 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:It greatly saddens me that there's basically no chance of the original 3 Spyro games to get a remaster or remake. The soundtracks by Stewart Copeland are fantastic, I find myself listening to them every now and again and it makes me want to play the games. If they'd let me change the camera controls at least, the games could at least be playable.

Are you joking or do you have a more recent update or...

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/spyr ... -this-year
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11978  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:It greatly saddens me that there's basically no chance of the original 3 Spyro games to get a remaster or remake. The soundtracks by Stewart Copeland are fantastic, I find myself listening to them every now and again and it makes me want to play the games. If they'd let me change the camera controls at least, the games could at least be playable.

Oh shit! I hadn't heard about that. I figured it would never happen because Insomniac doesn't own it and pretty much all the other games after the original 3 were total garbage (the GBA ones were alright). Now I just hope they don't fuck it up, never played the original or remaster of Bandicoot so not sure what to expect. That they used that horrible Skyfucks artwork in the article is disconcerting.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11979  Postby Animavore » Feb 23, 2018 8:10 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Oh shit! I hadn't heard about that. I figured it would never happen because Insomniac doesn't own it and pretty much all the other games after the original 3 were total garbage (the GBA ones were alright). Now I just hope they don't fuck it up, never played the original or remaster of Bandicoot so not sure what to expect.

But what made you suddenly think about Spyro and say that right now at this moment? :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11980  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Oh shit! I hadn't heard about that. I figured it would never happen because Insomniac doesn't own it and pretty much all the other games after the original 3 were total garbage (the GBA ones were alright). Now I just hope they don't fuck it up, never played the original or remaster of Bandicoot so not sure what to expect.

But what made you suddenly think about Spyro and say that right now at this moment? :lol:

I've thought about it a lot over the years and watched videos of people remaking stages with the Infinity engine or whatever, and was listening to the soundtracks again in the last few days. Total coincidence :lol:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games