Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#8081  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 12, 2015 3:53 am

willhud9 wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:I would recommend watching an LP or something of the MM and games. They are hard, unintuitive and expect a hell of a lot from the player. They have very odd and large difficulty spikes for one thing. The later ones tend to get around that but the early ones...whooo boy.

This post has inspired me to do a LP of MM8. I think I can manage it!

Well as an old LPer let me tell you to go for it. But before you do spend some money on getting Fraps or another good screen capturing software. Fraps is cheap, works most of the time and is easy to use. Grab yourself some editing software...don't spend that much money just you know...get it. Practice making videos, checking your sound levels, your skills at editing and how big the uncompressed and compressed files are with different file formats. Make a couple of test videos, put them up on youtube as viewable by link only and ask some friends to listen to the audio and sound levels. Once it all sounds and looks good start with the real thing, it wont be perfect but a nice start will help keep people watching.

Oh and keep a save from just before the start of the recording so if it all goes to crap you can quickly get back to where you were and start again. Nothing ruins a day of LPing more than having to regrind out the same game over and over cause of on tiny issue.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8082  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 13, 2015 10:03 am

The Witcher 3 is a completionist's nightmare. Not only is the game vast, but the side quests stretch on and on. Seemingly inconsequential quests suddenly take a turn at their end and begin whole new quest lines. A quest that started with high jinks and picking up some posters, eventually starts a murder mystery and the hunt for a serial killer.

The sheer volume makes me think that all the content is not intended to be consumed in a single play through. It is possible to go back to quests you are over levelled for, but the game does prune off certain quest lines when you progress the main quest, or makes you interact with different characters depending on the stage of the main quest. It's almost as if the game is suggesting you to replay it as you are going along.

The two expansions will add something like 30 hours to the game as well. I may not even be finished the main quest line by the time the first release date. I have no idea how they managed something on this scale and quality for $15 million, where Destiny wazzed hundreds of millions up the wall with virtually no content.
Last edited by electricwhiteboy on Jul 13, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8083  Postby Animavore » Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

I can't see an end to TW3.

I haven't played TW3, or anything else, since Rocket League came out last Tuesday. It has the addictiveness of Mario Kart.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8084  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 13, 2015 10:43 am

Animavore wrote:I can't see an end to TW3.[/i]

I may have to take a week off. I have begrudgingly started to heavily use fast travel to speed things up out of sheer necessity.
Even the random encounters out on the road are worth playing.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8085  Postby Animavore » Jul 13, 2015 11:07 am

Have you downloaded Rocket League yet from Plus. It's this years surprise success.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8086  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Animavore wrote:Have you downloaded Rocket League yet from Plus. It's this years surprise success.

If it is not Witcher shaped I'm not interested at the minute. I'll nab a copy whilst it is free though.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8087  Postby DoctorE » Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Playing mostly Legend of zelda a link between worlds, nice game.
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#8088  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 14, 2015 9:07 am

Apparently the 'this is totally the final battle' in Witcher 3 is only the end of the second act. So still another game's worth of play time.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8089  Postby noncredo » Jul 14, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm still plugging away at TW3 as well. These side quests get pretty in depth quickly. I'm at level 21 and still working on finishing some of the level 11 and 13 quests. While working on one quest I picked up two letters that started two new quests. It seems I get new quests faster than I can finish old ones. But it's July so the Tour is taking most of my free time so I'm taking a month off. As soon as Chris Froome gets his maillot jaune in Paris I'll get back to it.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8090  Postby UncertainSloth » Jul 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Animavore wrote:Have you downloaded Rocket League yet from Plus. It's this years surprise success.

yep and its ace...its like crack...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8091  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Telltale's Game of Thrones is awesome.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8092  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Really fucking awesome.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8093  Postby Animavore » Jul 23, 2015 11:20 am

Downloading the Street Fighter 5 beta. It might distract me from Rocket League for a bit.
Tried play some Witcher 3 this morning. Lasted 5 minutes before I was playng Rocket League again. TW3 is completely on the back burner for now.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8094  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

I hope to do the final push for the Witcher 3 either tonight or the weekend.

I've been playing Sylvio with the wife recently. It is an interesting twist on the horror genre, no jump scares or loud noises. It relies mostly on EVP messages which you record and analyse on a tape recorder in game to slowly build unease. It also subtly hints to you that it's possible nothing supernatural is going on despite your encounters in the game with huge black versions of the balloons from the Prisoner following you silently about. The mystery of what actually happened/is going on is interesting enough to keep you exploring, but the game is riddled with bugs in the physics system puzzles. Over all it's clunky and graphically poor, but I get the feeling the developer might go on to better things. Hopefully the ending won't suck.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8095  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 24, 2015 9:16 am

Completed the Witcher 3 last night. Weirdly I got quite a few glitches in the last section that actually worked in my favour. One of the bosses just stood and let me off him, the other boss I had a constant potion effect that didn't time out. Other than that I got the ending where Ciri becomes a Witcher. The rest of the world ended in a pretty good state as well so I'm pleased.. Watched the bad ending on YouTube, completely different last quest in the epilogue and it tied up a loose end that was left dangling in the good ending. Mopping up the last of the high level Witcher contracts and wondering what to play next.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#8096  Postby UncertainSloth » Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

still stupidly addicted to rocket league...

just finished wolfenstein new order & nearly finished contrast...

still chuntering away with witcher 3 but by bit, though i need to level up a bit to carry on....
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8097  Postby Animavore » Jul 24, 2015 1:41 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8098  Postby willhud9 » Jul 25, 2015 12:39 am

Wouldn't want a laptop ps4 especially considering that looks bulky and heavy as fuck, but cool design and awesome work regardless.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8099  Postby Mazille » Jul 25, 2015 11:43 am

What a useless idea.

But it looks cool.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8100  Postby Animavore » Jul 25, 2015 12:31 pm

Epic fail from the Street Fighter 5 beta.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games