Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#9461  Postby tuco » Jul 23, 2016 10:37 am

DOA is not based around D&D but pausing (taking turns) is integral to its combat system, unlike in more action oriented (real time) DAI for example. Personally, I prefer pausing and micro over pace and action but I guess I am a hipster in the 21st century ;)
tuco

Print view this post

#9462  Postby Mazille » Jul 23, 2016 11:06 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone have any recommendations for brilliantly written games? It's amazing what a difference it makes.

SpecOps: The Line
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9463  Postby Animavore » Jul 23, 2016 11:12 am

:this:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9464  Postby Animavore » Jul 23, 2016 11:13 am

Also try Her Story.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9465  Postby Mazille » Jul 23, 2016 11:17 am

Also, I really liked The Wolf Among Us.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9466  Postby DoctorE » Jul 23, 2016 11:41 am

Trying this, maybe too hard for me, I just keep dying over and over. Must try harder :)
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#9467  Postby UncertainSloth » Jul 23, 2016 11:42 am

Mazille wrote:
I'm With Stupid wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone have any recommendations for brilliantly written games? It's amazing what a difference it makes.

SpecOps: The Line

good call...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9468  Postby I'm With Stupid » Jul 23, 2016 1:01 pm

UncertainSloth wrote:i'm assuming you're after rpg suggestions more than anything? what console(s)?

PC. Steam, ideally.

Not RPGs in particular, though I do like them. I started Far Cry 3 a while back and that seemed like a pretty good story. Decent characters, well acted. Might go back to that too. And obviously the Half Life series was great story wise. What I liked about that is how they told the story as a game rather than shoehorning film sequences in. And any Monkey Island game, of course. I really wanna play The Last of Us, but it's Playstation only.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#9469  Postby Mazille » Jul 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Actually, Spec Ops: The Line is currently available as a Steam key from the current 2k Humble bundle for a dollar, or a couple quid more if you want the rest of the bundle. Just saying.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9470  Postby Animavore » Jul 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Overwatch is so much better with only one of each character allowed at a time.

:heart: D'va changes. So much more survivability.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9471  Postby Briton » Jul 23, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:
UncertainSloth wrote:i'm assuming you're after rpg suggestions more than anything? what console(s)?

PC. Steam, ideally.

Not RPGs in particular, though I do like them. I started Far Cry 3 a while back and that seemed like a pretty good story. Decent characters, well acted. Might go back to that too. And obviously the Half Life series was great story wise. What I liked about that is how they told the story as a game rather than shoehorning film sequences in. And any Monkey Island game, of course. I really wanna play The Last of Us, but it's Playstation only.

Have you played The Witcher games?
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9472  Postby UncertainSloth » Jul 23, 2016 2:43 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:

PC. Steam, ideally.

bugger, i was going to suggest the last of us, and half a dozen other ps3/4 games...

mentioned above, the wolf among us is by far the best telltale game...i'll leave it to others to do pc games, then, im no expert...:D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9473  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 26, 2016 7:14 am

Anyone use GOG?

Just bought a new gaming machine. An MSI VT&@S 6QE Dominator Pro G. An amazing bit of kit.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9474  Postby Animavore » Jul 26, 2016 7:18 am

I like GoG. I like their ethic. They are dead right when they say DRM is anti-consumer. Only the consumer gets hurt when you lock up their game content behind online only means and the like. Pirates gonna pirate. Jumping through hoops to get a game working doesn't bother them.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9475  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 26, 2016 9:12 am

Animavore wrote:I like GoG. I like their ethic. They are dead right when they say DRM is anti-consumer. Only the consumer gets hurt when you lock up their game content behind online only means and the like. Pirates gonna pirate. Jumping through hoops to get a game working doesn't bother them.

Well I have downloaded a couple which went very smoothly. I like building but not in a Sim City way as it is too American orientated. I like the Caesar series but was always unable to play Caesar 4 due to machine limitations but that has past.
I downloaded 1404 gold which looks interesting. I wont buy the whole series just yet.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9476  Postby Mazille » Jul 26, 2016 9:40 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Anyone use GOG?

Just bought a new gaming machine. An MSI VT&@S 6QE Dominator Pro G. An amazing bit of kit.

Yes, at times. I'm with Ani on this one.

Also, that's a pretty beastly machine. How much did that set you back, if I may ask.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9477  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 26, 2016 10:43 am

GOG really shine at what they do. If a game is more than 6-7 years old always get it from GOG. They do a lot to make sure older games run on modern machines and resolutions.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#9478  Postby Sendraks » Jul 26, 2016 10:58 am

electricwhiteboy wrote:GOG really shine at what they do. If a game is more than 6-7 years old always get it from GOG. They do a lot to make sure older games run on modern machines and resolutions.

:this:

GOG is a great resource for getting access to old games you might have missed or have lost, that you want to play again. You can get a lot of playability for not very much cash from GOG.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#9479  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 26, 2016 11:13 am

I got GoG, but haven't actually bought any games from them yet.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9480  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 26, 2016 11:33 am

Mazille wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Anyone use GOG?

Yes, at times. I'm with Ani on this one.

Also, that's a pretty beastly machine. How much did that set you back, if I may ask.

Yes it is a powerful beast but it was not the cheapest: €1400 (with a sizeable discount) 8-)

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games