War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

#1  Postby Rome Existed » Dec 28, 2011 4:56 am

Game is kind of indepth. Actually, that's an understatement.

I'm playing as the Allies (in case you didn't realise it's about the Pacific War during WW2) and since I don't think I can hold onto the area between Singapore and Australia (including The Phillippines) I'm sending transports, tankers, etc to take all the regions supplies and fuel and transport it to Darwin, Australia. The ocean floor seems to be getting a lot of it too, damn Japanese torp bombers.

Kind of sets it apart from other war games in that logistics are a major concern. If you don't ship enough fuel and supplies around you'll find that your plans will fail as the troops can't fight. Send too many planes to an airbase and it won't be able to cope with repairs, etc.

Yeah, I lost the USS Enterprise on the 10th of December, 1941. That's how I roll. :ask:
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

#2  Postby Weaver » Dec 28, 2011 7:19 am

Rome Existed wrote:
Kind of sets it apart from other war games in that logistics are a major concern.

As the saying goes:
Amateurs talk tactics.
Dilettantes discuss strategy.

Professionals study logistics.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

#3  Postby Rome Existed » Dec 28, 2011 7:32 am

There's even "politics" so some extent. Not voting and stuff like that, but you have political points to spend. Say you want to send an Australian unit outside of the Australian area......... well, that's gonna cost you a lot of your political points. Same if you want to start transferring American, or British, etc units around.

British ships come with their own problems since there's still the war in Europe. Every now and then the British government will request you send it some of its ships back. If you want to keep them it's gonna cost you a lot of points.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games