We need a Steam Sale Thread!

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: We need a Steam Sale Thread!

#21  Postby Wuffy » Dec 23, 2012 6:16 pm

I am not listing how much money I pissed away on this sale.

But so far I snagged
Hitman Absolution
Magic: The Gathering 2013 | Planeswalkers 2013 Expansion | Deck Pack 1 | Deck Pack 2
AirMech Steam Starter Pack
Dishonored
Darksiders Franchise Pack
Legacy of Kain Collection
Supreme Commander Gold Edition
Spec Ops: The Line
Little Inferno

And I'm planning on grabbing Indie Mega pack.

God knows what else I will find that will be bought :picard:
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Mazille » Dec 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Was there a Spec Ops deal already? Other than the 50% during the whole sale?

Edit: No, there wasn't.

http://www.cheapshark.com/browse.php?storeID=0 If you click on the "i" button that appears when you hover over the titles, you can see the cheapest prices in the past and their dates. If the current one isn't the cheapest price, chances are good that the game will pop up in a daily sale or flash sale.

Also, general rule: Don't buy unless one of three conditions apply.

1. It's a flash sale.
2. It's a daily deal.
3. It's the last day of the Christmas Sale.

If either of those three apply it's 99.9999% certain it won't get any cheaper this sale. If you buy something that's now 50% off, applicable during the whole sale, and it then pops up for 75%, or even 90% off, you're gonna kick yourself. That won't happen if you disregard anything but dailys, flashes or deals on the last day (Jan 5th.).
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Wuffy » Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Note, The Walking dead still going for 12 bucks...

I bought Spec ops because I honestly don't think it's going to go on Sale, it's only chance is going to be a voted Flash sale, and I think it's going to get outvoted in favour of something else. I've only got the next couple of days off and then back to work heavy after Christmas, so I'd rather buy it now with 50% off and have a chance to play it then to wait to get a great deal and not get to play it for a long time.

It's really not light playing so It won't do well for an evening unwinding game session. :P
Last edited by Wuffy on Dec 23, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Mazille » Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Still a bit too much for me for a couple of hours of storytelling and point-and-click. I'm trying to stick to only spending what I have in my steam wallet now and that's enough for Mark of the Ninja and Spec Ops (which I will buy whatever happens) and a couple of other things that might tickle my fancy, but might run out too fast if I go for TWD. :ask: Then again, I might just go and load another 20€ into the wallet. Just to be su... NO! BAD BLOB! YOU SWORE AN OATH!

Then again, Chivalry is also 11,49€ right now. 20€ would cover those two... NO! VERY BAD BLOB!
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Mazille » Dec 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Wuffy wrote:Note, The Walking dead still going for 12 bucks...

I bought Spec ops because I honestly don't think it's going to go on Sale, it's only chance is going to be a voted Flash sale, and I think it's going to get outvoted in favour of something else. I've only got the next couple of days off and then back to work heavy after Christmas, so I'd rather buy it now with 50% off and have a chance to play it then to wait to get a great deal and not get to play it for a long time.

It's really not light playing so It won't do well for an evening unwinding game session. :P

True enough. I am very certain it will go down further, since it has already been 75% off some two weeks ago, but I can understand your reasoning. Me, I have a backlog of some 30 games now anyway (can't seem to fit much between that pesky RL and Mount&Blade), so I can deal with waiting a couple more days for it to go down to 5€, or until another sill if it won't.

Mark of the Ninja, though. That shit is mine on January 5th at the latest, whatever the fuck happens.
I also heard that Lone Survivor is really awesome and one of the best horror games since ever, not counting Amnesia. Amnesia fucking terrified me so much that I couldn't finish it, though. I'm probably not suited for the horror genre, especially if it's interactive, but then I sure would like to play a game that gets such high praise.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Wuffy » Dec 24, 2012 8:19 am

:what:

Steam_2012-12-24_15-18-01.png
Steam_2012-12-24_15-18-01.png (444.52 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 24, 2012 8:26 am

Picked up Anno 2070 for 60% off tonight.
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Wuffy » Dec 24, 2012 8:42 am

I'm trying to fight myself not to buy that one. It looks awesome though... Is it fun Matt? Please say no so I can resist....
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am

Mazille wrote:Was there a Spec Ops deal already? Other than the 50% during the whole sale?

http://www.cheapshark.com/browse.php?storeID=0 If you click on the "i" button that appears when you hover over the titles, you can see the cheapest prices in the past and their dates. If the current one isn't the cheapest price, chances are good that the game will pop up in a daily sale or flash sale.

1. It's a flash sale.
2. It's a daily deal.

If either of those three apply it's 99.9999% certain it won't get any cheaper this sale. If you buy something that's now 50% off, applicable during the whole sale, and it then pops up for 75%, or even 90% off, you're gonna kick yourself. That won't happen if you disregard anything but dailys, flashes or deals on the last day (Jan 5th.).

This just happened to me.
I bougth Anno 2070 and Saints Row 3d, yesterday for reduced price, just checked Steam: both are on daily deal today for even less €'s. :waah:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Matt8819 » Dec 24, 2012 8:45 am

Wuffy wrote:I'm trying to fight myself not to buy that one. It looks awesome though... Is it fun Matt? Please say no so I can resist....

Well, I've only played about twenty minutes of it so far, seems fun though. I'll let you know when I get a bit farther in, although that may take a while. I have like...15 games to play.
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 24, 2012 8:47 am

Wuffy wrote:I'm trying to fight myself not to buy that one. It looks awesome though... Is it fun Matt? Please say no so I can resist....

It's pretty good, sadly. ;)
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Wuffy » Dec 24, 2012 9:01 am

Durn it. Fine... I'll buy it. :grin:
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Mazille » Dec 24, 2012 9:52 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Mazille wrote:Was there a Spec Ops deal already? Other than the 50% during the whole sale?

1. It's a flash sale.
2. It's a daily deal.

This just happened to me.
I bougth Anno 2070 and Saints Row 3d, yesterday for reduced price, just checked Steam: both are on daily deal today for even less €'s. :waah:

See?

Listen to the blob. He is a wise fisheh. :nod:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#34  Postby mraltair » Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Just checked the sales;

Community choice between:
-Hitman Absolution
-Borderlands 2
-Dishonored

Flash Sale:
-Half Life Complete
-Skyrim Franchise

The big guns are out. :grin:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Mazille » Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Huh. Spec Ops is on a flash sale at 66% off right now. It has been 75% off a month ago, though. Should I sit through this and see if it goes down further this sale?

I mean, even if I don't buy it today, it's likely to come up again until the end of the sale at 66% at least, I guess. :ask:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Wuffy » Dec 25, 2012 2:54 am

50% flash sale for Hitman Borderlands and Dishonored? I got them on the daily deals it was same reduction. At least I didn't get screwed there. :P

BY the way. HOLY CRAP ANNO 20170 is Awesome.... I'm still on the main screen haven't played yet... It's dazzling me...

By the way... Who trusts an AI that says "You can trust me Implicitly" Fuck it I distrust anyone who says that.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#37  Postby SPMaximus » Dec 25, 2012 6:18 am

Mazille wrote:Huh. Spec Ops is on a flash sale at 66% off right now. It has been 75% off a month ago, though. Should I sit through this and see if it goes down further this sale?

I mean, even if I don't buy it today, it's likely to come up again until the end of the sale at 66% at least, I guess. :ask:

you could wait and hope it goes on a daily deal for like 75% off

:popcorn:
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Mazille » Dec 25, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah, I guess I will. Still, seems strange to me to have it 75% off a month ago and revert back to 66% now.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 25, 2012 9:59 am

And of course Of Orcs and Men is on daily sale. :rage:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Mazille » Dec 25, 2012 10:05 am

I heard that was a shit game.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille