What is your eating mix??

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Fallible
RS Donator
Name: Alice Pooper

Re: What is your eating mix??

Post by Fallible »

A high percentage of people have gallstones. You don't know until the pain kicks off. Then you definitely know. Eating too much fat will trigger that. It's not just blood pressure and weight which is important.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Macdoc

Post by Macdoc »

Image :roll: :coffee:

Researchers believe that gallstones may be caused by a combination of factors, including inherited body chemistry, body weight, gallbladder motility (movement), and low calorie diet.[citation needed] The absence of such risk factors does not, however, preclude the formation of gallstones.

Nutritional factors that may increase risk of gallstones include constipation; eating fewer meals per day; low intake of the nutrients folate, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin C;[15] low fluid consumption;[16] and, at least for men, a high intake of carbohydrate, a high glycemic load, and high glycemic index diet.[17] Wine and whole-grained bread may decrease the risk of gallstones.[18]

Cholesterol modifying medications can affect gallstone formation. Statins inhibit cholesterol synthesis and there is evidence that their use may decrease the risk of getting gallstone

and I have 10 mg maintenance statins and cholesterol is normal...you worry about your own choices and I'll worry about mine. Both parents reached 95 ...
:coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Fallible
RS Donator

Post by Fallible »

My dad is 84, my mum is 80. I’m very unlikely to reach either. I’m afraid it’s not as simple as that. I’m not worrying about your choices. My point is that weight and blood pressure are not the only things to think about when thinking about fat. I’m not sure what your point is with the violin or the rest.
Fallible
RS Donator

Post by Fallible »

Oh ok, I get it now. You think I said something about the formation of gallstones. I didn’t.
zulumoose

Post by zulumoose »

zulumoose";p="2609501 wrote:One week on, and I am struggling to eat the quantities I am supposed to. I am hardly ever hungry and forget to eat some of the 6 meals a day on my plan (3 are snacks). By Saturday weigh-in I had already lost 2.8kg. If I continue at even 1/3 that rate I will in 2 months be at my lowest weight in maybe 10 years, and hit goal weight in 3 months. Not likely, but encouraging that it is possible.

2 weeks on. I lost only 600g last week at my Saturday weigh-in, I think 2nd week is notorious for being low loss, so I was not too worried, my goal is 100g a day overall. I have lost 700g since Saturday already, so well on the way. I am only 800g away from the lowest I weighed last year, and that took 6 months to reach, from the same starting point at the beginning of the year. Gym and running significantly easier, so I have enough energy and protein on this diet it seems. So far so good.
aliihsanasl

Post by aliihsanasl »

Horror movie time :dance:
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Post by aliihsanasl »

Dont forget to add ketchup on it :naughty2: and btw white thing is cheddar cheese.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
zulumoose

Post by zulumoose »

Almost 2 months into my diet, I have lost 7kg so far. Can't believe how successful this is.
Macdoc

Post by Macdoc »

Long time since I had fiddleheads ....found some in Hawaii and very good with scrambled eggs.

Looks like I could haver cooked more of the stem as well but happy with first effort. :D

Also forgot to pack a french press even tho I looked at it before I came and have several :crazy: :what:

No French presses available in Hiloh :nono: even at Starbucks... :whine:

So tried a Bodum pour over .. with a fine espresso grind from Starbucks and an added paper filter....worked the charm :dance:

Working with a very small but well equipped kitchen with double hot plate ...hard to do much but eggs, bread etc will carry us. :coffee:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Oldskeptic
Location: Mormon country - Southern Utah- so fucking what? You got problem wih that ?

Post by Oldskeptic »

Macdoc";p="2606306 wrote:Homecooked

Prepackaged,

Frozen

Order in....

Eating out .......??[spoiler=hide]I enjoy good food and will eat out on occasion at upper end places.
For fast food....sucker for a Teen Burger and onion rings....love A&W rootbeer. I've found it very expensive .....$12 or so for a that combo :what:

Upper end eat out with my partner once in a while in Australia, often when travelling tho we do prefer to have a small kitchen for Air BnB. Eggs, bread, cheese carries us.

Daily tho ....a mix of frozen dinners Stouffers mostly and frozen fruit and veggies are my main sustenance. $1.99 -$2.50 gives me a variety of meals reasonably balanced ( too much pasta ) of 300 cal and then add some vegetables to some of them.
Shop once every two weeks to catch the 1/2 price deals. Hearty soups, yogurt ....a bit of Ace bread ..like my toast and jam.
Lots of from the espresso and a mix of Breton crackers, smoked salmon, cheese .....old cheddar - crumbly and sharp rounds out the feed trough.

*-Seems to work okay, weight down a bit and BP good. Love my dairy, butter and whole milk,

Evey once in a while tempted to cook but just can't get into it. :roll:

Working from home I avoid the temptation of eating out a lot. One of my long term clients took pity and sent by a holiday feast I got three meals from. :cheers:[/spoiler]
What's your mix? Home and out..... :coffee:

As Fallible said, I buy food at the market and cook it, but I grow it also. In the last year I've eaten out twice at a franchise restaurant. Both times at Olive Garden because we were invited for family occasions, a birthday and a graduation party. I agree with Marcella Hazan in that Olive Garden has some good stuff to eat but I fail to see what it has to do with Italian cooking.

My rule is simple: No franchises and no drive up windows; that and no blue or square food, it's just not natural.

I enjoy my local farmers' markets but refuse to buy inferior produce or other products just because some knuckle head thinks that they can get top dollar for ugly blemished buggy food just because they grew it in just dirt and watered it.

Buying local is great if you're buying local for quality and freshness, but not if you're buying local just to buy local. With my restaurants in my area it makes good sense to buy local corn, squash, certain fruit, tomatoes ect... at certain times a year, for freshness, quality, and cost. But not edibile orchids or oranges.

The only things out of the box or can worth eating are Kraft Mac & Cheese and Nalley Chili.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Animavore
Name: The Scribbler

Post by Animavore »

I like to listen to softer music while I'm eating. The Opeth acoustic playlist on Spotify is a good one. Also fond of RTÉ Lyric FM, Ireland's premium classical and World music station.
A most evolved electron.
LucidFlight
RS Donator
Name: Kento

Post by LucidFlight »

Animavore";p="2620154 wrote:I like to listen to softer music while I'm eating. The Opeth acoustic playlist on Spotify is a good one. Also fond of RTÉ Lyric FM, Ireland's premium classical and World music station.

I find that Boards of Canada goes very well with my scrambled eggs and bacon in the morning.

OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Post by LucidFlight »

Anyway, things wot I eat.

These fries.

This paratha.

This chopped up Snickers bar.

This rice porridge with frog legs.

This selection of oatcakes.

This plate of food.

Stay tuned for more exciting food.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Post by LucidFlight »

Had a Filet-O-Fish today. It was pretty good. A tasty fish fillet, crisp to the bite, generous smothering of tartar sauce, and a well-placed slice of processed cheese, all sandwiched in a soft bun. A piece of the bun stuck to the top of the box, but I managed to prise it off and re-patch the hole. The entire experience was pleasant and there were no feelings of regret afterwards.

Oldskeptic
Location: Mormon country - Southern Utah- so fucking what? You got problem wih that ?

Post by Oldskeptic »

LucidFlight";p="2622163 wrote:Had a Filet-O-Fish today. It was pretty good. A tasty fish fillet, crisp to the bite, generous smothering of tartar sauce, and a well-placed slice of processed cheese, all sandwiched in a soft bun. A piece of the bun stuck to the top of the box, but I managed to prise it off and re-patch the hole. The entire experience was pleasant and there were no feelings of regret afterwards.

You actually got that thing close to your mouth?
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Animavore
Name: The Scribbler

Post by Animavore »

Found out today my whole life has been a lie.

Apparently what I've always called "shepherds pie" is actually "cottage pie". And that I've actually never had "shepherds pie".

A most evolved electron.
The_Metatron
Name: Jesse

Post by The_Metatron »

Made from real cottages?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Macdoc

Post by Macdoc »

at the end of our rainy Hawaian escape
Local yogurt and muesli mixed with some bananas off the tree on the property

Drove across the island to find a bread that we were gifted with when we came ( we had other reasons to go but we did get the bread ) ….wonderful toasted with cheese.

Some bits and pieces of staples to finish off and last of an oversized Chinese American pig out yesterday.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Post by LucidFlight »

Macdoc";p="2622196 wrote:Some bits and pieces of staples to finish off and last of an oversized Chinese American pig out yesterday.

For a moment there, I was wondering what a Chinese-American pig was. :shifty:

Oldskeptic";p="2622196 wrote:
LucidFlight";p="2622163 wrote:Had a Filet-O-Fish today. It was pretty good. A tasty fish fillet, crisp to the bite, generous smothering of tartar sauce, and a well-placed slice of processed cheese, all sandwiched in a soft bun. A piece of the bun stuck to the top of the box, but I managed to prise it off and re-patch the hole. The entire experience was pleasant and there were no feelings of regret afterwards.

You actually got that thing close to your mouth?

In, around, and mushed it all around. No regrets!
BlackBart
Name: rotten bart

Post by BlackBart »

The big questions are; A. Did you 'wiiiin!' anything on the Monopoly? And B. What's the black thing to the right of the FOF? It looks like two ants making sweet love to me. :what:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand