One bang one process.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Spearthrower

Re: Mathematics a universal language.

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778504"]
No speed of light on a snooker table. Mmmmmm[/quote]

You're either delusional, or in desperate need of an elementary education.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

Is it because the language is foreign to you?
The specious witterings of the clueless is not a 'language', Paul - but it is foreign to me, as I strive to understand the world, not obfuscate it, and I also work to make sure that I am clear and concise because my ideas aren't so poorly conceived that I need to hide them behind nonsensical verbiage.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

fluttermoth

Post by fluttermoth »

I've read this entire thread, and I'm an artist, so I understand colour theory, and I'm a snooker fan.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, or what the OP is trying to say...
scott1328
Name: Some call me... Tim

Post by scott1328 »

[quote="fluttermoth";p="2778543"]I've read this entire thread, and I'm an artist, so I understand colour theory, and I'm a snooker fan.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, or what the OP is trying to say...[/quote]
Neither does the OP.
Evolving
Name: Serafina Pekkala

Post by Evolving »

Me too.

I've tried to elucidate what the OP is trying to say; it seems to amount to the fact that developments are going on in the universe, and they are driven by different factors at different times.

I have no idea what that has to do with colours or mathematics.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Greg the Grouper
Name: Patrick

Post by Greg the Grouper »

I'm pretty sure Paul's point is that color theory is an evolved form of mathematics, but only red, blue, and yellow.
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
hackenslash
Name: The Other Sweary One
Location: That niggling voice telling you you might be wrong...

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="fluttermoth";p="2778543"]I've read this entire thread, and I'm an artist, so I understand colour theory, and I'm a snooker fan.[/quote]

I'm a music industry professional who has incidentally written hundreds of thousands of words over the years on wave mechanics and the physics of sound, colour and light.

Also incidentally, in my early years working as a club entertainer, I did two years as compere at Potters, a snooker club owned by John Virgo, and frequented by quite a few professional players, and had a free table whenever I wanted one and used it. I've played a lot of snooker, in other words.
I have no idea what the point of this thread is, or what the OP is trying to say...
Nope, nor I.
The_Metatron
Name: Jesse

Post by The_Metatron »

[quote="hackenslash";p="2776501"][quote="Cito di Pense";p="2776462"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2776461"]Yes.
Without a baseline, a start point everything can be seen as a kaleidoscope that makes no sense.
What type of perspective could be used for the baseline. A train of thought.
Really want to get the colours into a reasoned scientific grounded logical order.

.[/quote]

You're a few years too late. The eminent color scientist, Roy G. Biv (deceased) put color order on a firm footing long before you were born. His initials are immortalized in the RGB color scheme currently used in computer graphics. Others have come along since then, such as Chu-Ming Yong-Kim (CMYK) and Herbert Stanton Brown (HSB). You can look it up.[/quote]

And that's just for colour on macroscopic scales. Wait till he hears about Quantum Chromodynamics...[/quote]
Don't we observe that in a thin oil slick on water?
pfrankinstein
Name: paul

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="fluttermoth";p="2778543"]I've read this entire thread, and I'm an artist, so I understand colour theory, and I'm a snooker fan.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, or what the OP is trying to say...[/quote]

An artist.

Given the ability to hear the universe close up and also from a naturalist s perspective, what would that sound be reminiscent of here on the Earth?
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

Fwwwwaaaaaarrrrrrp

pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="Greg the Grouper";p="2778547"]I'm pretty sure Paul's point is that color theory is an evolved form of mathematics, but only red, blue, and yellow.[/quote]

Because I propose three types of EVOLUTION/SELECTION.
It seems perfectly rational to explore and code each chapter with a primary colour.
So to mathematics. If a picture paints a thousand words.
How many words can the three primary colours paint if the evolution link is made?

Paul
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778585"][quote="Greg the Grouper";p="2778547"]I'm pretty sure Paul's point is that color theory is an evolved form of mathematics, but only red, blue, and yellow.[/quote]

Because I propose three types of EVOLUTION/SELECTION.
It seems perfectly rational to explore and code each chapter with a primary colour.[/quote]

Firstly, no you don't propose anything of the sort because you don't understand the concept of selection, nor of evolution.

Secondly, even if you did understand them, colour coding them just makes it look like you're doing some form of synesthesia numerology. There is quite literally nothing rational about it. Chevrons before, colour coding now - it's worse than nonsensical Paul. It's a clown show basically.

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778585"]So to mathematics. If a picture paints a thousand words. [/quote]

So to mathematics? A picture paints a thousand words, and a thread about mathematics that contains no mathematics also paints a thousand word picture, namely a study of a poster who is perfectly incompetent at mathematics.

You could, of course, prove me wrong by employing some mathematics - but we all know that's not going to happen. :lol:

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778585"]How many words can the three primary colours paint if the evolution link is made?
[/quote]

Mathematics is the language of science, but you unfortunately can't even manage the language of English.

newolder
Name: Albert Ross

Post by newolder »

[quote="Spearthrower";p="2778586"]...

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778585"]How many words can the three primary colours paint if the evolution link is made?
[/quote]

Mathematics is the language of science, but you unfortunately can't even manage the language of English.[/quote]
An attempt to translate this question into connected/linked, evolutionary, 3 colour trees (with a specific rule for evolution) was made earlier in the topic.

Paul, did you forget? :ask:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
hackenslash
Name: The Other Sweary One
Location: That niggling voice telling you you might be wrong...

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="Spearthrower";p="2778586"]Secondly, even if you did understand them, colour coding them just makes it look like you're doing some form of synesthesia numerology.[/quote]

In fact, we finally get to what Paul means by 'mathematics'. It's paint-by-numbers cosmology. I wonder what he'd make of a Feynman diagram...
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

For so long now there has been an Irrational lip service paid to one word.

You know what I mean, "this evolves "that evolves... Yet in strict scientific terms true EVOLUTION is Darwinian biological EVOLUTION.

Suppose I told you that the process of EVOLUTION began with the big bang.

Fact is if you contend the strict understanding of the subject then the Darwinian evolution process is brand new without any roots to the inorganic past.

Paul
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="newolder";p="2778588"][quote="Spearthrower";p="2778586"]...

[/quote]

Mathematics is the language of science, but you unfortunately can't even manage the language of English.[/quote]
An attempt to translate this question into connected/linked, evolutionary, 3 colour trees (with a specific rule for evolution) was made earlier in the topic.

Paul, did you forget? :ask:[/quote]
Twas brilliant, the appropriation use of colour could use some thought. Nonetheless excellent.

Paul
newolder

Post by newolder »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778593"]...
Twas brilliant, the appropriation use of colour could use some thought. Nonetheless excellent.

Paul[/quote]
What you will do with the answer is anyone's guess. In the words of Dorothy, "But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

I'm attempting to qualify a new term, phrase, concept.

Hence the snooker example.

Paul.
newolder

Post by newolder »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778595"]I'm attempting to qualify a new term, phrase, concept.

Hence the snooker example.

Paul.[/quote]
Then you might find a more suitable area after a click on 'create blog': https://www.blogger.com/
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="newolder";p="2778594"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2778593"]...

Paul[/quote]
What you will do with the answer is anyone's guess. In the words of Dorothy, "But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"[/quote]

Stood back a ways I'd probably shrink the sample by moving its start to our fully evolved solar system.

With a sharp pencil I'd separate out the three relevant types of environment and calculate their areaS.

Is their graduation in area. Any discernable pattern?

Paul.