One bang one process.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

hackenslash
Name: The Other Sweary One
Location: That niggling voice telling you you might be wrong...

Re: One bang one process.

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785266"]You have been spouting speciation[/quote]

No, I haven't, as can be seen by anybody clicking on that link. You're lying.
hackenslash

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785267"]Darwin preferred the three part mechanism to the one word.[/quote]

Nobody gives a flying fuck what Darwin preferred. What Darwin thought is almost entirely irrelevant to the modern synthesis of evolutionary theory.
pfrankinstein
Name: paul

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="hackenslash";p="2785269"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785267"]Darwin preferred the three part mechanism to the one word.[/quote]

Nobody gives a flying fuck what Darwin preferred. What Darwin thought is almost entirely irrelevant to the modern synthesis of evolutionary theory.[/quote]

Entirely irrelevant, you having ideas of grandeur.

Modern synthesis of evolution theory, have you heard yourself.

Out with the old in with the new. Ironic....No storing and passing down knowledge.

How ignorantly shall we proceed.

Charles Darwin s notes were recently handed back, should fetch millions in auction.

You feign ignorance to have a go Hack?

I hope.

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

I understood ns was multifaceted.

My Primal selection the same.

Paul.
Cito di Pense
Name: Amir Bagatelle

Post by Cito di Pense »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785272"]I understood ns was multifaceted.
[/quote]

Darwin was ignorant of molecular genetics / chemistry of nucleotides. You don't have to be, but it's apparently what you choose.

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785272"]
My Primal selection the same.[/quote]

It doesn't, evidently, include molecular genetics / chemistry of nucleotides.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
hackenslash

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785270"]Entirely irrelevant, you having ideas of grandeur.[/quote]

No, just me having the benefit of knowing more than Darwin did about evolution, thanks to the advances made since his publication amounting to more than 160 years of research into the detail of evolution that Darwin wasn't even equipped to fantasise about.

Darwin had a brilliant idea and worked hard to ensure that he didn't do what you've been doing for more than a decade and expose his general ignorance to the world at large. Nevertheless, it isn't the whole story. Darwin knew nothing of chromosomes, cellular chemistry, DNfuckingA, or a whole host of components critical to a proper understanding of evolution. Newton called it standing on the shoulders of giants, and Darwin is certainly one of the giants on whose shoulders I'm standing, but I simply know things about evolution he didn't even dream about. And I'm a dilettante when it comes to evolution. It's not even my area of interest.
Yes, i.e., the evolutionary theory that captures all the factors in population resampling besides just selection, and that incorporates Mendelian inheritance and genetic drift and different modes of speciation and macroevolutionary processes that go beyond just speciation; all of which are detailed in that post I linked to.
Out with the old in with the new. Ironic....No storing and passing down knowledge.
Star don't know things, and nor do stellar nebulae. Epistemology is not something that stars are significantly concerned with.
Well, you've been setting that bar for as long as our records regress, so I'll take that question as rhetorical, especially since it's missing the interrogative.
Charles Darwin s notes were recently handed back, should fetch millions in auction.
Fascinating, if that's the sort of thing that interests you. Not remotely of relevance to evolution, though.
No, I LARP knowledge to have a go.
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785257"][quote="Spearthrower";p="2785239"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785226"][quote="newolder";p="2785224"]Paul.

Apart from The Universe you could try "beebles" if you want a single word but note that "beebles" is already plural and will require some unpacking soon after it's been used.[/quote]

The quote "An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid." is popularly attributed to Lord Rutherford of Nelson in as stated in Einstein, the Man and His Achievement By G. J. Whitrow, Dover Press 1973. Einstein is unlikely to have said it since his theory of relativity was very abstract and based on sophisticated mathematics.

Paul[/quote]

Are you a barmaid, Paul?[/quote]

Can you explain the process of evolution to an average common man or woman?

Paul.[/quote]

I don't know what an 'average common man or woman' is, but assuming it just means 'someone with no prior knowledge' then yes, absolutely.

Is this equivalent to educating you, or someone like you, about evolution? No, because the assumption of the fictitious person with no prior knowledge is that they're not arrogant along with their ignorance, and don't keep insisting that their stupid, ignorant take supersedes real world information.

The notional barmaid isn't just a stand in for someone who isn't expected to know a given topic, but there's also an assumption albeit not stated explicitly, that the notional barmaid isn't arrogant, motivated to spend years arguing their ignorance with strangers, or prepared to make shit up as they go along, denying what they're informed in favour of the inane make-believe they think strokes their ego.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785258"]
In slow motion "Descent with modification by means of Primal selection" is a three part mechanism.

Actually in real time the mechanism is constant and the three part, instant and simulations. One.

The confusion would be yours.

Paul.[/quote]

The noises coming out of the wrong end of your digestive tract are convincing no one of your claims, but showing yet again how arrogantly ignorant you are.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785263"]Shall we change tack hack, instead of starting the single process from bang, let's move it on to the solar system evolving. .
[/quote]

The inherent assumption there being that you've got something worth saying. Your assumption is false.

Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785267"]Darwin preferred the three part mechanism to the one word.

Just saying.

Paul.[/quote]

No. Your ability to declare something doesn't make it true.

Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785270"][quote="hackenslash";p="2785269"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785267"]Darwin preferred the three part mechanism to the one word.[/quote]

Nobody gives a flying fuck what Darwin preferred. What Darwin thought is almost entirely irrelevant to the modern synthesis of evolutionary theory.[/quote]

I hope.

Paul.[/quote]

Outright ignorance masquerading as knowledge purely to feed your ego. You come here to spout shit at strangers as if that means you're doing something of worth. Really, you are a barmaid - so shut your trap luv, and pour us a pint.

Cito di Pense
Name: Amir Bagatelle

Post by Cito di Pense »

[quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785270"]
Out with the old in with the new. Ironic....No storing and passing down knowledge.[/quote]

Coming from somebody who's having trouble keeping up, this "traditionalist" take is not unexpected. You know nothing of storing and passing down knowledge if you don't understand why and how updates are issued and stuff gets discarded. So, among other things, your perspective is that of the guy who won't throw anything away. I don't want to see what your closets look like, Paul.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
hackenslash

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="Spearthrower";p="2785285"]shut your trap luv, and pour us a pint.[/quote]

I thought the proper mode of address in such a situation was 'a flagon of your finest frothing ale please, comely serving wench'?
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

The froth comes whether you order it or not.

hackenslash

Post by hackenslash »

[quote="Cito di Pense";p="2785289"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785270"]
Out with the old in with the new. Ironic....No storing and passing down knowledge.[/quote]

Coming from somebody who's having trouble keeping up, this "traditionalist" take is not unexpected. You know nothing of storing and passing down knowledge if you don't understand why and how updates are issued and stuff gets discarded. So, among other things, your perspective is that of the guy who won't throw anything away. I don't want to see what your closets look like, Paul.[/quote]

pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="Cito di Pense";p="2785274"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785272"]I understood ns was multifaceted.
[/quote]

Darwin was ignorant of molecular genetics / chemistry of nucleotides. You don't have to be, but it's apparently what you choose.

It doesn't, evidently, include molecular genetics / chemistry of nucleotides.[/quote]

It's that multi perspective thing again bar keep.

Variation in frequency and expression.

Yours is to understand how biology works, mine is to understand the process of Evolution.

But then you can not understand the difference between cause the process and effect. speciation.

Does a man need to read music to appreciate a song?

Paul
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="Cito di Pense";p="2785274"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785272"]I understood ns was multifaceted.
[/quote]

It doesn't, evidently, include molecular genetics / chemistry of nucleotides.[/quote]

Stop rubbing up against my leg with your superior knowledge.

Ever stuck your head in a protoplantery disc and see how it evolves?

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

Something happened here, we have a variety of planets, cordon off the perimeter.

What process caused that?

Paul.
newolder
Name: Albert Ross

Post by newolder »

There is no perimeter. Remember Oumuamua?
Also, there are rogue planets ejected from their 'home' systems, rogue stars ejected from their 'home' galaxies and rogue galaxies rattling about the place. Don't forget to look up!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
pfrankinstein

Post by pfrankinstein »

[quote="Spearthrower";p="2785285"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785270"][quote="hackenslash";p="2785269"][quote="pfrankinstein";p="2785267"]Darwin preferred the three part mechanism to the one word.[/quote]

I hope.

Paul.[/quote]

Outright ignorance masquerading as knowledge purely to feed your ego. You come here to spout shit at strangers as if that means you're doing something of worth. Really, you are a barmaid - so shut your trap luv, and pour us a pint.[/quote]

Spout shit at strangers.

Title .... music to worms......

Paul.