Challenges to an Agnostic

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

User avatar
scott1328
Posts: 8849
Joined: Oct 09, 2012 1:38 am
Name: Some call me... Tim

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by scott1328 »

archibald";p="2670827 wrote:
scott1328";p="2670826 wrote:
archibald";p="2670821 wrote:
scherado";p="2668308 wrote:Are you persuaded?


No. Should I be? It's not much of a challenge. As someone else said, the odds of it happening are a LOT lower than winning the lottery, and that happens to someone almost every week, in several countries.

What else you got? :)

Holy shit, it’s archibald! Back after a year’s absence. This must surely be a sign from God!


Believe it scott. And the winning lottery numbers are 34, 23, 1, 42, 45 and 36.

Wait.. you won the lottery? Can I have some?
archibald
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am
Country: Northern Ireland

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by archibald »

Scott, I'm god. I don't need to win lotteries.

I'm just giving you lot a heads up. It's part of a new policy initiative I'm trialling this month called 'Conversion Of Nonbelievers' (I think the acronym has a nice ring to it, even if I do say so myself). In January I'm reviving an oldie version of something similar, from just over a decade ago. It involves targeted coincidences. Opening a book at a random page and stuff. It was very successful. You have no idea how many suckers I landed with that one.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
Posts: 14774
Joined: Jul 27, 2010 5:11 pm
Name: Makes Fails

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by SafeAsMilk »

It's really nice to see you around again, archibald :)
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
archibald
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am
Country: Northern Ireland

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by archibald »

SafeAsMilk";p="2670838 wrote:It's really nice to see you around again, archibald :)


Bless you my son.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
Posts: 23973
Joined: Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Country: Wink-Wink

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by Ironclad »

Welcome home :)
Belated merry Christmas to you
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
User avatar
Thommo
Posts: 27479
Joined: Mar 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by Thommo »

Welcome back Archibald! :cheers:

And a Happy New Year.
User avatar
romansh
Posts: 3189
Joined: May 01, 2010 9:03 pm
Country: BC Can (in the woods)
Contact:

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by romansh »

archibald";p="2670830 wrote:Scott, I'm god. I don't need to win lotteries.

I'm just giving you lot a heads up. It's part of a new policy initiative I'm trialling this month called 'Conversion Of Nonbelievers' (I think the acronym has a nice ring to it, even if I do say so myself). In January I'm reviving an oldie version of something similar, from just over a decade ago. It involves targeted coincidences. Opening a book at a random page and stuff. It was very successful. You have no idea how many suckers I landed with that one.

I am reminded of Uri Geller and his stopping clocks. He claimed on the tele he could stop clocks. As he did his CoN, the calls poured in to the TV station. Indeed clocks had stopped all over the country.


I think your CoN could catch on ... and it will be challenge for agnostics all over the world.

Welcome back to some arbitrary point in space.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
archibald
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am
Country: Northern Ireland

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by archibald »

romansh";p="2670846 wrote:I am reminded of Uri Geller and his stopping clocks. He claimed on the tele he could stop clocks. As he did his CoN, the calls poured in to the TV station. Indeed clocks had stopped all over the country.


I'm sure you've noticed that I didn't say which lottery, or when. ;)
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
TopCat
Posts: 872
Joined: Dec 24, 2014 5:09 pm
Country: England

Re: Challenges to an Agnostic

Post by TopCat »

archibald";p="2670979 wrote:
romansh";p="2670846 wrote:I am reminded of Uri Geller and his stopping clocks. He claimed on the tele he could stop clocks. As he did his CoN, the calls poured in to the TV station. Indeed clocks had stopped all over the country.


I'm sure you've noticed that I didn't say which lottery, or when. ;)

Or that the numbers even came up in the same lottery, obvs :)
Post Reply