Biological research.

Is it possible to eventually do biological research in my life.

Evolution, Natural Selection, Medicine, Psychology & Neuroscience.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Biological research.

#1  Postby Deist513 » Nov 15, 2020 6:35 am

So long story short I am 32, and I only have an associates in the states in the natural sciences. Originally I was going for nursing, but withdrew and decided to pursue lab work. So basically I am right now on disability due to two chronic illnesses. I am in a program called ticket to work which is helping me to pursue some entry level lab position at this point. I would like to eventually go further in my career than entry level, but I do not know if this will ever be possible. I discovered a love for science particuarly biology later in life in my early twenties opting for trade jobs that I eventually lost making my desicion to go back to college. So any advice moving forward on how to pursue this would be appreciated.
Deist513

Name: Andrew Gavin

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Biological research.

#2  Postby Challenger007 » Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm

If you have chronic diseases, then you need to keep them under control. I have hypothyroidism myself. If I break the intake of drugs, I am killed during the working day and generally exhausted, because this is one of the signs of hypothyroidism - fatigue, and also irritability and everything else in the bouquet. It also affects my joints. Therefore, if you strive for development in the profession, you need to keep your diseases in check. Again, it depends on what kind of disease you have. They are not at all compatible with these types of work.
Challenger007

Name: Alex Johnson

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Biological Sciences