Brazilian priest charged with pedophilia

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Brazilian priest charged with pedophilia

#1  Postby Sityl » Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

BRAZILIAN authorities overnight charged a 74-year-old Catholic priest with pedophilia after eight children in his church choir accused him of sexual abuse.

Father Jose Afonso De is being prosecuted for allegedly assaulting children aged 12 to 16, Sao Paulo state's public prosecutor's office said.

He has denied the allegations but has been suspended by his diocese.

The indictment adds another smear to the Catholic Church's reputation worldwide as it struggles with a series of pedophile accusations against its priests in the Americas and Europe.

There is more at...

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/br ... 5859708133
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Brazilian priest charged with pedophilia

#2  Postby Keyser Soze » Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

What's really depressing is that as more & more of these stories come out, I am becoming numb to them. We're getting so used to this that we almost have no reaction any more. :puke:
"...it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." (Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, 1871)
Keyser Soze

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby pennypitstop » May 04, 2010 11:58 am

Keyser Soze wrote:What's really depressing is that as more & more of these stories come out, I am becoming numb to them. We're getting so used to this that we almost have no reaction any more. :puke:

Some times I feel the same but then I remember the old Irish guy in a video posted up by Thunderf00t on Youtube. He's right at the end (5:02), you can still hear the scared little boy in his voice. Everyone of those children raped and tortured need a voice to be heard, to vent the pain, fear and anger they went through.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpmeX6lwZc[/youtube]
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby natselrox » May 04, 2010 12:41 pm

^ That was touching. "Pa, this requires action!"
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#5  Postby DaveDodo007 » May 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Aren't we getting near the tipping point were the headlines are catholic priest of 50 years service didn't rape or abuse children. You know man bites dog sort of thing.
As long as your ideology identifies the main source of the world's ills as a definable group, it opens the world up to genocide. -Steven Pinker.
DaveDodo007
Banned Troll

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity