Catholic bashing in Britain

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Catholic bashing in Britain

#1  Postby Simon_Gardner » Apr 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Image (Since 27 Nov 1987)
Dates - YYYY/MM/DD; measure metric scientific.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts - attrib Patrick Moynihan
Simon_Gardner

Name: Twitter @Simon_Gardner

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Catholic bashing in Britain

#2  Postby Matt_B » Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Of course we shouldn't needlessly bash Catholics. Why bother when there are plenty of legitimate grounds for criticism?

However, if remarking upon institutionalised child abuse, homophobia, sexism, a blatant disregard for scientific evidence, an indefensible position on condom use and AIDS, etc. is Catholic bashing, then long may it continue in this country.
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#3  Postby trubble76 » Apr 27, 2010 3:14 pm

That whole article could have been tidied up a little to this "Catholics, there's fucking loads of them, we better be nice"

I reserve my right to bash any organisations i find disgusting, as well as the members of those organisations, just as anyone has the right to bash me (in the non-physical sense ofc) if they find my opinions disgusting.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby james1v » Apr 27, 2010 3:17 pm

My arse! If the CofE, Islam, Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, Jews or any other organisation was in the news for committing these acts, they would receive the same criticism. The catholic church, like all the rest (when they are found doing something wrong) play the victim card on behalf of their parishioners. Well, here's some news for the catholic church...
Of all the people i know, it is those who are catholics who seem the most critical about the Vatican/priests who have been involved in the latest criminality. Stop using the lie that your congregation is being victimised to gain sympathy for you (the Vatican) you bunch of wankers! Its your congregation that are turning on you! :coffee:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Paul G » Apr 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Fuck off. You're criticised heaveily because you're cunts. The more you whine and demand special treatment, the more abuse you will get. Welcome to the 21st Centure, bitches.
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#6  Postby chairman bill » Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

'Bashing' catholicism is not the same as 'bashing' catholics. An important distinction, though maybe too subtle for the deluded
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby james1v » Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

chairman bill wrote:'Bashing' catholicism is not the same as 'bashing' catholics. An important distinction, though maybe too subtle for the deluded

Oh i think the Vatican knows that, they just twist the truth, as always. :cheers:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Animavore » Apr 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Says the woman who bashes atheists.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9  Postby DoctorE » Apr 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Love the Catholics, hate Catholicism...
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Matt_B » Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Animavore wrote:Says the woman who bashes atheists.

Yep. Not exactly a woman who practices what she preaches, eh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... m-religion
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#11  Postby mindyourmind » Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Paul G wrote:Fuck off. You're criticised heaveily because you're cunts. The more you whine and demand special treatment, the more abuse you will get. Welcome to the 21st Centure, bitches.

That is simply beautiful ... I am overcome by emotion ..... thank you :whine:
So the reason why God created the universe, including millions of years of human and animal suffering, and the extinction of entire species, is so that some humans who have passed his test can be with him forever. I see.
mindyourmind

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#12  Postby lordshipmayhem » Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Matt_B wrote:Of course we shouldn't needlessly bash Catholics. Why bother when there are plenty of legitimate grounds for criticism?

:thumbup:
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity