S.E. Cupp on being a conservative "atheist"

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

S.E. Cupp on being a conservative "atheist"

#1  Postby DoctorE » Sep 09, 2013 9:38 am

:yuk:
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: S.E. Cupp on being a conservative "atheist"

#2  Postby Beatrice » Sep 09, 2013 9:53 am

Her point of view is "nuanced" :lol:
Phew... for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself.....
"GOD" is an acronym which stands for "GOD Over Djinn".
Beatrice
RS Donator

Name:
Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby The_Piper » Sep 09, 2013 11:01 am

The little rotating light on my bullshit meter is whirling around right now. Maybe it's just broken.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby zulumoose » Sep 09, 2013 11:05 am

She agrees with "Pretty much all of the ten commandments"?

Guess she hasn't read them recently, like most christians. I don't see how you can be an atheist and agree with more than 6 as unconditional principles to live by, more likely 4.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5  Postby chairman bill » Sep 09, 2013 11:07 am

Never heard of her before. I suspect that the accomodationist stance vis a vis religion, is a necessary part of being a right-winger in the US
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Shrunk » Sep 09, 2013 11:09 am

She "agrees with pretty much all of the Ten Commandments"? Including these ones?

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Or does she think 60% qualifies as "pretty much all"?
Last edited by Shrunk on Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7  Postby chairman bill » Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am

She doesn't cook a lamb in its mother's milk though. Gotta give her that one.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby laklak » Sep 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Neither do I; it's really tough to find sheep milk around here.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#9  Postby scott1328 » Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Ironclad » Sep 09, 2013 10:45 pm

laklak wrote:Neither do I; it's really tough to find sheep milk around here.

What you need to do is to find a sheep, it's easier when you get one of those. The milk is hidden underneath it.
:D
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Shrunk » Sep 10, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm willing to bet her "20 year project" eventually ends up with Christ at exactly the same time her "I'm a conservative atheist!" gravy train stops running.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 10, 2013 11:22 pm

I expect she would have stopped pretending to be an atheist by now, I guess that's one helluva gravy train!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Shrunk » Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Ed Brayton makes some good points about this video. Actually, they're pretty well the same points I made. 8-)
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#14  Postby purplerat » Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm

And you know what? I would never vote for an atheist president. Ever… Because I do not think that someone who represents 5 to 10 percent of the population should be representing and thinking that everyone else in the world is crazy, but me…

Which president actually represents more than a few percent of the population? Presidents are exceptional people (or at least they should be). To expect the US President to be an 'average joe' or representative of a significant percentage of the population is asinine. And if they think the rest of the population is crazy that's certainly not as bad as thinking most of the country deserves to burn in hell.

I like that there is a check, OK? That there‘s a person in the office that doesn’t think he’s bigger than the state… I like religion being a check and knowing that my president goes home every night addressing someone above him and not thinking all the power resides right here… Atheists don’t have that.

This is rather ironic considering the right-wing argument against a Catholic president has been precisely the concern that such a president would be answering to someone above him, namely the Pope.
Last edited by purplerat on Sep 11, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I looooove religious conservatives. Just love 'em. They think Joe blow the common man should be in office, yet they only ever elect rich oil barons. I wonder why that is?

And you know what? I would never vote for an atheist president. Ever… Because I do not think that someone who represents 5 to 10 percent of the population should be representing and thinking that everyone else in the world is crazy, but me…

Don't worry, any atheist president (or any real atheist for that matter) worth his salt could see you're crazy too.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby physalis17 » Sep 13, 2013 9:03 am

Mwah Mwah Mwah! I see she's still doing what she does best; kissing Christian ass. I remember the first time I saw her on Youtube. Sean Hannity had such a chubby I thought he was going to spooge all over her face as she was stroking his Christian ego.
"It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And, worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so."

-C.S. Lewis
physalis17

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 14, 2013 3:11 am

All over her Cupp.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Goldenmane » Sep 14, 2013 3:32 am

One Cupp... still full of shit.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#19  Postby Mick » Sep 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Black sheep effect in full force here. Go get her, guys! How dare she not toe the line.
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#20  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 16, 2013 5:28 pm

:lol: You wish. Congrats on being completely fooled by a real life obvious troll!
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity