What Women Shouldn't Wear

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

What Women Shouldn't Wear

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jul 29, 2011 7:38 am

Yea lady, cover up, wear a burqa; Thank you very much.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kt6vqtKBCs[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: What Women Shouldn't Wear

#2  Postby Simon Bailey » Jul 29, 2011 8:31 am

Oh no. I shouldn't have listened to that. She's a woman, I'm a man, so she shouldn't be teaching me.

And she's got short hair, which is sexual perversion and would never have been allowed in the early church.
Simon Bailey

Print view this post

#3  Postby cavarka9 » Jul 29, 2011 9:13 am

DoctorE wrote:Yea lady, cover up, wear a burqa; Thank you very much.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kt6vqtKBCs[/youtube]

The one thing I really dont understand about Christians is the nauseating manner in which they speak, the sheer arrogance to command even in persuasion.Is it a psychology thingy which they have learnt through practice that it works?.
"you have power to control or destroy" :lol: .

I believe in dressing appropriately for the occasion.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2011 9:26 am

How you dress really matters to God.

Oh look, another vapid statement about the preferences of a being that's outside the realms of even establishing its existence. When the Lions of this forum carefully push their god out of the knowledge of scientific evidence, they should be obliged to address this clap-trap and tell their fellow Christians to shut the fuck up telling others what god wants.

Keep those intimate parts of your body a secret for the glory of God.

Nauseating. Not only does she know what god wants, but she seems to presume that god wants to keep the fun bits just for himself.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby Simon Bailey » Jul 29, 2011 9:34 am

It is arrogant, but she's saying all this because a man made a comment to her. She's being obedient; a good little girl, a faithful deputy in a hierarchical system. So she doesn't think she's being arrogant, and her manner isn't hectoring or bullying. Instead there's the horrible smugness of the person who tells tales, the class snitch.

When Jesus talked about the Pharisees as blind guides who put heavy burdens on others, I think he had people like this in mind. It's the transferring of fear. She's terrified that male sexuality will get out of control because of women provoking it (you've got nothing to worry about, dear) and puts that burden on her hearers. It's revolting on so many levels.
Simon Bailey

Print view this post

#6  Postby pennypitstop » Jul 29, 2011 9:35 am

Hey lady... Fuck off.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby cavarka9 » Jul 29, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks, I thought I was the only one who "felt" it.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#8  Postby BlueIndian » Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am

Spearthrower wrote:

Nauseating. Not only does she know what god wants, but she seems to presume that god wants to keep the fun bits just for himself.

Not just for god but if you are married, for the good of your husband. What about your own sensuality and pleasure? What is " for the good of your husband" . Shouldn't that be his pleasure as well? I totally agree with pennypitstop. I have listened politely to to many of these people in my life time.
BlueIndian

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

BlueIndian wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Not just for god but if you are married, for the good of your husband. What about your own sensuality and pleasure? What is " for the good of your husband" . Shouldn't that be his pleasure as well? I totally agree with pennypitstop. I have listened politely to to many of these people in my life time.

I can't listen politely to people like this - presumably that makes me a strident, militant, shrill, psychopathic atheist.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#10  Postby Animavore » Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

If I looked like her I'd cover up too.

Oh c'mon! You were all thinking it.

:hide:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11  Postby DoctorE » Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am

Animavore wrote:If I looked like her I'd cover up too.

Oh c'mon! You were all thinking it.

:hide:

Guilty... lack of free will made me do it
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#12  Postby quisquose » Jul 29, 2011 10:37 am

pennypitstop wrote:Hey lady... Fuck off.

Eloquently said.
quisquose
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#13  Postby Scarlett » Jul 29, 2011 10:43 am

I like seeing nice boobs, they're nice to look at, does she want to take away my freedom to do this?

Why is the skin on a midriff any different to skin on a hand? or face for that matter?

Upper legs too? FFS, see above.

"Your wardrobe is a reflection of your personal and private motivation"? Really? I mean fucking really?

"Keep your private bits private for the good of your husband"? That was worse than keeping it for the "glory of god".

Oooooh, all those husband stealers in the audience are fucked! I reckon the husbands who fuck them will get away with it because it was the slutty women who led them astray.

As Penny said, fuck off lady!
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2011 11:20 am

I can see boobs without being sexually stimulated. Why can't these Christians? Perhaps they're right that without God they wouldn't be moral - because they clearly have no ability to formulate their own thoughts or control their own behaviour.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Simon Bailey » Jul 29, 2011 11:28 am

I think it's more that they see morality as a competition. It's not really about leading a life that's good for others, it's about being better than others and looking down on them. Collecting moral Brownie points.
Simon Bailey

Print view this post

#16  Postby Scarlett » Jul 29, 2011 11:46 am

Simon Bailey wrote:I think it's more that they see morality as a competition. It's not really about leading a life that's good for others, it's about being better than others and looking down on them. Collecting moral Brownie points.

My ex mother in law was the same type of smug christian as the woman in the film. She hated me because I wore short skirts and drank alcohol and smoked. worst of all I was a young single parent when I met her son. She treated me like shit despite the fact that I was in fact a really good mum and a pretty good person. She was quite possibly the most spiteful person I have ever met, she showed none of the compassion and forgiveness that she and her cronies bleated about.

It wasn't until she was in her last days dying of cancer that she finally made some attempt to bond with me. Despite her being such a bitch, I was the one who was fetching her nice things into the hospital, painting her nails and buying her head coverings for her to try to cover her sparse hair. Maybe she had her own death bed rethink.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am

Simon Bailey wrote:I think it's more that they see morality as a competition. It's not really about leading a life that's good for others, it's about being better than others and looking down on them. Collecting moral Brownie points.

I've certainly noticed that with some posters here.... but most Christians I know, including family and friends, just aren't like that! I do have a cousin who is precisely as you outlined: if she doesn't 'god bless you' or 'praise god' at the end of every few sentences, it's like she hasn't rammed her moral superiority down your throat sufficiently.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#18  Postby BlueIndian » Jul 29, 2011 12:03 pm

And it's about power and control over others. They love it. Telling everyone what to think, what to do, what to wear. At the same time they have this self righteous better than thou attitude and then cap it off with directions on how to be humble. :lol: Just realised how much I fucking hate them!
BlueIndian

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19  Postby quisquose » Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

It's this "moral competitiveness" that's part of the problem. Each of them trying to collect moral Brownie points as you say, with little consideration for whether the points are actually moral or not.

Theists competing with each other in their attempts to collect these moral Brownie points by restricting what they wear, what they eat, and other things that don't actualy contribute to a moral society at all, might seem trivial, but it all feeds into the same bullshit. The bullshit that ultimately provides an excuse for the suicide bomber who believes he/she is collecting moral Brownie points.

I got pissed with a friend recently when he referred to a work colleague of his as a "moral Muslim" merely because she strictly adhered to her cult's uniform and dietary requirements. He conceded to my pissedoffness, but the fact that another atheist can lazily concur with their dogma is worrying. It shows how entrenched the religious virus is.
quisquose
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby cavarka9 » Jul 29, 2011 12:18 pm

BlueIndian wrote:

And it's about power and control over others. They love it. Telling everyone what to think, what to do, what to wear. At the same time they have this self righteous better than thou attitude and then cap it off with directions on how to be humble. :lol: Just realised how much I fucking hate them!

But it is a pretty impressive arsenal isnt it, in being able to come out and throw these strange cognitive net to trap people thinking on these issues, some or the other version along these lines has helped keep humanity under control for a very long time.
I am impressed by this kind of manipulation of the mind, a very grotesque form but nonetheless like praising say, a horror movie.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity