The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

#161  Postby aspire1670 » May 12, 2010 7:21 pm

[quote="Morien";p="195755"][/quote]

Snipped all the hand waving, amusing though it was to behold because it tells us nothing about the question in hand which is 'was the WTC brought down by controlled explosions.' Now, any evidence that supports your hypothesis that the WTC was brought down by controlled explosions? Hint, no one has provided any as yet so you have a real chance to shine. Go for it champ. :coffee:
psikeyhackr wrote: Physics is not rhetorical pseudo-logic crap.

I removed this signature at the request of another member.
aspire1670

Male

Print view this post

#162  Postby Morien » May 12, 2010 7:23 pm

uke2se wrote:
Morien wrote:
Yes I have..and my eye-witness reports are clearly posted in this thread...Those following will know better than to take your word on faith...DUH!

You have a few eyewitness reports to put up against technical evidence. Uhm... you lose.

You are evidently incapable of refuting the eyewitness reports, and have no fucking clue what a load of codswallop is offered in lieu of cogent technical evidence..Which is why you haven't offered any, yourself...

Morien wrote:
Those who have read my links provided will see what the witnesses I cite have to say about debris...and we have already discussed ad nauseum the floating quarter ton engine...

Again, a few eye witnesses against technical evidence.

See above re: technical evidence...most of which you haven't offered or explained...Don't ask for help, either...

Morien wrote:
All of which has been refuted..if you'd care to read the links I have provided...I'll not get caught in the trap of repeating my evidence because you fail to comprehend...that is your issue, nobody elses...

Not refuted with evidence. Just dismissed.
[/quote]

No refuted.

Morien wrote:
Not that you'd care to read or post it, but the refutations contained in the link I produced earlier are plentiful, and not restricted to the words of one witness you have selectively and disingenuously cited....fail...

This is the refutation contained in the link you provided to refute the Popular Mechanics article. Fail.
[/quote]

No..it isn't..EPIC fail....

Morien wrote:
Waaait a minute...NOT! Popular Mechanics provided questionnable evidence for the reasons I cited, but you selectively (in your idiotic cut'n'paste) have omitted

My "idiotic" cut and paste is a word for word quote from your link about Flight 93. This is what you cited.

If it were, it would supply reasons for the lack of veracity in the Popular Mechanics article....again fail...

Morien wrote:Jumbo's evidence is bullshit...I find more credibility in the eye-witness accounts that I provided.

Yes, Jumbo's evidence is bullshit because you damned well say so, right? Eye witnesses against technical evidence. Guess what would be deemed of greater value in a court of law, not to mention a scientific investigation.

No...read the fucking thread! Jumbos evidence was proven to be a sad sack of shit by Galazxian....again..such evidence occupies your intellectaul blind spot...which gets bigger by the minute...

Morien wrote:
Except that this 'confetti' was found up to eight miles away...Impossible, as evidence provided above by Galaxian proves...

Not impossible, as evidence provided by me and Jumbo proves. Galaxian hasn't provided any evidence any more than you have provided evidence.
[/quote]

Yes..impossible..and you have provided fuck all evidence to counter, that which was provided by Jumbo was trashed by Galaxian...get a grip for fuck sake...

Morien wrote:
There is no 'comspiracy theory' author as you so redundantly claim, as you redundantly claim in a childish effort to line up all your ducks and categorise...The authors of the piece jsut don't believe the bollocks set before them, like many of us, without offering any countering theory...

That's what I said. A conspiracy theorist JAQing off.

Back to your playground kiddie-speak, are we...?

Morien wrote:Which article..? Quotation marks are in order...Youir statements ahve been proven untrustworthy and unverifiable...

Again, word for word from your link. If you don't trust your own link, maybe you shouldn't post it.

Yaaawwn...more bollocks totally lacking context...

Morien wrote:Blah, blah..fucking blaah!

Yaawwnn!

That seems to be the quality of evidence we have come to expect from you.

Seems to be...you have consistently proven that you are a judge of fuck all (but you are good at kiddie speak and when you use your catch -all 'truther' crutch').

Morien wrote:
Yes. Plenty of evidence has been offered in the posts I made (above). Your selective appraisal of them means ni=othing, as your interpretation has already been proven error prone and selective.

I copied your link word for word. I think I've gone above and beyond in attempting to prove your argument for you. I did not succeed in that, as the link you provided didn't contain what you said it contained.

Again..I provided several links..you have provided scant few, yet seem to content to use your crutches, and pour scorn over anything else offered to counter, without the ability to constructively do so...

Morien wrote:
Grandstanding...again?

Just summarizing where we stand on claims and evidence.

Your bullshit summary..FWIW...

For those interested, here is a good debunking of many of the myths surrounding flight 93. Among other things, a lot of eye witness testimonies, which, according to Morien, should be taken as more important than technical evidence.

You see, you just cannot surmise an argument with any degree of reliability, can you?...WHERE did I state that eye-witness accounts are more inmportant than technical evidence? I would call you a liar, but I don't have to..the evidence is there for all to see
Morien

Male

Print view this post

#163  Postby Morien » May 12, 2010 7:27 pm

aspire1670 wrote:
Morien wrote:

Snipped all the hand waving, amusing though it was to behold because it tells us nothing about the question in hand which is 'was the WTC brought down by controlled explosions.' Now, any evidence that supports your hypothesis that the WTC was brought down by controlled explosions? Hint, no one has provided any as yet so you have a real chance to shine. Go for it champ. :coffee:

A fucking lame attempt at changing the subject..HEY catch up!..we are discussing something else regarding 911, right now.

And I have not stated anything regarding the Twin Towers and controlled explosions so your saying that I have concocted 'a hypothesis' is just more misappropriated delusional bullshit... :roll:
Morien

Male

Print view this post

#164  Postby uke2se » May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Morien wrote:
You are evidently incapable of refuting the eyewitness reports, and have no fucking clue what a load of codswallop is offered in lieu of cogent technical evidence..Which is why you haven't offered any, yourself...

The eyewitness reports are refuted by the technical evidence which several of us have provided to you in this thread.

Morien wrote:
See above re: technical evidence...most of which you haven't offered or explained...Don't ask for help, either...

Technical evidence has been offered by me and others in this thread. You denying it doesn't change that fact.

Morien wrote:
No refuted.

Not with evidence. Anecdotal evidence doesn't trump technical evidence, just FYI.

Morien wrote:

Yes it is. Are you now denying that what I copy pasted came from your link?

Morien wrote:
If it were, it would supply reasons for the lack of veracity in the Popular Mechanics article....again fail...

It doesn't supply those reasons because those reasons aren't there. It's really really simple for you to prove me wrong. All you have to do is to quote the relevant part. I have asked you to do so four times so far in this thread. Thus far, you have refused.

Morien wrote:
No...read the fucking thread! Jumbos evidence was proven to be a sad sack of shit by Galazxian....again..such evidence occupies your intellectaul blind spot...which gets bigger by the minute...

No, it wasn't. Galaxian hasn't provided any evidence. Like you, he has provided truther speculation and anecdotal evidence, none of which trumps the technical evidence. Again, it is really easy for you to prove me wrong. Just repost the evidence.

Morien wrote:
Yes..impossible..and you have provided fuck all evidence to counter, that which was provided by Jumbo was trashed by Galaxian...get a grip for fuck sake...

Galaxian has provided no evidence that refutes the fact that it is possible for light material to be carried by winds for 8 miles and beyond. In fact, I can prove that fact right now:

This is Saharan sand being blown by winds to the Canary Islands, which are more than eight miles from the coast of Africa. Thus I have proven that light material can be carried by winds for more than eight miles. Do you require further evidence that light material can be carried by winds for more than eight miles?

Morien wrote:

While I feel like I am talking to a child in this thread, this isn't kiddie-speak. It's an accurate assessment for your behaviour.

Morien wrote:

Word for word copied from your link. Not really looking good for your "evidence" when even you dismiss it.

Morien wrote:
Seems to be...you have consistently proven that you are a judge of fuck all (but you are good at kiddie speak and when you use your catch -all 'truther' crutch').

I have provided technical evidence (ignored by you), while you have provided truther speculation and anecdotal evidence. A rational person would quickly see which of us has been a better judge of evidence.

Morien wrote:
Again..I provided several links..you have provided scant few, yet seem to content to use your crutches, and pour scorn over anything else offered to counter, without the ability to constructively do so...

You provided exactly one (1) link in your dismissal of the Popular Mechanics article. Here is your post:

Ummm...and if you recall correctly, the Popular mechanics propoganda was dismissed;

http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/pm/

Link

Morien wrote:

It's quite accurate. If you want, you can provide your own summary if you feel as though I missed anything.

Morien wrote:
You see, you just cannot surmise an argument with any degree of reliability, can you?...WHERE did I state that eye-witness accounts are more inmportant than technical evidence? I would call you a liar, but I don't have to..the evidence is there for all to see

You have not said so outright, but you attempt to refute our technical evidence with eyewitness testimonies. You have done so several times in this thread. Do you wish me to list the instances?
uke2se

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#165  Postby aspire1670 » May 12, 2010 7:42 pm

aspire1670

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby wunksta » May 12, 2010 7:48 pm

The night is dark and full of terrors...
wunksta

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#167  Postby aspire1670 » May 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Morien wrote:
aspire1670 wrote:
Morien wrote:

A fucking lame attempt at changing the subject..HEY catch up!..we are discussing something else regarding 911, right now.

And I have not stated anything regarding the Twin Towers and controlled explosions so your saying that I have concocted 'a hypothesis' is just more misappropriated delusional bullshit... :roll:

Me changing the subject, did you ever read the original OP? Thought not. Unless you're now suggesting there were two separate conspiracies? The first to bring down the WTC by controlled explosions to facilitate the nefarious secret ambitions of the US government and a second to bring down an airliner to do....well to do what exactly? Here's you chance to shine, go for it.

P.S. I know you have great difficulty with the whole evidence thing but here's an easy one for you: will you produce the post where I claimed that you had "concocted" a hypothesis. Hint, you won't find one. Take your time.

aspire1670

Male

Print view this post

#168  Postby Morien » May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

uke2se wrote:
Morien wrote:

The eyewitness reports are refuted by the technical evidence which several of us have provided to you in this thread.

Bullshit they have! as stated before you have provided fuck all evidence, and that which was offered was trashed, unopposed by Galaxian...You are living in tyour own dream world, it seems...

Morien wrote:

Technical evidence has been offered by me and others in this thread. You denying it doesn't change that fact.

Yers..what bullshit evidence you have offered has been trashed outright and shown for the rubbish that it is...Get used to it..your fucked up house of cards has tumbled...

Morien wrote:
No refuted.

Not with evidence. Anecdotal evidence doesn't trump technical evidence, just FYI.

It beats the lack of evidence offered by you...FYI....And that which was offered by you is usually accompanied by your grandstanding crutch ...'truther'....That is all you have to offer...BWAHAHA! What a load of pathetic shit....

Morien wrote:

Yes it is. Are you now denying that what I copy pasted came from your link?
[/quote]

I question/deny every pathetic grandstanding rebuttal offered..especially by you...

Morien wrote:

It doesn't supply those reasons because those reasons aren't there. It's really really simple for you to prove me wrong. All you have to do is to quote the relevant part. I have asked you to do so four times so far in this thread. Thus far, you have refused.
[/quote]

It does supply the reasons..you just cannot/do not want to read them...Don't ask..I'll charge you...

Morien wrote:
No...read the fucking thread! Jumbos evidence was proven to be a sad sack of shit by Galaxian....again..such evidence occupies your intellectaul blind spot...which gets bigger by the minute...

No, it wasn't. Galaxian hasn't provided any evidence. Like you, he has provided truther speculation and anecdotal evidence, none of which trumps the technical evidence. Again, it is really easy for you to prove me wrong. Just repost the evidence.
[/quote]

Figures..a technical explanation is obviously of little use to those who cannot understand it......Either that, or you are being wilfully and mendaciously ignorant and selective of the offerings thus far supplied on this thread.

Morien wrote:

Galaxian has provided no evidence that refutes the fact that it is possible for light material to be carried by winds for 8 miles and beyond. In fact, I can prove that fact right now:

This is Saharan sand being blown by winds to the Canary Islands, which are more than eight miles from the coast of Africa. Thus I have proven that light material can be carried by winds for more than eight miles. Do you require further evidence that light material can be carried by winds for more than eight miles?
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh for fuck sake...DUST! Puhleez..why do you subject me and other readers to this derisable bullshit in lieu of REAL comparative evidence... :roll:

Morien wrote:

While I feel like I am talking to a child in this thread, this isn't kiddie-speak. It's an accurate assessment for your behaviour.
[/quote]

Accurate?? Coming from you... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You sir, are in no position to judge anything it seems...

"Morien";p="195923"]

Word for word copied from your link. Not really looking good for your "evidence" when even you dismiss it.
[/quote]

Contextually inanities...again...

Morien wrote:

I have provided technical evidence (ignored by you), while you have provided truther speculation and anecdotal evidence. A rational person would quickly see which of us has been a better judge of evidence.[/quote]

You have provided fuck all but dust..appropriately... :rofl: :rofl:

Morien wrote:

You provided exactly one (1) link in your dismissal of the Popular Mechanics article. Here is your post:

Ummm...and if you recall correctly, the Popular mechanics propoganda was dismissed;

http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/pm/

Link
[/quote]

Yers..and one trashing the authors of the article..which you conveniently (again) omit...

Morien wrote:

It's quite accurate. If you want, you can provide your own summary if you feel as though I missed anything.
[/quote]

No grandstanding form me...I let my evidence stand as it is..I have no need to appeal to the gallery hollering like a fool at Speakers Corner, and pathetically seeking vacant approval...unlike some....

Morien wrote:

You have not said so outright, but you attempt to refute our technical evidence with eyewitness testimonies. You have done so several times in this thread. Do you wish me to list the instances?
[/quote]

Don't bother...it doesn't mean anything..anubody with sense wiill consider the source...

Someone who compares dust to aircraft debris...FOR FUCK SAKE...! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have supplied endless amusement, Uk..now please..step aside and allow someone who is more capable....I'm fed up with slapping down your inane excuses for arguments...

You are not worth my time..DISMISSED!

(Dust.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: - thanks for the laugh)
Morien

Male

Print view this post

#169  Postby Jumbo » May 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Please Jumbo, retire before you make even more mistakes. Now we have bouncing planes, up to 3km!!!
Jumbo, a crash into farming loam is anything but elastic. Infact it is pretty close to a totally plastic event.
What is it with you guys? Are you paid? Hey, how good is the pay? OR are you just soooo enamored with trying to make sense & order out of this bloody chaotic world, that you must, you simply MUST deny the facts? :waah:

I was simply illustrating the amount of energy involved. I was not claiming the plane would bounce back up like that and you know it. You should also know that i was refering to the engine alone given the reference to the 4500 of so kg mass.

I also did not claim it was a totaly elastic event infact quite the opposite. I said most of the energy would be absorbed but made the point that there is some much energy involved even if only a small portion went into giving the engine kinetic energy then it would be quite likely to travel a significant distance.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#170  Postby uke2se » May 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Morien wrote:
Bullshit they have! as stated before you have provided fuck all evidence, and that which was offered was trashed, unopposed by Galaxian...You are living in tyour own dream world, it seems...

Do I need to repost the post I made where I listed the evidence that has been provided? Denial will get you nowhere.

Morien wrote:
Yers..what bullshit evidence you have offered has been trashed outright and shown for the rubbish that it is...Get used to it..your fucked up house of cards has tumbled...

You have not even attempted to refute it, instead relying on a link to a webpage that utterly fails to refute it. Don't know about houses of cards, but it seems you're fresh out of playing cards.

Morien wrote:
It beats the lack of evidence offered by you...FYI....And that which was offered by you is usually accompanied by your grandstanding crutch ...'truther'....That is all you have to offer...BWAHAHA! What a load of pathetic shit....

Again, I can repost the post where I reposted the evidence that I and others have provided. I predicted you would attempt to deny it again, but I'm here to remind you. ;)

Morien wrote:
I question/deny every pathetic grandstanding rebuttal offered..especially by you...

Perhaps you should read your own link then? If you do, you will notice that I copy pasted from it, word for word.

Morien wrote:
It does supply the reasons..you just cannot/do not want to read them...Don't ask..I'll charge you...

Again, I have reposted the relevant parts from your link in this thread. Nowhere could we find any reasons for dismissal. If you feel that I have missed something, please go to the effort of actually quoting it. Otherwise you just come off as hand waving.

Morien wrote:
Figures..a technical explanation is obviously of little use to those who cannot understand it......Either that, or you are being wilfully and mendaciously ignorant and selective of the offerings thus far supplied on this thread.

Reported.

Morien wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh for fuck sake...DUST! Puhleez..why do you subject me and other readers to this derisable bullshit in lieu of REAL comparative evidence... :roll:

Proof that light material can travel quite far on winds. Light material in a plane can be carried further than eight miles if the winds are right. On that day they were right for about eight miles.

Morien wrote:
Accurate?? Coming from you... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You sir, are in no position to judge anything it seems...

Accurate in that you yourself admitted to be Just Asking Questions.

Morien wrote:
Contextually inanities...again...

If you want to make an argument, it's usually best to provide evidence. I copied your link, word for word. You now claim I took it out of context. To an onlooker, this sounds strange. Please elaborate.

Morien wrote:
You have provided fuck all but dust..appropriately... :rofl: :rofl:

I have provided technical evidence. Again, if you wish for me to repost the post where I provided the links again, I will do so. You did see it, though, as you quoted it.

Morien wrote:
Yers..and one trashing the authors of the article..which you conveniently (again) omit...

Trashing the authors of what article? The Popular Mechanics article? You mean you posted a link containing ad hominem attacks on the authors of the Popular Mechanics article? How would that help you refute what the Popular Mechanics article had to say about UA93? I mean, the link you provided first didn't even attempt to refute it.

Morien wrote:
No grandstanding form me...I let my evidence stand as it is..I have no need to appeal to the gallery hollering like a fool at Speakers Corner, and pathetically seeking vacant approval...unlike some....

That's ok. Readers of the thread will have to make do with my summary then.

Morien wrote:
Don't bother...it doesn't mean anything..anubody with sense wiill consider the source...

So you do admit to attempting to refute our technical evidence with anecdotal evidence?

Morien wrote:
Someone who compares dust to aircraft debris...FOR FUCK SAKE...! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stuff like this is quite light and can be carried by winds much like sand:

Morien wrote:
You have supplied endless amusement, Uk..now please..step aside and allow someone who is more capable....I'm fed up with slapping down your inane excuses for arguments...

You haven't slapped down a single of my arguments, so I doubt you're that fed up.

Morien wrote:
You are not worth my time..DISMISSED!

You mean you won't even try to refute my arguments? How sad.

Morien wrote:
(Dust.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: - thanks for the laugh)

I'm glad I could be entertaining. Of course, you'd do better to stop guffawing in ignorance and attempt to do some critical thinking. I won't hold my breath, though.
Last edited by uke2se on May 12, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uke2se

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#171  Postby Jumbo » May 12, 2010 8:35 pm

If by trashed you mean totally misunderstood what i was saying then yes he did.

He did not manage to demonstrate the descent was vertical. My point that an angled descent can appear vertical from a certain viewpoint stands.

I also correctly calculated the magintude of energy involved in the collision. To illustrate this is showed the distance an engine would be thrown were this elastic and made the point that if only a fraction of the energy were transferred then a 666 yard movement is feasible.

I also pointed out that the mechanism for distributing the lighter material may be different from that which moved the enigne.

None of which has actually been refuted.

One other thing to note about the earlier small objects vs distance argument made by Galaxian is that it essentially assumes that the light objects are not only the same shapes as the heavy ones (Almost certainly not the case) but that they have similar densities. The latter is also likely not true given the materials in such things as seat covers and in flight reading material is considerably different to that contained within the engine.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#172  Postby hotshoe » May 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Jumbo wrote:

He did not manage to demonstrate the descent was vertical. My point that an angled descent can appear vertical from a certain viewpoint stands.

I also correctly calculated the magintude of energy involved in the collision. To illustrate this is showed the distance an engine would be thrown were this elastic and made the point that if only a fraction of the energy were transferred then a 666 yard movement is feasible.

I also pointed out that the mechanism for distributing the lighter material may be different from that which moved the enigne.

One other thing to note about the earlier small objects vs distance argument made by Galaxian is that it essentially assumes that the light objects are not only the same shapes as the heavy ones (Almost certainly not the case) but that they have similar densities. The latter is also likely not true given the materials in such things as seat covers and in flight reading material is considerably different to that contained within the engine.

True. None of Galaxian's foolish points stand up to reality. In reality, the debris which traveled quite far was of light density (as you say, cloth and paper) and was shaped such that it could be wafted by the prevailing breeze.

Have these so-called skeptics never seen a piece of paper blowing in the wind ? Never ?
Now, when I talked to God I knew he'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
hotshoe

United States (us)
Print view this post

#173  Postby uke2se » May 12, 2010 8:44 pm

hotshoe wrote:
Jumbo wrote:

True. None of Galaxian's foolish points stand up to reality. In reality, the debris which traveled quite far was of light density (as you say, cloth and paper) and was shaped such that it could be wafted by the prevailing breeze.

Have these so-called skeptics never seen a piece of paper blowing in the wind ? Never ?

I even provided a picture of some of the actual debris that were carried the furthest in my latest post. It's paper.
uke2se

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#174  Postby econ41 » May 12, 2010 9:12 pm

uke2se wrote:
hotshoe wrote:...I even provided a picture of some of the actual debris that were carried the furthest in my latest post. It's paper.

I have watched this side track which has apparently replaced "microspheres" and "nano-thermxte" as the current preferred side track.

My commendations to uke2se and other members who continue to put energy into point by point responses to side track issues.

But isn't doing that playing morien's game?

So I ask as always in these situations "why are we discussing this sub topic? And "What is its relevance?"

AFAICS Morien has made three claims:
1 An engine will not end up some hundreds of metres from the main impact site in an aircraft crash;
2 A related inferred claim that an aircraft engine will not be carried on a 15mph breeze; AND
3 A claim that Rumsfeld said something that may have been factually untrue.

To which the brief answers are:
1 It obviously did irrespective of whether the plane crashed or was shot down;
2 Who was the clown claiming it was "blown by the breeze"; AND
3 Yes it appears that he did say those words.

BUT so what? What is Morien trying to claim? I see no claim to respond to and no point in rebutting the ever widening circles of "I did!" "No you didn't!" "Yes, I did!" "No you effing well......." etc

The plane crashed in that bit of open country. So what?
econ41

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#175  Postby uke2se » May 12, 2010 9:19 pm

econ41 wrote:
uke2se wrote:
hotshoe wrote:...I even provided a picture of some of the actual debris that were carried the furthest in my latest post. It's paper.

I have watched this side track which has apparently replaced "microspheres" and "nano-thermxte" as the current preferred side track.

My commendations to uke2se and other members who continue to put energy into point by point responses to side track issues.

But isn't doing that playing morien's game?

So I ask as always in these situations "why are we discussing this sub topic? And "What is its relevance?"

AFAICS Morien has made three claims:
1 An engine will not end up some hundreds of metres from the main impact site in an aircraft crash;
2 A related inferred claim that an aircraft engine will not be carried on a 15mph breeze; AND
3 A claim that Rumsfeld said something that may have been factually untrue.

To which the brief answers are:
1 It obviously did irrespective of whether the plane crashed or was shot down;
2 Who was the clown claiming it was "blown by the breeze"; AND
3 Yes it appears that he did say those words.

BUT so what? What is Morien trying to claim? I see no claim to respond to and no point in rebutting the ever widening circles of "I did!" "No you didn't!" "Yes, I did!" "No you effing well......." etc

He's just JAQing off.

Yes, going through his quagmire of non-arguments is playing his game. The thing is, he's losing his own game, which can be a good lesson for any fence-sitters or would-be truthers in the audience. That he blew a gasket and started cussing left and right, calling names and generally acting obnoxious in his posts also helps diminish his non-argument. Slaughtering truther ideas like this is one way of combating the JAQing off plague that is spreading among conspiracy theorists nowadays.

Plus, it's fun seeing someone get so thoroughly trashed in a debate. :lol:
uke2se

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#176  Postby Razor » May 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Morien wrote:
Razor wrote:I'm one of those people who, before encountering this thread, had no real awareness of the nature of 9/11 conspiracy theories. I knew they existed of course, but had never looked into them in any way. This thread stimulated my interest, so I took the advice of all "sides" and spend some time looking at the various claims and the evidence for or against them, and also considering the "official" explaination.

I thought it might be interesting (to some) to share my conclusions; the conclusions of someone with no pre-conceived ideas about the issue.

The only reasonable conclusion I can come to is: there is no issue. Each and every CT appears to have little or no evidential basis and relies on rumour, assertion and innuendo. Even those areas where, on the surface, there may seem to be some doubt (e.g. the dust contents) only appear that way because they are taken independent of their context. I honestly don't see where the debate is and I marvel at the fact this is still even being discussed 9 years later. Sure, there may be some gaps, but each and evey one, as far as I can see, is irrelevant to the wider (and crucial) conclusions.

I realise of course that America has its share of anti-government paranoia, but I'm amazed this seems to have spread around the globe so easily.

This 'anti-government paranoia' as you so delicately label it, is shared by filly 1/2 of mankind, by estimates;

If public opinion, worldwide, is anything to go by then pretty much every other person is "A crazy person who believes the US government committed 9/11".

On average, 46 percent say that al Qaeda was behind the attacks while 15 percent say the US government, seven percent Israel, and seven percent some other perpetrator. One in four say they do not know.

http://tinyurl.com/24p8sve

Close to half (48%) agrees the U.S. government and 9/11 Commission are not covering up anything, yet nearly as many (42%) believe the government and 9/11 Commission are covering up. One in ten (10%) is unsure.

http://tinyurl.com/yts3d7

Appeal to numbers is largely irrelevant. Does the fact that the majority of the world believe in monotheistic religions make those religions any more valid? Of course not. My point was simply to illustrate that history shows a proportion of Americans have tendency towards paranoiad anti-government viewpoints. I remian surprised that the rest of the world seems to have taken this stance with such gusto.

Quite frankly, rather than continue this pointless circular debate (the CT'ers positions are seemingly unfalsifiable to them, so attempts at persuasion seem fruitless), I would think a far more interesting discussion would be on the psychology of such people and why such myths are so popular and passionately held. A new thread perhaps?

Not a circular debate, far from it. What has been revealed is an utter lack of substance to the official explanation, as confirmed by the doubts expressed by every other person out there...not the 'mad minority' as some on these boards would inanely imply by rote when short of substance to counter....

Again, I fail to see how the appeal to numbers is relevant. And I'm afraid I simply cannot see how any such "lack of substance" has been revealed at all. As far as I can see, the "official" version is highly evidenced. It is the CT's that seem to contain a lack of substance. I'm open to pursuasion on this, but unless there is more than I have already read and seen, I struggle to imagine that the evidence or reason exists to pursuade anu genuinely open-minded neutral.
Razor

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#177  Postby Razor » May 12, 2010 10:33 pm

uke2se wrote:
Razor wrote:I'm one of those people who, before encountering this thread, had no real awareness of the nature of 9/11 conspiracy theories. I knew they existed of course, but had never looked into them in any way. This thread stimulated my interest, so I took the advice of all "sides" and spend some time looking at the various claims and the evidence for or against them, and also considering the "official" explaination.

I thought it might be interesting (to some) to share my conclusions; the conclusions of someone with no pre-conceived ideas about the issue.

The only reasonable conclusion I can come to is: there is no issue. Each and every CT appears to have little or no evidential basis and relies on rumour, assertion and innuendo. Even those areas where, on the surface, there may seem to be some doubt (e.g. the dust contents) only appear that way because they are taken independent of their context. I honestly don't see where the debate is and I marvel at the fact this is still even being discussed 9 years later. Sure, there may be some gaps, but each and evey one, as far as I can see, is irrelevant to the wider (and crucial) conclusions.

I realise of course that America has its share of anti-government paranoia, but I'm amazed this seems to have spread around the globe so easily.

Conspiracy theories are fascinating to many people. It's a way for us to get some excitement into our every day lives. The fact that a few (very few) conspiracy theories have turned out to be true only fuels the fires.

I don't doubt there's some truth is that. I can't help thinking however that its deeper than that. Perhaps a desire to avoid (the often more frightening and chaotic) reality?

The problem with many of the conspiracy theories today, like trutherism, AGW denial and holocaust denial is that they affect real people. We're not talking about conspiracy theories regarding fluoridation of water. We're talking about stuff that hurts people directly.

Trutherism and holocaust denial hurts people because there is real loss of life involved. Victims of these tragedies want to move on, but some people - for their own selfish reasons - want nothing more than to keep these wounds open for as long as possible. They do so with little to support them in form of evidence, relying rather on cultish methods. These CTers need to be fought at every turn, because they hurt real people.
When it comes to AGW denialists, they hurt even more, but the pain is in the future rather than the past.

Yes, I entirely agree that baseless CT's can have genuine real-life negative consequences. A sense of respsonsibility seems to be often ironically claimed as a motive for holding such baseless views. In reality, anyone with any true responsibility would not chuck around baseless claims on such sensitive and important subjects I feel.

Razor wrote:
Quite frankly, rather than continue this pointless circular debate (the CT'ers positions are seemingly unfalsifiable to them, so attempts at persuasion seem fruitless), I would think a far more interesting discussion would be on the psychology of such people and why such myths are so popular and passionately held. A new thread perhaps?

Feel free to do so. I think there's a forum section about psychology. Be careful not to mention the names of any forum members though, as you would be in breach of the FUA if you did.

Advice appreciated. Ta
Razor

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#178  Postby hotshoe » May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

econ41 wrote:

The funny thing is, this bit of the conspiracy theory is put forth by the same nutters who claim that Air Defense was stood down on 9/11 (presumably to allow the conspiracy to succeed in hitting the twin towers).

Well, which is it, dumbos ?

Jets NOT scrambled to shoot down airliners when you think they "should" have been (over NYC) or jets scrambled to shoot down airliners when you think they "should not" have been (over PA) ?

I'm amazed these people can think straight long enough to type a sentence. Any sentence.
Now, when I talked to God I knew he'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
hotshoe

United States (us)
Print view this post

#179  Postby econ41 » May 12, 2010 11:30 pm

hotshoe wrote:
econ41 wrote:

The funny thing is, this bit of the conspiracy theory is put forth by the same nutters who claim that Air Defense was stood down on 9/11 (presumably to allow the conspiracy to succeed in hitting the twin towers).

Well, which is it, dumbos ?

Jets NOT scrambled to shoot down airliners when you think they "should" have been (over NYC) or jets scrambled to shoot down airliners when you think they "should not" have been (over PA) ?

I'm amazed these people can think straight long enough to type a sentence. Any sentence.

Cruel but true there hotshoe...

The essential part of their logic is to take each bit of claimed evidence as if it stands alone...

.... hence the discussions of "microspheres" and/or "nanomagic-thermxte" which can each lead to discussions as stand alone items for those who are interested in stand alone items. BUT neither is of any relevance to the WTC buildings collapses because there was no deliberate use of demolition or accelerant materials.

So each balloon of inferred conspiracy evidence is burst immediately it is tested against a valid context.
econ41

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#180  Postby econ41 » May 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Razor wrote:
...Again, I fail to see how the appeal to numbers is relevant. And I'm afraid I simply cannot see how any such "lack of substance" has been revealed at all. As far as I can see, the "official" version is highly evidenced. It is the CT's that seem to contain a lack of substance. I'm open to pursuasion on this, but unless there is more than I have already read and seen, I struggle to imagine that the evidence or reason exists to pursuade anu genuinely open-minded neutral.

Well said Razor.

My own interest area since 2007 has been the WTC Twin Towers collapses and why they were the result of impact and fire damage on an unusually vulnerable building design. Links to some detailed explanations available if you are interested.

My qualifications relevant to this topic are in civil engineering plus military engineering demolition training.

For the record - no demolition and no use of thermxte etc

Eric C
econ41

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracy Theories