The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

#4661  Postby psikeyhackr » Aug 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Kat Dorman wrote:No, I just got finished saying the peak capacity was 3mg. Not mg. Just got finished saying it. It's not complicated, it's simple arithmetic.

So now you say the peak is 3mg and I didn't notice. But you siad:

Adding in a conservative per-story fail energy (~0.38mgh where m is the accumulated mass above and h is full story height) increases the collapse times by approximately 3 seconds for both.

But that 38% is computed from the peak. So if the peak is 3mg then the equation should be:

fail energy = ~0.38 * 3 * mgh

0.38 * 3 = 1.14

But that would mean the continuous resistive force would be greater than the weight above all of the way down the 100 story structure. So how do you get a collapse out of that when the resistive force is 14% greater than the destructive force?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's your math. How many seconds would be added to the 12 second minimum now? :picard:

psik
Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
Since 9/11 Physics has been History
psikeyhackr

Print view this post

#4662  Postby Kat Dorman » Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

psikeyhackr wrote:So now you say the peak is 3mg and I didn't notice.

I said it BEFORE and you didn't notice.

psikeyhackr wrote:But that 38% is computed from the peak.

No, it's not. I clearly said 13% of the peak which, given an FOS of 3, is 39% (e.g., approximately 38%) of the imposed load. I said it several times and you didn't notice. I'm saying it again now; does that help?

So if the peak is 3mg then the equation should be:

fail energy = ~0.38 * 3 * mgh

0.38 * 3 = 1.14

No. Again...

fail energy = ~0.13 * 3 * mgh

0.13 * 3 = 0.39

0.39 ~ 0.38

But that would mean the continuous resistive force would be greater than the weight above all of the way down the 100 story structure. So how do you get a collapse out of that when the resistive force is 14% greater than the destructive force?

LOL, LOL, LOL; answer your question now with the correct math.

It's your math.

No, that was you misunderstanding simple arithmetic when it's already written out for you.
Kat Dorman

Print view this post

#4663  Postby Kat Dorman » Aug 18, 2011 6:18 am

psikeyhackr wrote: :picard:

Where is Cap'n Picard now? Surely he must be ready to deliver another round of facepalms. Cat got his tongue?
Kat Dorman

Print view this post

#4664  Postby Kat Dorman » Aug 22, 2011 7:47 pm

When you think you've caught a mistake of mine, the posts with the LOLs come in fast and furious. When it's shown that the mistakes are yours, there's silence. Do you want me to argue your side for you? I'll do a much better job.

Dorman: Therefore we see that, far from being mere name-dropping ("you expect people to be impressed by all of your complexity and talk about MAXWELL"), the Maxell construction is a very simple way of expressing the average force and likewise acceleration over the crushing distance of a single story. If the Maxwell line is a constant 38% of the static load, the average acceleration is 62% of g. It couldn't get any simpler than that. The whole point of the Maxwell line is to SIMPLIFY the problem.

Anti-Dorman: As a simplification, is it not also an approximation? How close is it to the non-simplified dynamics?

D: To within story granularity, it is very close.

A-D: But, as psikeyhackr pointed out, it does not account for the peak forces which are sub-story granularity, and this is a place where arrest can occur.

D: True. However, I can (and have) run both calculations and time-stepped simulations which account for the peaks, and so have already determined those configurations which can arrest. When examining a case which cannot arrest due to peak resistive forces, the use of the Maxwell construction to simplify the problem is perfectly valid and gives quite accurate results. Moreover, by smoothing out the peaks and valleys in resistive forces, one actually obtains a more accurate descent curve when comparing to a messy, non-ideal, non-axial 3D collapse. In real collapses, measurement locations (e.g. the roofline) do not exhibit the jolts predicted by a discrete undamped model because real structures deform and are damped.

A-D: Fine. But either method of computation relies on the accuracy of the assumed load displacement curve. An average force of 13% of the peak static capacity seems awfully low. If one accepts the applicability of the Maxwell construction, then everything hinges on having a valley much lower and/or longer than the peak so the average force ends up being less than the static load. How can you justify using such a small value?

D: I rely on Bazant for the form of the load-displacement curve for steel columns in axial compression. This is based on well-accepted properties determined by experiment and then backed by constitutive analysis. I admit, if he's wrong, then my analyses are off accordingly. But that's not the same thing as being wrong, because I never claimed my example above (or any others) represented an actual tower collapse. I presented it as what would happen in a system with a Maxwell line at 0.38mg.

Besides, the chances of Bazant being wrong are about nil! Pick up a textbook if you don't believe me. The load displacement relation is standard fare.

A-D: Weasel words. We're talking about the WTC collapses. If it's not applicable, it's a diversion at best and useless at worst.

D: Well, the initial accelerations of the towers were within a relatively close margin to those values, so it would appear it IS applicable despite the caveats.

A-D: Only the initial acceleration?

D: Yes, the acceleration dropped to zero in WTC1 after a time.

A-D: What does your Maxwellized approximation say about that?

D: It says nothing about it. Those models don't have velocity-dependent sinks like concrete comminution, etc, or the coefficients for those terms have been set to zero for the trials in question. It's an attempt to keep it simple; one thing at a time.

A-D: I still don't accept that 38% of static load is an accurate approximation. There are axial compression modes which produce load displacement curves which do not have a long trough like what Bazant depicts. Hinge buckling is, at its most generic, expressed as n-hinge buckling where n is odd. By choosing n to be 3, Bazant has deliberately opted for the lowest energy dissipation possible for a column fixed at both ends. Other modes, like an accordion configuration, present much greater resistance long before full compaction.

D: Also true. Cherapanov exploited this when he did calculations which suggested a first impact in the Bazant scenario would result in 5 or more hinges, with the result that Bazant greatly underestimated the energy dissipation. Cherapanov's flaw in reasoning is that there was no drop through empty space to produce the higher velocity and the impacts were not, and could not have been, between perfectly aligned column ends. Bazant's model was a limiting case which was unrealistically biased towards survival. Take away the perfectly aligned strike, and you don't even get 3-hinge buckling. As was clear from the columns observed in the debris pile, hinge buckling of any order was a rarity. All other applicable failure modes involve less KE loss than 3-hinge buckling.

A-D: Now you say there was no drop through empty space, indicating the upper portion impinged with a lower velocity than it would have had it been a free drop. That means there was less KE available to do mechanical work on the lower portion, and again your models fail to capture the true dynamics.

D: Now you're the one with weasel words. Of course these trials fail to capture the true dynamics, it's never been touted as anything but instructional simplifications. But I have done slow drops and low drops and even NO drops. That's right, NO drop. If one applies the Maxwell construction to all stories, including the failed one at the split point, it still collapses. Capacity of 38% of load means there will be inadequate support, and the model will spontaneously collapse at an acceleration of 0.62g. That is indeed 38% less than freefall. Doesn't matter much.

Bazant calculates that a free fall drop of only 0.5m is sufficient to overload the underlying story. My computations have confirmed the correctness of that claim.

A-D: How does the top begin to move in the first place? You conveniently ignore the first cause.

D: Loss of capacity occurred. I can see big gaping holes and substantial fires. This unequivocally means loss of capacity. Ongoing fires means an ongoing loss of capacity. This is only common sense. Beyond that, I've done no work to examine whether this is sufficient to initiate collapse, so I don't discuss it. It's not absurd, in any case, even if it is in question for some people.

A-D: I've run out of objections.

D: Well, at least you gave it a college try.
Kat Dorman

Print view this post

#4665  Postby Kat Dorman » Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Run, psikeyhackr, run!

Other forums may not be aware of your inability to multiply three numbers, while you piss on about "Debating Newtonian Physics 42 years after the Moon landing."

Kat Dorman

Print view this post

#4666  Postby Galaxian » Aug 28, 2011 11:00 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEvA8BCoBw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEvA8BCoBw
http://www.ae911truth.org/
:book:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment_Sam Nejad

To know who rules over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize. -Voltaire
Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

#4667  Postby GrahamH » Aug 29, 2011 10:16 am

What I detest about those videos is the way they present information as if they know what it means, and has only one interpretation. A witness reports a loud bang moments before a large steel building collapses. The only interpretation offered is - explosives. As if the fracture of massive steel structures would not produce an extremely loud bang.

If these people think they are pursuing truth they are surely deluded.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#4668  Postby Galaxian » Aug 29, 2011 3:39 pm

GrahamH wrote:What I detest about those videos is the way they present information as if they know what it means, and has only one interpretation. A witness reports a loud bang moments before a large steel building collapses. The only interpretation offered is - explosives. As if the fracture of massive steel structures would not produce an extremely loud bang.

Kindly watch the video, the whole video, & nothing but the video, before making inane comments.
Did the clear explanation that a 100m long building with LOTS of columns does NOT fall in one piece elude you?
This is the feature with threads such as this: They actually highlight how totally trusting the mass of humanity is. Trusting to the point of naivete. Are you positing the opposite explanation; that the sound of explosives is better explained by there not being explosives?
That the finding of thermitic material is irrelevant, & evidence that thermite wasn't used?
That the almost freefall, & perfectly level collapse of 3 skyscrapers means that physics is irrelevant?
That the evidence of numerous witnesses is evidence that they were all deluded?
That the public admission of the FBI that the 3 buildings were explosively demolished was meaningless?
That the public admission of the FBI that the Pentagon was impacted by a missile was also worthless?
That the refusal to hold an inquiry for some 2 years was just a chance event?
That the befuddlement of NIST when simple questions were put to the 'professors' was due to tiredness?
And the deaths of & threats to whistleblowers is just a fabrication? ANYTHING to whitewash 9/11, eh? :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment_Sam Nejad

To know who rules over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize. -Voltaire
Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

#4669  Postby GrahamH » Aug 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Galaxian wrote:Kindly watch the video, the whole video, & nothing but the video, before making inane comments.

I watched it all, and it was the same old crap and one-sided spin as ever.

I'd like to see a detailed investigation into the supposed "rivers of steel". I'd like to see some evidence of temperature and composition, and a time-line, and the same for data on the underground fires. I'm not satisfied with the non-expert hearsay that is all we ever get on that. A fireman saw something that looked like images of flowing metal in a steel foundry. That doesn't tell us it was steel.

I'd like to see people like psikey looking at issues from all sides, rather than sticking doggedly to absurd models.

The "truth movement" seems uninterested in the pursuit of truth.

No doubt we are in for a wave of conspiracy stories around the 10th anniversary, and precious little truth revealed.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#4670  Postby Dudely » Aug 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Galaxian wrote:
GrahamH wrote:What I detest about those videos is the way they present information as if they know what it means, and has only one interpretation. A witness reports a loud bang moments before a large steel building collapses. The only interpretation offered is - explosives. As if the fracture of massive steel structures would not produce an extremely loud bang.

Kindly watch the video, the whole video, & nothing but the video, before making inane comments.
Did the clear explanation that a 100m long building with LOTS of columns does NOT fall in one piece elude you?
This is the feature with threads such as this: They actually highlight how totally trusting the mass of humanity is. Trusting to the point of naivete. Are you positing the opposite explanation; that the sound of explosives is better explained by there not being explosives?
That the finding of thermitic material is irrelevant, & evidence that thermite wasn't used?
That the almost freefall, & perfectly level collapse of 3 skyscrapers means that physics is irrelevant?
That the evidence of numerous witnesses is evidence that they were all deluded?
That the public admission of the FBI that the 3 buildings were explosively demolished was meaningless?
That the public admission of the FBI that the Pentagon was impacted by a missile was also worthless?
That the refusal to hold an inquiry for some 2 years was just a chance event?
That the befuddlement of NIST when simple questions were put to the 'professors' was due to tiredness?
And the deaths of & threats to whistleblowers is just a fabrication? ANYTHING to whitewash 9/11, eh? :coffee:

Sorry, actually the absence of loud bangs is one of the main reasons why I can't believe explosives were used. Not one video- not ONE- contains a loud bang indicative of an explosive charge going off. Dozens of videos and you can't hear even one loud bang. I find threads like this highlight how totally full of ignorant paranoia the mass of humanity is. You'll doggedly stick to some deluded story because your brain likes it despite having no reason to other than your own bizarre paranoia to beleive it.
Show me a bang and then get back to me. I'm not interested in hearing someone else describe it for me. That would be too trusting. . .

My mother-in-law saw an angel in her shop once. Yet you don't see me going to church any time soon.
This is what hydrogen atoms do given 15 billion years of evolution- Carl Sagan

Ignorance is slavery- Miles Davis
Dudely

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4671  Postby ConnyRaSk » Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Dudely wrote: You'll doggedly stick to some deluded story because your brain likes it despite having no reason to other than your own bizarre paranoia to beleive it.

Funny, That's exactly what i think happened to those believing the USgovt conspiracy version.!
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#4672  Postby Weaver » Aug 29, 2011 11:14 pm

The difference between the two versions is that
1) The "USgovt conspiracy version" has absolutely no supporting evidence,

and

2) The "Planes flown by hijackers brought down the Towers via understood natural collapse mechanisms, and nearly a decade of intensive forensic examination of the residue", has absolutely no supporting evidence WHICH POINTS TOWARD #1.

Thank goodness, for those in favor of #1, there's still youtube.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4673  Postby Galaxian » Aug 30, 2011 9:45 am

GrahamH wrote:
Galaxian wrote:Kindly watch the video, the whole video, & nothing but the video, before making inane comments.

I'd like to see a detailed investigation into the supposed "rivers of steel". I'd like to see some evidence of temperature and composition, and a time-line, and the same for data on the underground fires. I'm not satisfied with the non-expert hearsay that is all we ever get on that. A fireman saw something that looked like images of flowing metal in a steel foundry. That doesn't tell us it was steel.
I'd like to see people like psikey looking at issues from all sides, rather than sticking doggedly to absurd models.
No doubt we are in for a wave of conspiracy stories around the 10th anniversary, and precious little truth revealed.

Well, we've been demanding a "detailed investigation" for 10 years. Thank you for finally supporting us.
I can assure you that people such as psikeyhackr & Galaxian & Conny & other "Truthers" have looked at the issue from all sides. That's why we KNOW that the towers were helped along by pre-planted explosives. The evidence is incontrovertible. But YOU choose to ignore it. Speaking of which; a building 329 feet (100 metres) long comes down perfectly level. How is that possible?
So you watched all the video? I asked before: How did 100m & countless columns collapse simultaneously? :coffee:

Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

#4674  Postby GrahamH » Aug 30, 2011 11:10 am

Galaxian wrote:I can assure you that people such as psikeyhackr & Galaxian & Conny & other "Truthers" have looked at the issue from all sides. That's why we KNOW that the towers were helped along by pre-planted explosives. The evidence is incontrovertible.

Posts here and elsewhere show that to be false. You guys only push a one-sided view of the issues. If I'm wrong about that please post links to any of you exploring the possibilities of non-CD collapse.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#4675  Postby Dudely » Aug 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Galaxian wrote:
GrahamH wrote:

Well, we've been demanding a "detailed investigation" for 10 years. Thank you for finally supporting us.

Most here, regardless of their views, have always supported another investigation. This is not something new.

Galaxian wrote:
I can assure you that people such as psikeyhackr & Galaxian & Conny & other "Truthers" have looked at the issue from all sides.

I've no doubt. I just think the conclusions drawn are just a tad biased. Also, talking about yourself in the third person all the time is really creepy..

Galaxian wrote:
That's why we KNOW that the towers were helped along by pre-planted explosives.

WOW! You KNOW explosives were used? You KNOW? Is that like how you KNOW there are aliens civilizations with more than two genders? Or how you KNOW Africans belong to a sub-species of humans?

I don't think you're using that word the same way the rest of us are. If there were explosives used we would have seen and heard explosions. Show me evidence of an explosion. If you can't you're just another quack priest peddling the "authority is bad" religion.

Galaxian wrote:
The evidence is incontrovertible. But YOU choose to ignore it. Speaking of which; a building 329 feet (100 metres) long comes down perfectly level. How is that possible?

Uh, It didn't. Why do you keep claiming it did? Look at the debris field- it was HUGE. So huge it took out a massive chunk of building 7. . .

Galaxian wrote:
So you watched all the video? I asked before: How did 100m & countless columns collapse simultaneously? :coffee:

It didn't. If you look closely it started on one side and quickly overtook the remaining support- that's why the top block tilts as it falls. Do you really think the supports can hold stuff up for even a millisecond when the surrounding supports are broken?

Dudely

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4676  Postby Galaxian » Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm

GrahamH wrote:
Galaxian wrote:I can assure you that people such as psikeyhackr & Galaxian & Conny & other "Truthers" have looked at the issue from all sides. That's why we KNOW that the towers were helped along by pre-planted explosives. The evidence is incontrovertible.

Posts here and elsewhere show that to be false. You guys only push a one-sided view of the issues. If I'm wrong about that please post links to any of you exploring the possibilities of non-CD collapse.

When NIST publishes a report about the possibility of controlled demolition you might have something to stand on. Till then it is YOU & NIST & the denialist camp who are totally one sided. NIST didn't even examine for explosives.
You evidently did not watch the video I posted. Or perhaps you were asleep at the time? There's lots more in that vid that you've totally ignored. There's lots more I can add. If you're interested (which I propose you're not), type Galaxian in the thread search & it'll show you all my posts. The entire compendium of evidences is in those posts. But they would undermine your illusions about the squeaky clean government & how it cares for you. So your Utopia would come crashing down faster than the 3 towers. IF you were to read those thread with an open mind. But you won't, so don't worry about your Nirvana falling apart.
You still haven't explained how a 100m long building comes down at almost free fall with a perfectly horizontal profile. I know why you haven't; because it is an impossibility, & would undermine your entire fiction :coffee:

Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

#4677  Postby GrahamH » Aug 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Galaxian wrote:
GrahamH wrote:

When NIST publishes a report about the possibility of controlled demolition you might have something to stand on. Till then it is YOU & NIST & the denialist camp who are totally one sided. NIST didn't even examine for explosives.
You evidently did not watch the video I posted. Or perhaps you were asleep at the time? There's lots more in that vid that you've totally ignored. There's lots more I can add. If you're interested (which I propose you're not), type Galaxian in the thread search & it'll show you all my posts. The entire compendium of evidences is in those posts. But they would undermine your illusions about the squeaky clean government & how it cares for you. So your Utopia would come crashing down faster than the 3 towers. IF you were to read those thread with an open mind. But you won't, so don't worry about your Nirvana falling apart.
You still haven't explained how a 100m long building comes down at almost free fall with a perfectly horizontal profile. I know why you haven't; because it is an impossibility, & would undermine your entire fiction :coffee:

As I said, and you evaded - You guys only push a one-sided view of the issues. If I'm wrong about that please post links to any of you exploring the possibilities of non-CD collapse.

One or two links will do. Nobody wants to search your hundreds or thousands of posts on "impossible" this and that.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#4678  Postby Galaxian » Aug 31, 2011 11:49 am

GrahamH wrote:
Galaxian wrote:You still haven't explained how a 100m long building comes down at almost free fall with a perfectly horizontal profile. I know why you haven't; because it is an impossibility, & would undermine your entire fiction :coffee:

As I said, and you evaded - You guys only push a one-sided view of the issues. If I'm wrong about that please post links to any of you exploring the possibilities of non-CD collapse.
One or two links will do. Nobody wants to search your hundreds or thousands of posts on "impossible" this and that.

You've NO legs to stand on Mr GarhamH. Just like WTC 1, 2, 7 after they were done with their demolitions :coffee:

Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

#4679  Postby Dudely » Aug 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Galaxian wrote:
GrahamH wrote:
Galaxian wrote:You still haven't explained how a 100m long building comes down at almost free fall with a perfectly horizontal profile. I know why you haven't; because it is an impossibility, & would undermine your entire fiction :coffee:

You've NO legs to stand on Mr GarhamH. Just like WTC 1, 2, 7 after they were done with their demolitions :coffee:

Sorry, but from an outside view I'd say the opposite is true- GrahamH asked for something specific and the only thing you've done in response is wave your arms in the air in an attempt to distract people from the fact that you have absolutely NO interest in figuring out what really happened.

Truthers shit all over the memory of the thousands who died with their lies and ignorance. Though I speak in general terms. . . Many who question the official story are perfectly fine people and many more are simply misguided by those who should know better.

But there are some people out there that just make you shake your head. How do they even sleep at night?

Dudely

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4680  Postby Teague » Sep 07, 2011 9:44 am

WTF? Source please!

(when is Galaxian back from suspension anyone?)
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracy Theories