A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Another bad Christian movie

#22  Postby NamelessFaceless » Apr 30, 2014 2:02 pm

It really highlights what you're up against. Creationists see evolution as a "world-view" and not just the foundation of all biological science. That's what makes it so hard to even debate. We're not just on different playing fields, we're not even playing the same game.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Alan C » May 01, 2014 1:04 am

NamelessFaceless wrote:It really highlights what you're up against. Creationists see evolution as a "world-view" and not just the foundation of all biological science. That's what makes it so hard to even debate. We're not just on different playing fields, we're not even playing the same game.

Like bringing a spork to a tank fight.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Calilasseia » May 01, 2014 11:09 am

NamelessFaceless wrote:It really highlights what you're up against. Creationists see evolution as a "world-view" and not just the foundation of all biological science.

That's because, like all the most thoroughly marinated adherents of a doctrine, they are incapable of even imagining the existence of a non-doctrine. They're incapable of even imagining the idea of letting data shape ideas. Instead, they insist that their favourite cherished ideas purportedly dictate to reality, and when reality disagrees, then it's reality that's wrong. It's the whole foundation of the duplicitous "evolution is a belief" apologetics, this inability to imagine a collection of ideas that don't spring from unsupported assertions treated as fact.

Indeed, this is an aetiological manifestation you'll see in adherents of doctrines of all species, not just creationism. They invariably end up regarding everything as a "clash of doctrines", with their pet doctrines purportedly being the "right" doctrines, and those of their rivals purportedly being the "wrong" doctrines. The idea of appraising data without force-fitting said data to doctrinal assertions and presuppositions is totally alien to these people.

NamelessFaceless wrote:That's what makes it so hard to even debate. We're not just on different playing fields, we're not even playing the same game.

There isn't a "debate" to be had. Creationism is wrong, plain and simple, and not just because it's based upon treating fatuous mythological assertions as fact, despite the vast mountain range of evidence telling us that said assertions are wrong. Those who don't recognise this simply aren't competent to "debate" with those of us who paid attention in a science class, because they don't understand the most elementary rules of proper discourse, and frequently demonstrate this whenever they launch into their apologetics. The fact that we don't need apologetics, all we need is the evidence, is lost on them.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Mick » May 01, 2014 11:16 am

The music during the preview was funny. They make it sound so exciting, but it is really not. :(
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#26  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 01, 2014 4:21 pm

I would like to know where do creationists place the earth?

The centre of the universe?

I have asked this so often by theists. No one yet has given me an answer.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Calilasseia » May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:I would like to know where do creationists place the earth?

If you want to see something really scary, perform a Google search on "Fixed Earth". When you do, wear a welding visor, because the retina searing colours on the website in question, not to mention the execrable abuse of styles, will probably damage your eyes permanently if you don't. That's before you read the truly crackpot content.

Then, once you've done this, factor into your scary discoveries, that Georgia state Republican legislators tried citing this website and its crackpot content, as purportedly constituting substantive reasons for eliminating the teaching of evolution from science classes. Even more hilariously, they sent the memo to Texas, whose legislators, briefly, contemplated using this to launch another anti-evolution bill. You have been warned.

If you don't want to see the full horror of that website, then you can learn about the state legislature fiasco here and here.

One of the truly supreme ironies, is that these creationist fucktards wanted evolution removing from the classroom, on the pretext that it purportedly arose from a Jewish religious myth ... and then sought to replace it with creationism, which, wait for it, arose from a Jewish religious myth. You can't make this shit up.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#28  Postby quas » May 01, 2014 5:44 pm

NamelessFaceless wrote:It really highlights what you're up against. Creationists see evolution as a "world-view" and not just the foundation of all biological science. That's what makes it so hard to even debate. We're not just on different playing fields, we're not even playing the same game.

Maybe that's how they WANT it to be.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#29  Postby Rumraket » May 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh, well we had one YEC on here several years ago. In addition to his young Earth creationism, he also maintained that the Earth was not only the center of the entire universe (with everything revolving around the Earth) he even denied the size of and distance to the Sun. He seriously argued that the sun orbited the Earth at a distance of about 700 km (instead of it's actual distance of approximately 149 million km) and that it was also millions of times smaller.

Yep, they are that insane.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#30  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Rumraket wrote:

Oh, well we had one YEC on here several years ago. In addition to his young Earth creationism, he also maintained that the Earth was not only the center of the entire universe (with everything revolving around the Earth) he even denied the size of and distance to the Sun. He seriously argued that the sun orbited the Earth at a distance of about 700 km (instead of it's actual distance of approximately 149 million km) and that it was also millions of times smaller.

Yep, they are that insane.

Well nobody has answered me. It is a simple thing. The bible is quite clear about it as is the koran. The koran goes as far to say the sun goes to sleep in a puddle of water!

I wonder why nobody dares to answer this very simple question? Are they afraid?

The truth is too obvious because we have 100% proof that it is not.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#31  Postby klazmon » May 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Well questioner (is he/she still a member here?) claimed to be preparing a proof of the Earth being stationary. The bible appears to go further claiming that the Earth is a disk with four corners. Must be some strange sort of non Euclidean geometry logic at play :P

Edit corrected above
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 02, 2014 7:14 am

I came across this:

http://www.geocentricbible.com/

To think is considered rational thought by certain people is just...

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Mike_L » May 02, 2014 7:35 am

josephchoi wrote:oh wow answers in genesis is now a production company? they really like to spend money on everything except where it matters

Here's the movie's IMDb page...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2587914/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

The director's name is Rich Christiano. Seriously! :lol:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#34  Postby Oeditor » May 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Abiogenesis, evolution - what does it matter, as long as you spit it out like a dirty word? The faithful will know it's evil, and that's what matters.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism