Creationist Rhetor-O-Matic

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Creationist Rhetor-O-Matic

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Not sure if it's been posted before, but this made me chuckle. Actually, it's too good - I've seen so many of these arguments in this very forum over the years. I am sure we have multiple iterations of them running in various threads right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Re: Creationist Rhetor-O-Matic

#2  Postby Weaver » Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Too true ...
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby monkeyboy » Nov 07, 2011 12:51 pm

:lol: Just tried 6/7 different routes through that and I'm definitely sure we've had some of them.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#4  Postby BlackBart » Nov 07, 2011 1:10 pm

The bombardier beetle represents a grave concern for liberal Christians because it leads to immoral behaviour and also Hitler believed in it.

:what:

Come to think of it that's better than most creationist crap.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby ramseyoptom » Nov 07, 2011 1:13 pm

I like that :clap:
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
George Bernard Shaw
ramseyoptom

Name: Ian
Male

Isle of Man (im)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Nov 07, 2011 1:31 pm

:rofl: Too true.

The "2nd law of thermodynamics" is the one I'm most commonly confronted with in RL so I was laughing from the get-go.

Anyone know why they bring this argument up so much? Isn't the answer glaring at them in the face every single fucking day?
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Weaver » Nov 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Because they don't understand science, and are just blindly repeating what others have told them is true - just like their entire religious belief set.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Darkchilde » Nov 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Thermodynamics is one of the most difficult parts of physics. When you come to statistical mechanics it also gets boring... Just the concept of entropy is one that most people and, many times even physics students, do not fully understand. I have a good background in physics and want to get a physics bachelor's from the OU, and still there are things about entropy and thermodynamics I do not fully comprehend.

This is one of the most difficult concepts, and the 2nd law of thermodynamics has more than one ways that it has been phrased, by a number of scientists.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2011 1:43 pm

I always love this:

Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington wrote:The law that entropy always increases holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of Nature. If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the universe is in disagreement with Maxwell's equations — then so much the worse for Maxwell's equations. If it is found to be contradicted by observation — well, these experimentalists do bungle things sometimes. But if your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics I can give you no hope; there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#10  Postby Alan C » Nov 07, 2011 10:27 pm

:lol: :clap:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Return to Creationism