It's way more fail than you thought :)

http://www.grahamowengallery.com/fishin ... ation.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: FAIL: Harun Yahya Atlas of Creation

#2  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jun 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh, that's nothing compared to excuses Yahya's drones make for the use thereof. When I pointed this out to a creationist on Muxlim, he answered that using a live fish (?!!) would smell.
ikster7579 wrote:Being rational is just an excuse for not wanting to have faith.
Blitzkrebs

Name: Roy
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Blitzkrebs wrote:Oh, that's nothing compared to excuses Yahya's drones make for the use thereof. When I pointed this out to a creationist on Muxlim, he answered that using a live fish (?!!) would smell.

Hello monitor, meet olfactory fruit juice. Which I am now cleaning off after reading this.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Shrunk » Jun 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Blitzkrebs wrote:Oh, that's nothing compared to excuses Yahya's drones make for the use thereof. When I pointed this out to a creationist on Muxlim, he answered that using a live fish (?!!) would smell.

:rofl2:

On the bright side, this whole thing has provided deserved publicity for Graham Owen's remarkable handiwork.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Excuse me for this little piece of self-indulgence, but I just have to scratch the SIWOTI itch on this one. :mrgreen:

Live fish don't smell. I know this for a fact because I have 60 or so live fish in two aquaria just six feet from where I am sitting whilst typing this post. The 'fish smell' everyone is familiar with only manifests itself when the fish in question are dead and have begun to rot, and is a consequence of the liberation of various amines (with methylamine being the most common amine thus liberated) during the decay process.

Now it so happens that an odour emanates from the water of my aquaria, but that odour is NOT comprised of amines. Indeed, my aquaria generate a subtle, and rather pleasant sweet odour, when they have been cleaned. When they are in need of cleaning, they emanate a different odour, that is the result of a different class of nitrogen compounds being produced by the bacteria in the biological filter system resident in the gravel, and those compounds are indole derivatives associated with the decomposition of faeces. Even so, the odour is not in the least pervasive, and only becomes apparent when one is close to the aquarium water, otherwise millions of aquarists around the world wouldn't have fish tanks in their living rooms as I do. Indeed, the large forests of aquatic plants I have in my aquaria help to reduce this odour, because they absorb nitrogen compounds through their roots and leaves as part of their own metabolic processes.

Only someone whose brains have been turned to slush by apologetics could possibly erect this as an excuse for Harun Yahya's incompetence, venality and biological ignorance. Plus, this does not address the fishing lure débacle, where Harun Yahya used a stolen photograph of one of Graham Owen's fishing lures in his turgid piece of propaganda, and claimed that the object depicted was a live caddis fly. I don't even need to be an entomologist to know that real live caddis flies don't have fucking great big metal hooks sticking out of their arse ends.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby fossil-fish » Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

As a very keen angler, and someone who can almost adequately tie flies, I really, really love this story. Have seen the caddis, we call them sedges over here, before but the further details are even more brilliant. Thank you for sharing them.
:cheers:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Douglas Adams
fossil-fish

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

This is where he makes the claim (bottom of the comments section):

http://blogs.muxlim.com/blitzkrebs/once ... -my-views/

The user is "ReflectedLight". Keep in mind that this was a rather tame comment for him, seeing that in the past he's also dismissed Lenski's E. coli experiments as mutations because they weren't "deformed" and wanted to know why whales would have lungs if evolution was true.
ikster7579 wrote:Being rational is just an excuse for not wanting to have faith.
Blitzkrebs

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Blitzkrebs wrote:This is where he makes the claim (bottom of the comments section):

http://blogs.muxlim.com/blitzkrebs/once ... -my-views/

The user is "ReflectedLight". Keep in mind that this was a rather tame comment for him, seeing that in the past he's also dismissed Lenski's E. coli experiments as mutations because they weren't "deformed" and wanted to know why whales would have lungs if evolution was true.

Wow, that really does constitute super-distilled, concentrated stupidity on the part of that individual. And once more testifies to the pervasiveness of the Dunning-Kruger effect. People who have manifestly never picked up a single biology textbook in their lives, or paid attention in a real biology class, purport to be in a position to tell us that thousands of research scientists, including Nobel Laureates, are all mistaken because their experimental results happen not to genuflect before mythological blind assertions. Is there something in the water these people drink?
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jun 30, 2010 7:42 pm

I think his dumbest moment was when he concluded that languages were created independently by God, in light of my comparision between linguistics and evolutionary biology. And this was AFTER I had posted written examples of complete German sentences that should be perfectly intelligible to anybody with a good command of English. (The point was to illustrate that science applies equal rigor in completely different areas. Rejecting the conclusions of biologists because one doesn't like their way of doing things means everything else we've learned from science should discarded as well, something no sane person would do.)
Blitzkrebs

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Picking out a "dumbest moment" from his galactic collection of concentrated fail is a bit like trying to pick which Lamborghini is most crazily over the top as a car ....
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby scruffy » Jun 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Picking out a "dumbest moment" from his galactic collection of concentrated fail is a bit like trying to pick which Lamborghini is most crazily over the top as a car ....

I'm just going to poke in here and say my favorite part was reading his 'about me':

I never saw the world as it really is.

:oops:

So, I try to give people faith or help with the limited knowledge that I have.

Limited indeed.

__

His cherry-picking the Koran and asserting the results to be evidence for ancient knowledge of embryology was a riot also.
scruffy

Name: Jared Clark
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jun 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Picking out a "dumbest moment" from his galactic collection of concentrated fail is a bit like trying to pick which Lamborghini is most crazily over the top as a car ....

Well, we can all have favorites, right? :mrgreen:

Actually I take that back. I think it's a tie between what's written above and when he tried to convince me that Richard Dawkins was no longer an atheist, but had converted to some New Age space religion based on a clip from Expelled.

Should I invite him over?
Blitzkrebs

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 01, 2010 12:59 am

Please, don't. LIFE will have to kill you with his bare hands if you do. :mrgreen:
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Alan C » Jul 03, 2010 8:33 am

Not without upgrading the sanitation system, and fallout scrubbers.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jul 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Damnit, lol. And I was looking forward to a phenomenon akin to throwing a rodent into a tank of piranhas.
Blitzkrebs

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jul 17, 2010 10:51 pm

:mrgreen:

Here's his latest comment, although I fear you may die from an overload of lulz after reading:

Sorry to say blitzkrebs, but you seem very ignorant of Islam, and this is indeed our fault. We have indeed failed to deliver the message, may Allah(swt) forgive us.

So exactly how many Islamic philosophy books have you read? You are unfortunately mistaken when you say that the Qur'an is a philosophy book or whatever. The Quraan is a mercy that the creator of the world has revealed so that we have have direction in life. See Allah(swt) isn't a philosopher, He knows with certainty of what He is talking about. Say for example, has any of your so-called brilliant philosophers showed that interest is evil? Look at the world around you, the whole economic system has collapsed, and will further collapse until the dollar becomes worthless. What about alcohol? How many people have suffered because of this? How many destoryed families have suffered from it? How many dead children? Yet even today, after all this, the kafirs don't learn. This is your problem, you just have too much pride to accept you are wrong.

http://my.muxlim.com/Maryam33/
Blitzkrebs

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby scruffy » Jul 18, 2010 6:47 am

See Allah(swt) isn't a philosopher, He knows with certainty of what He is talking about.

:picard:

That's where you just smile, nod your head, and move along with your life.
scruffy

Name: Jared Clark
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Creationism